Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would moving to a 34 front solve our run defense problems?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would moving to a 34 front solve our run defense problems?

It took the skins a year to get the scheme and personal right but JPP could be moved to the LT position.

Release tuck and osi

Get three big body tackles in the inside

Need a Sam lb that can control the TE

Two stud inside LBs like wills/bowman

The 49ers have taken over from the steelers as the model defense because they do the basics well every play

Soo basically replace the entire Dline and LBers? Sounds good, but won't happen in one offseason. We can't find a good LBer now. We haven't had a really good LBer since the 90's. That's sad. And you think we can get 4 of them?

Comment

I don't know if JPP can work in that LT position. I'd rather just work in the 4-3 base and find players to fit in it. Maybe we should use Kiwi to replace Osi when he leaves and possibly look for another pass rusher in the draft. We do need to fix the linebacking corp though.

Comment

Guess that game against the Ravens answered that question, the Giants don't even have 3 good LB's and you want them to play 4? Don't wish for something that might come true, beat down by Ravens last week.
        Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

Getting rid of Tuck and Osi, and replacing them with young blood that is hungry to get out there and punch o-lines in the mouth is how we fix our front 7...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Oh man, I LOVE the 3 - 4. Have ever since we ran it throughout the '80s. I'd have no problem trying to make the switch, but no problem either if we stuck to the 4 - 3. It may be easier to just get another DE and DT then reshuffling the fron 7 players.

Comment

I think we could really do with a change on D, but I think we are miles away from a 3-4 D. We'd need a nose tackle, which we don't have. Guys like Canty and JPP could be DEs in a 3-4. We'd need good LBers, which we don't have. And we have Oline problems, so we can't spend all our picks on good LBers.

If we go to a 3-4, I think we'd have to draft toward that goal for a year, then make the switch heading into another draft. Even then, it would probably take a year longer to get it down right.
              Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury View Post
                I think we could really do with a change on D, but I think we are miles away from a 3-4 D. We'd need a nose tackle, which we don't have. Guys like Canty and JPP could be DEs in a 3-4. We'd need good LBers, which we don't have. And we have Oline problems, so we can't spend all our picks on good LBers.

If we go to a 3-4, I think we'd have to draft toward that goal for a year, then make the switch heading into another draft. Even then, it would probably take a year longer to get it down right.
                Yep. The Giants just won a SB and are an extremely competitive team. They've got their franchise QB in the middle of his career. Making the switch to the 34 would take a few years and I don't know about doing that right now when we've got talent on this team -- enough talent to make another SB run over the next few years.

Just want to point out that Cofield has been the NT for the 'skins, and has been doing it very well, from what I've read. I'm a big Cofield supporter, so just wanted to throw that out there. Never should have let him walk. Probably the only bad decision that JR's made in terms of what talent to let go.

Comment

Originally posted by Banks_Reasons_Carson_LT View Post
                  It took the skins a year to get the scheme and personal right but JPP could be moved to the LT position.

Release tuck and osi

The 49ers have taken over from the steelers as the model defense because they do the basics well every play
                  You could be out of contention for 2 - 3 years
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

its not the base D thats the problem.
                    a 3-4 wouldnt work if the players weren't good enough either.....
                    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Yes, putting fewer players on the line and relying on our terrible LB corps is clearly the answer.

We haven't drafted a stud LB since Jesse Armstead (1993) and you want to put 4 on the field at the same time. Brilliant!
                      Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 12-27-2012, 01:00 PM.
                      8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Its more about how good yours players are then whether its 3-4 or 4-3. Collect as many physically talented versatile players as U can and u will be just fine

Comment

Originally posted by Banks_Reasons_Carson_LT View Post

Release tuck and osi

The 49ers have a good defense because they have good players,are physical, and tackle well. Also health is a big asset. up till last week the 49ers started the same 11 players on Defense all year. Thats ridiculous I wouldnt be surprised if the Giants started 20

Comment

Originally posted by M00KIE View Post
                            Soo basically replace the entire Dline and LBers? Sounds good, but won't happen in one offseason. We can't find a good LBer now. We haven't had a really good LBer since the 90's. That's sad. And you think we can get 4 of them?
                            Jesse Armstead could STILL play better than any of our current LBs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                              Its more about how good yours players are then whether its 3-4 or 4-3. Collect as many physically talented versatile players as U can and u will be just fine
                              You can't leave out the line and linebacker coaches. They would have to be comfortable in that alignment as well.
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Working...
                              X