The "demise" of C-Web is the biggest reason for our failures this season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "demise" of C-Web is the biggest reason for our failures this season

He goes from shut down to a severe liability every week.

His regression cannot just stem from physical issues. He HAS to be content with his two super bowl rings. You can't be THAT good, then in a couple months time be looked at as a liability. Just doesn't happen.

Don't tell me that he was never that good he was great. It wasn't the pass rush that masked his play, he was a shut down corner from the '07 playoffs until 2011.

Webster's obvious decline is the biggest mystery in my eyes.
    Unless he takes a long long in the mirror this off season and comes back hungrier than ever and more motivated than ever I just don't know what we do with him.

Oh and has a HUGE cap hit if we release him.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

What's the cap hit if he's released?

Comment

Originally posted by CruznNicks View Post
      What's the cap hit if he's released?
      2013: $9,975,000

Yes you read that right, that is not a typo.... he's an UFA in 2014

I think whether people like it or not Webster is here for another year until his contract is up. We NEED him to come back motivated and hungry.

Comment

Only Giants players regress the way they do, just what the hell is going on with this team is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post

I think whether people like it or not Webster is here for another year until his contract is up. We NEED him to come back motivated and hungry.
          How much of that are we on the hook for if we release him?
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post

Was he ever a shutdown corner? I thought he was opportunistic, and the team gameplan was to pick on Aaron Ross.
            sigpic <-NYG Fan "REALIST"

Comment

this is a bit too drastic

more like the demise of the pass rush

this pass rush is non existent .....

it's nice to have a defense built around something that doesn't exist huh?

Corey has been beat this season......a bunch actually

but last night most of those plays were great throws....and even better catches

sure he played some poor technique.....but he was in position for the most part

the pass rush has been the demise.....of the defense at least

a good pass rush can make an average corner a "shutdown corner"

the offense is a whole other catastrophe

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                In my best Eddie Murphy impression: "HALF"

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

a good pass rush can make an average corner a "shutdown corner"

This is true, our Defense is built on an effective pass rush. This has been non-existent as you said, which exposes our "solid" corners.

The Offense is missing a healthy Nicks, and an O-line that can pass protect. Eli's sack numbers are misleading.

Comment

Originally posted by Kez Simpson View Post
                    In my best Eddie Murphy impression: "HALF"
                    Hard to make it happen then. It's also not ever one player's fault.
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

a good pass rush can make an overage corner a "shutdown corner"

Webster has been my favorite player on the team for many years. I love the guy and we don't win those Super Bowls without him playing like a shut down corner.

I'm not picking on him for last Sunday. He's just looked uninspired and like he is content with his two rings and earning a paycheck. He's was never balling this season. Stevie Brown, now THAT'S a guy who is hungry and balling his *** off.

The game Sunday Torrey Smith made a one handed grab, can't do anything about that. Was a phantom PI call on Webster, yes.

Even so they were picking on him and they even called him out during the week saying he could be had for big plays... and sure enough

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                        Says his salary for 2013:

$7,000,000 Base
                        $875,000 Signing
                        $2,100,000 Misc. Bonus
                        $9,975,000 Cap Hit

Comment

NEWS FLASH: Webster was never good. He was backed by an elite pass rush for years. Now that the giants have none, he's been exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by GFiP View Post
                            NEWS FLASH: Webster was never good. He was backed by an elite pass rush for years. Now that the giants have none, he's been exposed.
                            by none other than flacco

Comment

I agree he should go, but "biggest" reason? No. There's plenty of bad play to go around on all sides of the ball.

Comment

Working...
                              X