Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Many hole to fill, where would you start?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Many hole to fill, where would you start?

    Many needs at the moment.
    I would start with O-line. Give Eli time and he is a top notch QB. It would also help the running game. If AB can get healthy I think Brown and Wilso n could be a good trio. AB is a tough guy, I hope he can get healthy.

    Martellus Bennett can not be your primary TE, be has hands of stone. I would keep Bennett if the price is right as he is a good blocker. Hopefully th ere is a decent veteran TE with good hands in free agency.

    I think WR is OK although we all know Nicks will be hurt again next year. Hixon has been solid but again an injury waiting to happen. WR is not a pr iority.

    D-Line - Osi has to go, he is nothing more than a 3rd down specialist at this stage of his career, and not a very good one. I would have a sit down wit h Tuck and see if he wants to still play football. Doesn't look like that is the case. Hopefully Rodgers can come back healthy next year and help stre ngthen the run defense. Canty needs to take a cut in pay. If there is a good d-linemen in the 2nd round I would take him. Also look for a decent FA. Kiwi should a full time D-lineman.

    LB's, yuck. Can only plug so many holes in one year. May have to put up with this very weak group again. Boley looks so slow that I would conside r to let him go. Rivers will be injured so can't consider him. Go with the young guys and see if they can improve, quickly.

    If TT can come back healthy (highly unlikely) they would be OK. Webster has shown that he is a 2-3 CB at best. Kenny Phillips will most likely be i njured so keep Rolle. Hopefully Hill will develop into a solid DB. Prince played well but again another very injury prone Giant.

    I am not a big Perry Fewell fan but continuity is important. If a really top notch DC was available I would consider the change.

  • #2
    It has to be OL. If you are going to invest $100 million in a non mobile QB he better have all day to throw the ball and a good running game. After that DE's.

    Comment


    • #3
      OL OL, and more OL...

      I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

      Comment


      • #4
        Offensive line. Other then Beatty, everyone on the line can be replaced.

        Giants fan since the early 80s

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ny06 View Post
          Offensive line. Other then Beatty, everyone on the line can be replaced.
          I thought Boothe played OK. Can't get rid of all in one year. Right side surely needs to be addressed.

          Comment


          • #6
            I'd fill in that crater they made when they collapsed first

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post
              I thought Boothe played OK. Can't get rid of all in one year. Right side surely needs to be addressed.
              I like Boothe, and he's a servicable lineman. Can play multiple positions. Was just stating that we need upgrades to every position other then left tackle. Realistically we could change minimum two spots on the o-line for next year.

              Giants fan since the early 80s

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                It has to be OL. If you are going to invest $100 million in a non mobile QB he better have all day to throw the ball and a good running game. After that DE's.
                not only non moblie, but erratic, and makes horrible decisons when the least bit of pressure is on em... ELI is just as enigmatic as the OSI's and Tucks.. U never know what ur gonna get from ELI.. He shouden't get any kinda pass for this yr, as hes regressed right back to the guy people debated wasent' elite or was elite for basically his entire career.. Obviously its clear the guys never gonna be elite for any stretch of seasons, and if he does have seasons like this, people will blame other reasons to why, instead of just look at his yearly numbers, and see, he always has been like this.. ..

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                  It has to be OL. If you are going to invest $100 million in a non mobile QB he better have all day to throw the ball and a good running game. After that DE's.
                  This.
                  http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                  http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                  http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

                  Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                    not only non moblie, but erratic, and makes horrible decisons when the least bit of pressure is on em... ELI is just as enigmatic as the OSI's and Tucks.. U never know what ur gonna get from ELI.. He shouden't get any kinda pass for this yr, as hes regressed right back to the guy people debated wasent' elite or was elite for basically his entire career.. Obviously its clear the guys never gonna be elite for any stretch of seasons, and if he does have seasons like this, people will blame other reasons to why, instead of just look at his yearly numbers, and see, he always has been like this.. ..
                    I'm not absolving him of the stupidity he's shown in games, but you shouldn't gloss over the over the hill OL, receivers who can't break free nor make ridiculous catches (Look what those receivers did to Flacco yesterday, look at what receivers are doing with Luck in Indianapolis) , a hobbled WR who did more harm than good, a running game that lives and dies by "my feet are always busted-up" Bradshaw, the same running game that's expected to ground and pound when our OL is the one who keeps getting pushed back.
                    For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

                    Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by G-MENBK View Post
                      I'm not absolving him of the stupidity he's shown in games, but you shouldn't gloss over the over the hill OL, receivers who can't break free nor make ridiculous catches (Look what those receivers did to Flacco yesterday, look at what receivers are doing with Luck in Indianapolis) , a hobbled WR who did more harm than good, a running game that lives and dies by "my feet are always busted-up" Bradshaw, the same running game that's expected to ground and pound when our OL is the one who keeps getting pushed back.
                      If we had an offensive line then we could have afforded to plug in Wilson at RB. I don't blame the coaching staff for not wanting to let Wilson play considering he is terrible when it comes to pass blocking, coupling that with our swiss cheese offensive line.

                      Anyway the offensive and defensive lines need to see some attention before any other units do

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
                        If we had an offensive line then we could have afforded to plug in Wilson at RB. I don't blame the coaching staff for not wanting to let Wilson play considering he is terrible when it comes to pass blocking, coupling that with our swiss cheese offensive line.
                        Bradshaw is a hit and miss in that regard as well, as far as this season goes. Yesterday, he was just flat-out pathetic and a lot of that has to do with the fact of his nagging injuries.

                        Still, we're left with this inept OL.
                        For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

                        Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Ol and getting rid of Webster and draft/FA a good CB

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            OL and DL. You wave to win in the trenches in this league. This draft is the best OL/DL draft in recent history so might as well get as many as possible.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'd start with defense.

                              The best way to improve a team is to improve the defense.

                              The best way to improve a defense is to improve linebackers.

                              So, I'd find a linebacker that can pass rush, stop the run, and cover a tight end.

                              Then, I'd go with the offensive line.

                              I'd also like to find a DT......it's too bad that Marvin Austin is a bust....that really set the defense back.

                              Finally, CB....we need someone to replace Corey Webster.
                              "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                              "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X