Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4-5 pieces and they're back in super bowl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 4-5 pieces and they're back in super bowl

    Think about it, a hungry starting defensive end opposite jpp , a nickel cornerback, Center, right tackle, and the injured guys get back healthy, the giants will again be a force, the coaching has gotten this team To the championship,and can do it again with willing players, yes this season is over.Think of this next game as the last game in old stadium, they will stink it up like that season. (this is my version of a silver lining)
    Last edited by JaxMan; 12-27-2012, 05:14 PM.

  • #2
    How about 4 of those pieces be OL's and the other a DE.

    Comment


    • #3
      we definitely need someone to replace Osi and Tuck and maybe a couple of o-linemen to be a factor.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JaxMan View Post
        Think about it, a hungry starting defensive end opposite jpp , a nickel cornerback, Center, right tackle, and the injured guys get back healthy, the giants will again be a force, the coaching has gotten this team To the championship,and can do it again with willing players, yes this season is over.Think of this next game as the last game in old stadium, they will stink it up like that season. (this is my version of a silver lining)
        Put down the bong.....a team that gets slaughtered the way the Giants have recently and lsoing 5 of their last 7, needs a lot more than 4 or 5 "pieces".

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
          we definitely need someone to replace Osi and Tuck and maybe a couple of o-linemen to be a factor.
          Yes, most teams turn over at least 25% of the squad from year to year. We may have to puch it to 30% but as long as we replace Tuck and Osi and 2 OL plus adding depth there we will be fine...............It wouldn't hurt to find a stud linebacker while we are at it.
          No one remembers who came in second.

          Comment


          • #6
            We could probably use new Coordinators too.

            Comment


            • #7
              they have a nickel corner, they need another outside corner to replace Webster. Center I think they are ok at, and hopefully Locklear will be back at RT.

              Bigger issue is they need to resign so many other guys.

              Comment


              • #8
                coordinators and LBers too

                Comment


                • #9
                  Let's see...

                  Another pass rusher opposite of JPP, maybe even two
                  More depth at the DT position since we had issues there in the beginning of the year. Austin isn't looking like he will pan out.
                  Another outside corner to pair with Prince. Hosley should stick to the slot
                  A MLB with better speed and agility to get to the sidelines fast and one who can shed blocks better
                  Young depth all across the Oline. We'll be screwed if we can't resign Beatty since he's the only decent guy on the line.
                  Depending on health, maybe even another RB? Can't really say Andre Brown is reliable in that regard and Bradshaw is always dinged up.
                  A new franchise QB...just kidding.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    1) A true shutdown #1 corner opposite Prine
                    2) A guard that can maul, and be groomed for center duties in the future
                    3) Pass rusher opposite JPP
                    4) Overhaul at LB, need a stud MLB

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                      they have a nickel corner, they need another outside corner to replace Webster. Center I think they are ok at, and hopefully Locklear will be back at RT.

                      Bigger issue is they need to resign so many other guys.
                      Hosely I'm hoping develops into a 2nd although he is physically lacking, I'm not a fan of baas he's barely average if you make an argument for him, signing Philips is key, my suggestions were more towards draft,rather than big time free agent signing, given the cap space shortage.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                        Let's see...

                        Another pass rusher opposite of JPP, maybe even two
                        More depth at the DT position since we had issues there in the beginning of the year. Austin isn't looking like he will pan out.
                        Another outside corner to pair with Prince. Hosley should stick to the slot
                        A MLB with better speed and agility to get to the sidelines fast and one who can shed blocks better
                        Young depth all across the Oline. We'll be screwed if we can't resign Beatty since he's the only decent guy on the line.
                        Depending on health, maybe even another RB? Can't really say Andre Brown is reliable in that regard and Bradshaw is always dinged up.
                        A new franchise QB...just kidding.
                        besides MLB all that I asked for, Reese is good t finding depth so that to worried about,nstarters were what I aimed to brng up, that require changing, but I hear you.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Tuck needs to sail away into the sunset, Osi should be gone, put Tracy and Ojomo in there, Phillips should be a bargain, if he won't sign for the minimum don't bother, Hosley and Jaquan Williams should get a more active role, get rid of Webster, get rid of Bradshaw, andre brown/Wilson platton, get rid of Deihl, draft an o'linemen and a MLB, blackburn is not an every down player, neither is Herzlich or Rivers

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mosesmalone View Post
                            Tuck needs to sail away into the sunset, Osi should be gone, put Tracy and Ojomo in there, Phillips should be a bargain, if he won't sign for the minimum don't bother, Hosley and Jaquan Williams should get a more active role, get rid of Webster, get rid of Bradshaw, andre brown/Wilson platton, get rid of Deihl, draft an o'linemen and a MLB, blackburn is not an every down player, neither is Herzlich or Rivers
                            Philips a bargain? Dude the guy is a coverage designers dream heady speedy guy, Bradshaw will be phased out but e's still got something left to offer I think, webby needs a paycut, diehl as well if he's above 2mill, rivers is a serviceable backup, MLB is a need , but not a necessity in my eyes.Agree on tuck, hate to see osi go but yeah he's gone.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              How bout going after Steven Jackson or the Jags RB? We haven't had a reliable yr in, yr out 1000+yd rusher since Tiki retired in 06!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X