Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would the percentage be of us hiring Rex Ryan as our defensive coordinator?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would the percentage be of us hiring Rex Ryan as our defensive coordinator?

25%... or would they not even entertain that notion?

Rex is a great DC, not so much HC. He doesn't fit our class obviously he has a different way he goes about doing things but he could swallow his pride and tone things down and really do something special here in NY with our defense. I really believe that. He's grown a bit finally with the media but again he was the HC where he's asked to speak much more than if he were a DC.

Rex would be the absolute best choice out there for us if he would accept it. I think Rex would love to be in our organization because he respects us and respects Coughlin.

Like him or not he is a GREAT defensive mind. I'd welcome him with open arms.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post

Rex is a great DC, not so much HC. He doesn't fit our class obviously he has a different way he goes about doing things but he could swallow his pride and tone things down and really do something special here in NY with our defense. I really believe that. He's grown a bit finally with the media but again he was the HC where he's asked to speak much more than if he were a DC.

Rex would be the absolute best choice out there for us if he would accept it. I think Rex would love to be in our organization because he respects us and respects Coughlin.

You aren't really that stupid , are you? ....Rex staying in NY as a coordinator?

Comment

Originally posted by Hooligans View Post
      You aren't really that stupid , are you? ....Rex staying in NY as a coordinator?
      Or maybe you're too stubborn to realize he's a great defensive mind and his mouth and youthful persona were just too much as a HC dealing with the media every day.

He's grown and toned down a lot from where he once was.

Rex Ryan would turn this defense around in an off season. Yea, he's that good and we have the talent.

Comment

There's no way in hell he stays in town. He'll get a job somewhere else as a dc and he won't have to deal with the same media.

Comment

Originally posted by EliIsTheBaas View Post
          There's no way in hell he stays in town. He'll get a job somewhere else as a dc and he won't have to deal with the same media.
          You think Rex cares about what the media says?

Rex has very thick skin

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post

LOL, not as long as Gilbride is with the team!
            My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

I would gladly take Rex and Norv Turner as our new coordinators....

Comment

I think you give Rex too much credit a far as "class". Just can't see any Ryan championing the values of the Mara's and Tisch's.
                I'll pass thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by fourth&forever View Post
                  I think you give Rex too much credit a far as "class". Just can't see any Ryan championing the values of the Mara's and Tisch's.
                  I'll pass thanks.
                  Think you misunderstood me, I said he lacks class but has gotten better as he's grown each year. Certainly this season he's matured more than years past.

Comment

Rex and Coughlin? Talk about a match made in hell LOL

I agree that he is a very good defensive coach, but there's no way it would ever happen. The personality clashes between him and TC would be epic, and not in a good way
                    The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

I would like to see it, anyone but Fewell. But rex will coach the Jets next year unless something crazy happens.

Comment

I just want better, hungrier players.. Thats the thing that will make our coaching staff look better.. Imean, i'd be surprised if our coaching staff was/or is doing anything diffrently then what they did when we were 6-2 and on top of the world, ya know? I seriously just want better hungrier players who give a crap..

Comment

Ill take him in a heartbeat. Does he come with Revis?

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                            I just want better, hungrier players.. Thats the thing that will make our coaching staff look better.. Imean, i'd be surprised if our coaching staff was/or is doing anything diffrently then what they did when we were 6-2 and on top of the world, ya know? I seriously just want better hungrier players who give a crap..
                            Our defense and was atrocious when we were 6-2, Eli was putting the team on his back.

Gilbride was still calling some questionable games, not nearly as bad as late in the season though.

Comment

Sexy Rexy and Sancheese will be back in 2013, Rex gets one more shot but the Cheese will have to fight for his job, the Jets will bring someone like a vet to work with him or a solid QB that he will have to compete with, the silver spoon is gone.
                              Every year the league is full of surprises, maybe next year the Jets and the GMEN turn it around and play for it all at METLIFE!
                              Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

Working...
                              X