Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should or should not re-sign Black Unicorn?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Should or should not re-sign Black Unicorn?

    I like his playing abilities, but wow he's too much talk, and he also has too much attitude. Ok, he's not Shockey bad in attitude but, he's very ****y, ****y enough to ignore Eli on the sidelines ****y.

    Anyway, I'd say offer him something at least, but if his price is too high, I think we can get another TE just as productive. Don't break the bank for the Black Unicorn.

  • #2
    i say they should

    Comment


    • #3
      I wouldn't pay a crazy amount. But he's one of the guys I saw playing hard every week. I think he's worth keeping around for sure.

      Comment


      • #4
        I say we keep him and find a OC that will utilize him

        Comment


        • #5
          I think the Unicorn is one of NYG must sign this offseason.
          We Want 5!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
            I like his playing abilities, but wow he's too much talk, and he also has too much attitude. Ok, he's not Shockey bad in attitude but, he's very ****y, ****y enough to ignore Eli on the sidelines ****y.

            Anyway, I'd say offer him something at least, but if his price is too high, I think we can get another TE just as productive. Don't break the bank for the Black Unicorn.
            Bennet is gone...a 1 year experiment that wasn't a total failure, but he isn't worth it. The Giants will let him go because they have so many other holes to fill on the offensive line and the defensive front 7 - both lines got pushed around like little girls.

            Comment


            • #7
              I don't think hes a must sign at all.. Sure, i'd sign em if he was cheap enough but hes no must sign...

              Comment


              • #8
                I also think he's a must sign, Good run blocker, pass blocker, and pass receiver. Tough SOB too playing on that sprained knee. At age 25, he's in his prime and this is where you want to spend your salary cap money (age 24-28).

                Comment


                • #9
                  He's a solid player. Fits what we do as it pertains to his in-line responsibilities, and we appear confident in flexing him as a Y-TE. We've thrown a lot at him, he seems to be a likable guy on the team, and he has upside as a redzone threat. I'd definitely resign him at a reasonable price.
                  My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think the "black unicorn" think he's better than he actually is. How would you know that? when he asks for more money.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                      I think the "black unicorn" think he's better than he actually is. How would you know that? when he asks for more money.
                      Well of course he asks for money, he's set to make $0 next year.
                      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yeah. I like him. I don't think he has an attitude per se, he's just kinda goofy and doesn't take himself too seriously IMO, which I dig.

                        Unfortunately he reminds me of Brandon Pettigrew on the Lions. You see a lot of potential, but get the feeling it'll never totally come together for him. Drops being the biggest concern. I could be wrong, though. He's still young.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          IMO, at 25yrs old, you sign him! He's the best TE the Giants have had since shockey. Don't see any better TEs out there either. Skins or Eagles pick him up, that will come back to haunt us.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            He is a talented player, made a huge impact. I dont know how having a weapon like him did not free up cruz and nicks more. I mean with an injury he probably had one of the best seasons a giants TE ever had.
                            Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by appodictic View Post
                              He is a talented player, made a huge impact. I dont know how having a weapon like him did not free up cruz and nicks more. I mean with an injury he probably had one of the best seasons a giants TE ever had.
                              This. A definite sign. We have so many other holes to fill (OL/LB/CB)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X