Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't act surprised...We were done weeks ago when

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Don't act surprised...We were done weeks ago when

    We got blown out by the bengals.

    That game marked the beginning of one of the worst end of season collapses of all time. This season reminds me of the Giants blowing that 21 point lead with 4:00 to play against Philly 2 years ago.

    This team couldn't make the playoffs if all it had to do was play the cardinals for the last 4 games of the season.

  • #2
    Did you post that we were done after the bengals loss?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by RUN BRADSHAW View Post
      We got blown out by the bengals.

      That game marked the beginning of one of the worst end of season collapses of all time. This season reminds me of the Giants blowing that 21 point lead with 4:00 to play against Philly 2 years ago.

      This team couldn't make the playoffs if all it had to do was play the cardinals for the last 4 games of the season.
      That Bengals loss was huge.

      But they also blew out the Packers and Saints after that.

      The last 2 weeks are why the Giants are on the outside looking in. They were in the driver's seat until then.
      "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

      "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

      Comment


      • #4
        I was not convinced the Giants were done till they couldn't score against the Falcons. I thought they would put up a fight, but super bowl champions don't deserve to get a repeat chance if they can't score in every game.

        Comment


        • #5
          you know when I saw that first game with Dallas on Wednesday night, I knew this offense would have problems.

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm with Cloud57. hated everything about that opener. nothing looked right. from Nicks to the secondary. to the lack of passion on opening freakin' night as Super Bowl champs. I let it go when we won 6 of the next 7. but I'm coming back to the opener. Teams dread having that as their road opener. their fans figure it's an automatic loss. Except when it's the Giants, at the Met.
            Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
            you know when I saw that first game with Dallas on Wednesday night, I knew this offense would have problems.

            Comment


            • #7
              After Nicks got his ankle/foot stomped on late in the Tampa game, he hasn't been the same player since. And neither has our offense.

              Comment


              • #8
                Still love Eli and the Giants. They brought us two superbowls! So no matter what. . . I'm grateful for those two magical seasons.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
                  After Nicks got his ankle/foot stomped on late in the Tampa game, he hasn't been the same player since. And neither has our offense.
                  Nicks didn't do anything in the previous game against Dallas, he looked good in Tampa bay because he was playing against Aqib talib who is just as bad if not worse than Webster.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                    Nicks didn't do anything in the previous game against Dallas, he looked good in Tampa bay because he was playing against Aqib talib who is just as bad if not worse than Webster.
                    To be fair, everyone had their heads up their collective ***** in that Dallas game. Everyone was just out of sync. But looking at that Tampa game, Nicks was making those ridiculous catches that you come to expect from him. Problem is, since that game, he doesn't have the same speed, isn't willing to put his body on the line.

                    I brought up that Falcons game in another thread. Had Nicks been healthy, he takes it all the way. Instead, Atlanta defender comes from behind and trips him up.
                    For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

                    Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X