Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to Draft a New Kicker?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Time to Draft a New Kicker?

    Tynes is an unrestricted free agent after this year and with the success in drafting kickers recently (legatron on the rams, blair walsh on the vikings, etc) wouldn't it make sense to finally move on from Tynes' inconsistency and weak leg? Plus we cannot afford to overpay for an average kicker at best. We are already paying weatherford a lot. A sixth or seventh round pick could better be served on someone who could reach from 50+ and be our kicker for the next 5-10 years. What are your guys' thoughts?


    Subscribe to me on YouTube: mlerm17
    Follow me on Twitter @mlerm17

  • #2
    this team has a lot of holes that I wouldn't waste a draft pick on a kicker right now.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'd resign Tynes. I'm very comfortable with him as the kicker, especially if we're within 45 yards and the game is on the line. I've seen too many kickers miss critical kicks, and in a kicker, I think clutch-ness is the single most important asset. Shayne Graham, Neil Rackers, Mike Vanderjagt, John Carney, Jay Feeley, Shaun Suisham, David Akers, Kris Brown -- all "great" kickers at some point in their respective careers, but they really screwed some teams in the process.
      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

      Comment


      • #4
        me either Cloud.

        Comment


        • #5
          It would be a waste of pick

          Comment


          • #6
            A new kicker is a luxury we can't really afford right now. Too much other things needing improvement.

            I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

            Comment


            • #7
              TYNES IS MY MAN BUT HE IS TOO INCONSISTENT MAN.

              Comment


              • #8
                I would consider a late round pick, or else an UFA.

                I think it's ludicrous that the Giants don't have a guy that can make a 50+ yarder. I'm not expecting him to be automatic, but for **** sakes, the Giants can't even attempt that sort of range because of how short his leg is.
                "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think Matt Dodge effectively made sure Reese/Coughlin will never draft a kicker again.

                  Which is stupid because they'll waste 2nd rounders on guys like Sintim and Austin.

                  My point isn't that JR is bad at drafting, but that any pick can be a bust, so I don't see how using one on a kicker is a waste.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                    I'd resign Tynes. I'm very comfortable with him as the kicker, especially if we're within 45 yards and the game is on the line. I've seen too many kickers miss critical kicks, and in a kicker, I think clutch-ness is the single most important asset. Shayne Graham, Neil Rackers, Mike Vanderjagt, John Carney, Jay Feeley, Shaun Suisham, David Akers, Kris Brown -- all "great" kickers at some point in their respective careers, but they really screwed some teams in the process.
                    Clutch? It took em 3tries to get the kick in in the NFC championship game of 07..lol He is not good from deep either.. He makes the kicks(for most part) that u expect any NFL kicker to make, and even those u gotta worry alittle bit about, as he'll just hook in some extremely short ones and even ex points on occasion, and as i've said this whole yr while everyone was singing his praises, it was gonna catch up to us sooner or later, and low and behold he misses a easy chippy recently, and lets not forget about the eagles game missing that 50yrder that would of gotten us the win..

                    Hes really not that good, and evey time he kicks, u wonder if hes gonna make it, which is a tell tale sign of a K u can upgrade... Hes missed a Kick in every game since the packer game, outside of BALT game, which he didn't attempt one.. Hes hit one kick longer then 49yrds all season long.. Hes a avg kicker at best...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                      A new kicker is a luxury we can't really afford right now. Too much other things needing improvement.
                      What are u talking about? A good kicker, and we could have 2more wins.. The Eagles game and the game where he missed game winner and the Skins game where he missed makable FG.. U think a k is a luxury? Thats insane.. A good K is a absoulute must and can cost u game after game after game..

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Tynes has missed a FG in 6of his last 11games hes attempted at least 1...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                          What are u talking about? A good kicker, and we could have 2more wins.. The Eagles game and the game where he missed game winner and the Skins game where he missed makable FG.. U think a k is a luxury? Thats insane.. A good K is a absoulute must and can cost u game after game after game..
                          Dude, you can't blame Tynes for the Eagle game. 54 yards. Everybody watching that game, new he had no shot. When kickers hit FG's plus 50yards, it's a bonus, but it can't be treated as automatic.
                          #80

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mlerman17 View Post
                            Tynes is an unrestricted free agent after this year and with the success in drafting kickers recently (legatron on the rams, blair walsh on the vikings, etc) wouldn't it make sense to finally move on from Tynes' inconsistency and weak leg? Plus we cannot afford to overpay for an average kicker at best. We are already paying weatherford a lot. A sixth or seventh round pick could better be served on someone who could reach from 50+ and be our kicker for the next 5-10 years. What are your guys' thoughts?
                            He is neither inconsistent nor does he have a weak leg. Until two weeks ago he was the NFL leading scorer. He missed a few kicks towards the end when everything else was going wrong. Not all of those were on him, at least one was on the snap.

                            He has bee putting the kickoff in the end zone more often than not. Inside the 50 he is very accurate. If the offense players better, he wouldn't have to worry about 50+ to save games.
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              wow....
                              just wow.....
                              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X