Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should or should not re-sign Black Unicorn?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're better off with him than without. I'd like to see him return.

Comment

Yes. Besides being a good TE, he makes me laugh and his talk is harmless.

Comment

Yes, sign him. Don't over pay by any means, but it would be nice keeping around a TE that stays healthy for an entire season.
        I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
          I like his playing abilities, but wow he's too much talk, and he also has too much attitude. Ok, he's not Shockey bad in attitude but, he's very ****y, ****y enough to ignore Eli on the sidelines ****y.

Anyway, I'd say offer him something at least, but if his price is too high, I think we can get another TE just as productive. Don't break the bank for the Black Unicorn.
          I don't mind seeing him back if Gilbride is gone because if KG stays, we will not see much of him.
          Reese, gone. Check! Bench McAdoo Doo, gone. Check! Let's Giants 2018.

Comment

Yes MB should be signed. He is good athlete and lets not forget that the Giants TE coach is a great one, last year he developed Jake Ballard and made him look decent. I believe though Adrien Robinson should be seeing more playing time, he is a raw player but I believe if Reese drafted him so early he should at least bring something to the table. Bear Pascoe is a good blocker, but not too much of a threat to the passing game; Robinson is too raw still; therefore Giants sign Bennet again.

Comment

Originally posted by drewz View Post
              I say we keep him and find a OC that will utilize him
              Yes, we should build our coaching staff around him.

Comment

IMO....they guy has big time focus issues. You hear it in his interviews. His mind is all over the place. Effects his play and route running.
                He is not necessary to the the teams success. They really dont need him.....
                "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

I would love to have Bennett back. IMO he was underutilized and often open when Eli would look elsewhere.

I don't see an attitude problem with him; like some said before the guy is a bit goofy.

Sadly with our fairly big needs in CB, O-line, and D-line resigning Bennett maybe very difficult.

Let's hope he can give us a bit of a discount.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                    IMO....they guy has big time focus issues. You hear it in his interviews. His mind is all over the place. Effects his play and route running.
                    He is not necessary to the the teams success. They really dont need him.....
                    We really don't need a lot of players on this team. Bennett is a solid player at a thin spot on our team.
                    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by Evo'Ed View Post
                      I would love to have Bennett back. IMO he was underutilized and often open when Eli would look elsewhere.

I don't see an attitude problem with him; like some said before the guy is a bit goofy.

Sadly with our fairly big needs in CB, O-line, and D-line resigning Bennett maybe very difficult.

Let's hope he can give us a bit of a discount.
                      What's Bennett done to prove he's worth more than that 1 year deal we gave him? He's had an okay season, but Pro Personnel Directors around the league probably aren't salivating at the idea of signing him.
                      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Bennett grades out as the 4th highest TE on PFF. Positive grades on run blocking, pass blocking, receiving, and penalties. Pretty good considering it's his first year here in this system, and 10 guys had more targets than him. And he is only 25 years old just entering his prime.
                        Last edited by moosedrool; 12-26-2012, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Depends on the offense of coordinator if we keep K G, we could have Witten or any All-Pro tight end and the results will look similar to this year. We need someone who knows how to utilize the tight end position because in today's game it's a matchup you can exploit. Honestly, I can't even think of another offense that doesn't want to utilize their tight end. Smh

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                            I think the "black unicorn" think he's better than he actually is. How would you know that? when he asks for more money.
                            They all think they are better than they really are. Of course he'll ask for more money.
                            So would I. I'd never ask my boss for the same pay as last year.
                            He and Hynoski are the most consistant job discription players on the offense.

Comment

I don't know what this adds but...I had this dream last night that the Giants traded and got Kyle Rudolph. In my dream he was already on the team and the Giants were using him alongside Bennett in week 17 in duo TE offense. It was a great and awesome dream...

Then I woke up....(Thanks for listening)
                              "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                                I don't know what this adds but...I had this dream last night that the Giants traded and got Kyle Rudolph. In my dream he was already on the team and the Giants were using him alongside Bennett in week 17 in duo TE offense. It was a great and awesome dream...

Then I woke up....(Thanks for listening)
                                Go right back to sleep and this time get Rudolph to sign a contract!

Comment

Working...
                                X