Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuck injured or a quitter ??

Just throwing that out there ?

We know he has hinted on retirement because well he just isnt having much fun ??

I really hope he isnt faking.... I never saw his name on the injury report before this announcement.

I think he is injured, and I think his head is out of the game. Tuck is a classy guy, and I'll always think of him as one of the all-time Giants defensive greats. But I think it is time for him to retire.
    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
      I think he is injured, and I think his head is out of the game. Tuck is a classy guy, and I'll always think of him as one of the all-time Giants defensive greats. But I think it is time for him to retire.
      He is a guy who has given us a great deal. Unfortunately, (for us) his head gets in the way sometimes when he is struggling physically or emotionally. It doesn't make him a bad guy, just a bad bet for us as a starter next year. It is time for us to bid him a fond farewell and reload with healthy bodies, interested in making their mark in this league.
      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

I think he used to be a dominant player and his shoulder is preventing from being who he once was and it as taken an effect on him. He seems to be a really good person. He probably hates that he can't pay at the level he once did.

Comment

Probably a bit of both.

Comment

no way is he a quitter....
            is he done playing at a high level and maybe doesnt have the drive lik ehe used to?/....Maybe.
            But that doesnt make him a quitter.....just makes him done.
            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I believe it's the injuries. Certain players don't like talking about their injuries or making excuses.
              Miss me yet? sigpic

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me

If he retires this off-season.

Comment

Originally posted by sheepdip View Post
                  Just throwing that out there ?

We know he has hinted on retirement because well he just isnt having much fun ??

I really hope he isnt faking.... I never saw his name on the injury report before this announcement.
                  A little of both, but either way he is gone after the Eagle game.

Comment

was never the same after first shoulder injury on a bull...cheap play. Confindence gone too

Comment

His shoulder and neck have never been the same. And he has to fight through that pain to play.

Anybody who deals with chronic pain knows how hard it is to do things through it.

Comment

Tuck may still be able to play i would not give up on him he might benefit from a little less d tackle he gives up a lot of size in there.Further more he has given his heart and sole to the team never a word about money or playing out of position go back to the 07 playoffs when he took marion barber to the wood shed i still believe he has something left if used correctly

Comment

It has been a long time since he was chasing guys like Tomlinson down the field. Where is that Tuck.

Comment

I believe that he is injured, agree with you slip he has never been the same after the injury last year and is having trouble fighting through the pain....In my mind he's a warrior for just strapping it on and going out there!

Comment

Even when he's healthy he's proven to be ineffective

Comment

Working...
                              X