Imagine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine

I want to just mention one more thing and then I am done with all this playoff stuff untill after sunday's outcomes. Lets just imagine for one second what would happen if the giants win their game on sunday and then everything falls into place and they "back in" to that final playoff spot and go on to win the superbowl. Could you imagine what the headlines read the next day?

People on here would still be calling for everyone's head lol

Comment

I would eat a bucket of crow for that.....
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

wouldnt be a problem! it would just make them the 1st 9-7 wild card team to win a super bowl.
        sigpic

Comment

As much as I'd love to see that happen, this year is not like last year. This time last year, we were getting players back healthy. This year we have players banged up and tired on both sides of the ball.
          "Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
            wouldnt be a problem! it would just make them the 1st 9-7 wild card team to win a super bowl.
            haha. Last year they were first 9-7 team to win title as a div winner. This would be even better.
            Football has been very, very good to us.
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
            4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE
            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by sportsfan554 View Post
              I want to just mention one more thing and then I am done with all this playoff stuff untill after sunday's outcomes. Lets just imagine for one second what would happen if the giants win their game on sunday and then everything falls into place and they "back in" to that final playoff spot and go on to win the superbowl. Could you imagine what the headlines read the next day?
              Yeah "Pigs sighted flying over the Meadowlands"

Comment

zero momentum this time around. zero.

Comment

The football gods simply won't let it happen, a team playing like this doesn't deserve the playoffs. Even if somehow all of the other games go our way, we will surely lose our game. They want to win, we don't, it's that simple.

Comment

Never know. Stranger things have happened
                    Football has been very, very good to us.
                    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                    4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE
                    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by sportsfan554 View Post
                      The Definition of being overly optimistic

To be optimistic means to always think that the best will happen. Overly optimistic means that you think the best will always happen even when it is impossible for the best to happen.

and/or

If no good can come of something and you can see the end game in advance, an overly optimistic person will play it out anyway hoping that good will just happen by chance.

My personal definition of being overly optimistic is "Hope" Hope is the denial of reality...nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by ELI_Iz_God View Post
                        The Definition of being overly optimistic

To be optimistic means to always think that the best will happen. Overly optimistic means that you think the best will always happen even when it is impossible for the best to happen.

and/or

If no good can come of something and you can see the end game in advance, an overly optimistic person will play it out anyway hoping that good will just happen by chance.

My personal definition of being overly optimistic is "Hope" Hope is the denial of reality...nuff said.
                        Without "HOPE" we should all just curl up into a ball and die. You can go on living without hope, do it. I choose the latter. NUFF SAID!!!
                        "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Comment

I would not be shocked at all if that happen. We'll probably go down as the worst dynasty ever lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
                            I would not be shocked at all if that happen. We'll probably go down as the worst dynasty ever lol.
                            Worst.... Nah, Sporatic.... For sure.
                            "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                              I would eat a bucket of crow for that.....
                              I would eat a truck load of crow! But alas it just ain't happening this year!

Comment

Working...
                              X