Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With one game to play, Giants rank 30th in the NFL in yards allowed per game at 387.8

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • With one game to play, Giants rank 30th in the NFL in yards allowed per game at 387.8

    Giants defense at a loss for words after complete breakdown

    Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger

    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...oss_for_w.html

  • #2
    Last year the defense was rated in the bottom 20 of most defensive stats too. Under Perry Fewell the defense has digressed each season, relying solely on the pass rush getting hot last season to bail him out. How long until it is not just bad players, but bad coaching too?

    Comment


    • #3
      I keep telling people that the bend don't teak defense is TERRIBLE.
      Mood: WOOF!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by G-Men4Supes View Post
        Giants defense at a loss for words after complete breakdown

        Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger

        http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...oss_for_w.html
        You're kiddin' me! They are at a loss for words as to why the defense sucked???? Any Giant fan can explain it with two words and they are not Merry Christmas either!!!! try.........Perry Fewell. That will sum it up in a nut shell.

        Comment


        • #5
          The last two games where horrible but up until then they where allowing the 8th lowest points against.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
            The last two games where horrible but up until then they where allowing the 8th lowest points against.

            Bend but dont' break....all that does is keep your defense on the field longer and keep your offense on the bench. Awesome idea

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by hadenough View Post
              Bend but dont' break....all that does is keep your defense on the field longer and keep your offense on the bench. Awesome idea
              Going 3 and out is what keeps the offense off the field.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by hadenough View Post
                Bend but dont' break....all that does is keep your defense on the field longer and keep your offense on the bench. Awesome idea
                Not only that but it wears your defense out like crazy.
                Mood: WOOF!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                  Not only that but it wears your defense out like crazy.
                  So do 3 and outs by their offense.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                    So do 3 and outs by their offense.
                    This thread isnt about the offense.
                    Mood: WOOF!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                      This thread isnt about the offense.
                      Actually it is. They work together.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                        Actually it is. They work together.
                        Didn't know the offense allowed 378 yards a game, that's pretty incredible. It's also incredible how the offense misses tackles and their overpaid corner gets picked on over and over again lolol some team we have.
                        Mood: WOOF!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                          Didn't know the offense allowed 378 yards a game, that's pretty incredible. It's also incredible how the offense misses tackles and their overpaid corner gets picked on over and over again lolol some team we have.
                          The offense inability to score or sustain drives works against their own defense.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                            The offense inability to score or sustain drives works against their own defense.
                            So with that logic..3 and out= blown coverages and missed tackles on defense.
                            Mood: WOOF!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                              So with that logic..3 and out= blown coverages and missed tackles on defense.
                              No, the defense was not great. However, the most important stat is points and the before the last two games they where 8th in points against. The offense can't score points. How is that so hard to understand? Even if the defense held them to 10 points that wouldn't be enough to win with this offense. Again, 14 points, 7 in garbage time in the last two games. At least the defense did make some stops in those games and had the offense did its job maybe they could have gotten back into the game. Not a chance with this offense. The coach said something about himself.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X