Nicks Enters Revis Island

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicks Enters Revis Island

should be an interesting matchup there this week. Nicks will surely be looking to rebound after a nad game last week.

I don't understand why they don't get Barden more involved. Guy has shown he has good hands, and uses his size to his advantage. He could be a big factor if they throw to him nore often

Re: Nicks Enters Revis Island

I haven't seen too many Jets games this year, but best of luck to Nicks! Not easy being stranded on Revis Island!

This will be a week for Manningham and Cruz to step it up.

Comment

Stevie Johnson undressed Revis last time they faced the Bills. I don't see any reason why Nicks can't get his off in this game.
      Emperor Tom

Comment

[quote user="Overdrive92"]I haven't seen too many Jets games this year, but best of luck to Nicks! Not easy being stranded on Revis Island!

This will be a week for Manningham and Cruz to step it up.[/quote]

Revis can be had.

Stevie Johnson put a clinic on Revis in the Bills loss at the Jets

If Nicks stays focused, and Eli can get him the ball in the right spots, then Nicks can have a good game despite being on "Revis Island"

Comment

From Ralph Vacchiano: Is Darrelle Revis the best corner in the NFL? After a very long pause, Hakeem Nicks said "He's a decent corner."

From Ralph Vacchiano: Victor Cruz on Darrelle Revis: "Teams aren't really scared of him anymore. He's had to earn his money this year."

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"]
            From Ralph Vacchiano: Is Darrelle Revis the best corner in the NFL? After a very long pause, Hakeem Nicks said "He's a decent corner."

From Ralph Vacchiano: Victor Cruz on Darrelle Revis: "Teams aren't really scared of him anymore. He's had to earn his money this year."
            [/quote]

smh...sometimes I think our players aren't the brightest of the bunch.

Major facepalm at both our guys....

I know you shouldn't kiss his *** but "decent"? Really?

Better back what you say #88

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote]Sounds about right.

Comment

[quote user="GiantWarfare"][quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

When Rolle is your leader, this is what you get. Im sure this will get Revis going for this one, and he will give it his best performance of the year.

Im really shocked these 2 said something. Cruz is the most humble guy we have. Maybe it was taken out of context.

Comment

[quote user="GiantWarfare"][quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought the same thing. WTF would you say something like that for? Just not smart at all.

TC has totally lost this team. TC says talk is cheap and they go find a mic to talk crap all week before the games. He says be discipline but there are key dropped passes and very costly penalties. He is supposed to be one of the most prepared coaches in the league but we can't get the plays in on time.
                  Emperor Tom

Comment

stevie johnson undressed him? 8 catches for 75 i nice but many of the passes were quick slants and short timing routes - im not saying johnson didnt have a goof game but if your foolish enough to believe one game out of 14 is enough to prove a corner isnt unreal you're not watching the game.

Make no mistake Revis is the best cover corner in the game - i also believe Nicks is one of the best WR in the league so it should be a great matchup. But why would you knock either when its clear they are some of the best in league - even deon got worked in a game or two once a year - nature of the position.

Comment

I like the confidence by our young guys. Don't let last weeks game get in the way of what they have and will accomplish.

Revis is great, but if he does not have help on Nicks, it will be a long game. Nicks is not as fast as S. Johnson, but is one of the most physical recievers in the league these days. Im sure you have seen that it takes two or three people to get him down at times.

Now if Revis is on Cruz, I can see him being slowed down, unless he can make a couple juke moves to get open similar to Stevie Johnson.

Its going to be a good matchup either way, but I am back on our Running backs bandwagon.

Comment

[quote user="NWKEffectElement"]Stevie Johnson undressed Revis last time they faced the Bills. I don't see any reason why Nicks can't get his off in this game.[/quote]He had a TD and a few catches. Hardly undressed.

I also remember stevie choking the game away.

Comment

he also dropped a couple, including the potential game winning TD pass on the last drive where he beat Revis badly

Comment

[quote user="Moss#83"][quote user="NWKEffectElement"]Stevie Johnson undressed Revis last time they faced the Bills. I don't see any reason why Nicks can't get his off in this game.[/quote]He had a TD and a few catches. Hardly undressed.

I also remember stevie choking the game away.[/quote]

How many pd or ints did Revis have that game? Who cares if he choked the game away that wasn't the point. Even on that critical point where he dropped it, he was wide out when he was supposedly be covered by Revis.
                            Emperor Tom

Comment

[quote user="Moss#83"][quote user="NWKEffectElement"]Stevie Johnson undressed Revis last time they faced the Bills. I don't see any reason why Nicks can't get his off in this game.[/quote]He had a TD and a few catches. Hardly undressed.

I also remember stevie choking the game away.[/quote]

Revis Island is a media and Rex Ryan created fantasy.

Revis rarely plays single coverage without over the top help. I recall a few years back after the Jets-Pats game Belichick got so fed up with the BS that he released the scouting tape of the game which proved Revis had help on over 85% of the plays.

Now, there's nothing wrong with that but the whole Revis Island thing is an insult to any football fan who actually knows the sport.

I wish our WRs had kept their mouths shut. Revis is a league favorite and he plays a very physical game, I expect there will be multiple muggings in the secondary by him and I expect none of them to be called.

Comment

Working...
                              X