Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eli Manning Admits Lack Of Practice Reps With Injured Hakeem Nicks Has Hurt Timing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli Manning Admits Lack Of Practice Reps With Injured Hakeem Nicks Has Hurt Timing

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...keem_nick.html

Excerpt: "Eli Manning has nothing but great respect for Hakeem Nicks, who has battled through foot and knee injuries during the offseason and season, missing just three games. But the Giants quarterback admitted the receiver's restrictions have contributed to the passing game being less viable this year.

"I love Hakeem and the way he competes. Heís doing everything he can to be out there. Heís obviously dealing with a frustrating issue thatís limiting him a little bit," Manning said. "Heís out there trying to do his best, so we just have to keep working, try to get on the same page. He missed most of training camp, all of the off-season, so you donít get that rep time. We donít get practice reps. He gets a few reps, heís not quite at full-speed. The timing is off on a few things, and it can make it hard to be as effective as you need to be and be on the perfect timing that is required to be really successful."

In the 33-14 loss to the Ravens Sunday, Nicks was targeted three times and held without a catch for the first time in his four-year career.

Nicks missed the offseason and most of training camp after fracturing a bone in his foot. The lingering knee injury developed in Week 2 of the season. In addition to Nicks, running back Ahmad Bradshaw has been on a restricted practice regimen this season while dealing with a bruised bone in his foot and, the past two weeks, a sprained knee.

"You love the competiveness, the hanging in there and being there for the team," Manning said.

"It can be tough when youíve got four or five guys who donít practice much during the week, if at all, and then show up on game day. Again, you love the toughness, you love the competiveness, you love the team attitude and doing whatever it takes. Itís hard to continue to play at a high level sometimes." Read more...
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

"It can be tough when you’ve got four or five guys who don’t practice much during the week, if at all, and then show up on game day. Again, you love the toughness, you love the competiveness, you love the team attitude and doing whatever it takes. It’s hard to continue to play at a high level sometimes."

but TC just keeps playing them all anyway.....

forget it ....not gonna go there .....its Christmas ........
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

I thought so 2 but they were effective with Randle,Hxon and Barden maybe they should of jost rolled with those guys instead

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
        I thought so 2 but they were effective with Randle,Hxon and Barden maybe they should of jost rolled with those guys instead
        You'd sit Cruz?
        ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

Comment

Yeah....what the hell happened to Barden? He had a breakout game and was seemingly rewarded for it with the bench!
          Coughlin pulled a Tebow on Barden by saying how usefull his height and good hands would be in the red zone.... but then when Barden proved him right in Bardens coming out party game, Coughlin never once used him again in those situations!
          Coughlin's stubborness to try anything different when things aren't working....especially in must win games, is my biggest knock on him.
          You have to try SOMETHING different when you're desperate and Coughlin just refuses to do those things and the same damned thing happens every year..........and has put in jeopardy playoff chances that were, just a few short weeks ago, a virtual lock!
          Last edited by bigblue58; 12-25-2012, 10:43 AM.
          "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

I'm not big on having guys play injured. I mean a little banged up, no doubt. But when the guy is running around, not close to what he should be, there has to be a better option. A hurt Nicks is not better than a 100% *insert name here* imo.

Comment

I call BS. Maybe parts are true, but with good playcalling, Nicks could of at least had a catch. Anyone see him run 1 short route Sunday? Anyone see Cruz run a short route? Well, early anyway. I turned the game off before the 4th Q to save me some sanity with it being Christmas and all. Funny how other teams that have players that don't practice still make plays.
              WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                I call BS. Maybe parts are true, but with good playcalling, Nicks could of at least had a catch. Anyone see him run 1 short route Sunday? Anyone see Cruz run a short route? Well, early anyway. I turned the game off before the 4th Q to save me some sanity with it being Christmas and all. Funny how other teams that have players that don't practice still make plays.
                Other teams aren't running KG's crazy offense either. They draw up plays and run them or simply audible to whatever other drawn up play. Too much read/react here I think. When everyone is "right" it's amazing but when they're not, it's a disaster.

I mean, there's room for a little bit of that but not every play. It's the same reason we can't play rookies much. They'd be completely lost.
                Last edited by M00KIE; 12-25-2012, 11:07 AM.

Comment

We need a new OC. It honestly starts there. We need to run simpler routes. You know how much more effective Cruz would be in the slot if he ran simple hook and slant routes? Or letting Nicks run more stop and go routes on the outside? It's all about these overly complicated down the field routes that haven't been working because Eli doesn't have any time to throw the ball anymore. We're a mess all around.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingTruck View Post
                    We need a new OC. It honestly starts there. We need to run simpler routes. You know how much more effective Cruz would be in the slot if he ran simple hook and slant routes? Or letting Nicks run more stop and go routes on the outside? It's all about these overly complicated down the field routes that haven't been working because Eli doesn't have any time to throw the ball anymore. We're a mess all around.
                    +1

Comment

ehh....whatever. The reason doesnt matter. The WHOLE TEAM WAS OFF.....................
                      A handful of players gave their all every game....most didnt and the reasons dont really matter by now......
                      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

it matters going forward......that article shows that this staff makes Eli play read and react with guys he does not practice with.
                        and people that are injured and can't perform their job at an NFL level.
                        i mean just how stupid is that ?
                        i mean if you can't see the problem..well

this team can't overcome its coaching staffs stubbornness and lack of 4site every year.
                        getting consistent offensively and hot defensively 2 times with 9-7 quality coaching is about as lucky as its gonna get.

thanks for the memories....
                        take the money and run.
                        due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                        my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

Originally posted by stormblue View Post
                          it matters going forward......that article shows that this staff makes Eli play read and react with guys he does not practice with.
                          and people that are injured and can't perform their job at an NFL level.
                          i mean just how stupid is that ?
                          i mean if you can't see the problem..well

this team can't overcome its coaching staffs stubbornness and lack of 4site every year.
                          getting consistent offensively and hot defensively 2 times with 9-7 quality coaching is about as lucky as its gonna get.

thanks for the memories....
                          take the money and run.
                          true...it will matter again next season. I was thinking in context of this season. I am usualy not c aoch basher when it comes tot he Giants but I think they need fresh thoughts, ideas, and enthusiasm.
                          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Even my 7 year old niece recognizes that Killdrive sucks. What more does the organization want to make changes.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                              You'd sit Cruz?
                              No I meant instead of Nicks

Comment

Working...
                              X