Just saying....Something's going on

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saying....Something's going on

Defending SB champs....destroying NFL's elites....losing horrendously to others...you just don't plummet like that in less than a year....

Trying to shake it off, trying to pick my battles...but just saying....SOMETHING'S GOING ON!

What are you insinuating, Laurah?

Comment

Originally posted by Laurah1275 View Post
      Defending SB champs....destroying NFL's elites....losing horrendously to others...you just don't plummet like that in less than a year....

Trying to shake it off, trying to pick my battles...but just saying....SOMETHING'S GOING ON!
      I agree. The team is playing poorly, that's what is going on.

It ain't like this team was a dominating dynasty.

Comment

The team is too old and banged up at key positions. This time last year we were getting healthy.
        "Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

Comment

I can think of 3 things that could result in this type of crazy performance:

1. Injuries large and small which take us out of rhythm at key moments
          2. A few bad seeds in the locker room that aren't swatted down by the veterans. In the case of our team this might be a younger player who gets spanked on the field and doesn't have championship fight in their heart, so they roll over.
          3. Coaches who fail to make adjustments to what other teams are doing to exploit our weaknesses.

After that, I am at a loss Laurah1275
          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
            I can think of 3 things that could result in this type of crazy performance:

1. Injuries large and small which take us out of rhythm at key moments
            2. A few bad seeds in the locker room that aren't swatted down by the veterans. In the case of our team this might be a younger player who gets spanked on the field and doesn't have championship fight in their heart, so they roll over.
            3. Coaches who fail to make adjustments to what other teams are doing to exploit our weaknesses.

After that, I am at a loss Laurah1275
            Don't forget one key thing the Giants failed to do this offseason, they let Manningham signed a two-year, $7.5 million deal with San Francisco. Im sorry for the haters but Manningham, love him or hate him, made a huge difference for Eli. He was the perfect steve smith replacement.

Comment

Yeah, it's called a major choke-job.

Comment

Laurah, you keep going in the chat rooms... that's what is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by flashnando View Post
                  Don't forget one key thing the Giants failed to do this offseason, they let Manningham signed a two-year, $7.5 million deal with San Francisco. Im sorry for the haters but Manningham, love him or hate him, made a huge difference for Eli. He was the perfect steve smith replacement.
                  I don't think that they could have kept him for even that much. I liked MM alot, but I think their problem was using Hixon as their # 3 this year instead of Barden or RR. Or even JJ. Hixon is a #4 at best. As a # 3 MM could have some really significant games while Nicks and Cruz were double-covered or injured. Hixon doesn't have that ability.

Comment

I agree....SOMETHING'S GOING ON!

I think aliens have replaced Eli, Tuck, JPP, Osi , Nicks and our entire secondary with their own kind, who natrually suck at football, as their planet has no concept of balls (round or oblong).

Kind of like an X-files thing. You may be skeptical, but it's as good a theory as any I have seen on these boards or in the media. Thats my theory and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Hey Dandy, maybe they're doing another 'space jam' type of movie and aliens gathered the powers and skills of eli, tuck, jpp, osi and nicks lol..

Comment

A possibility I've been personally considering is that this year (and many others) is that we are seeing the real Giants for what they are. An above average QB and WR corps with a "decent" Oline and RB group while the defense has it's elite game every once in awhile but shows it's true colors with mediocre performances more than 75% of the time. Is it possible that the Giants just overachieved in 07 and 11 with great performances by decent players while the real truth is that this team is barely a playoff contender most seasons? It doesn't diminish the Superbowl runs we've been on but I'd say a top tier team wouldn't struggle to reach the postseason like we do every year. There is a reason after all that the Giants make a great underdog story.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                          A possibility I've been personally considering is that this year (and many others) is that we are seeing the real Giants for what they are. An above average QB and WR corps with a "decent" Oline and RB group while the defense has it's elite game every once in awhile but shows it's true colors with mediocre performances more than 75% of the time. Is it possible that the Giants just overachieved in 07 and 11 with great performances by decent players while the real truth is that this team is barely a playoff contender most seasons? It doesn't diminish the Superbowl runs we've been on but I'd say a top tier team wouldn't struggle to reach the postseason like we do every year. There is a reason after all that the Giants make a great underdog story.
                          Interesting idea. I have faith that the 2007 Giants were legit. The 2011 I have sometimes wondered if it wasn't a product of the crap that was going on before the season. Either way the Giants won the Super Bowl, but I understand what you are saying...kind of like the Heats winning the NBA title. This year it seems the league has balanced out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
                            Interesting idea. I have faith that the 2007 Giants were legit. The 2011 I have sometimes wondered if it wasn't a product of the crap that was going on before the season. Either way the Giants won the Super Bowl, but I understand what you are saying...kind of like the Heats winning the NBA title. This year it seems the league has balanced out.
                            Or the LA Kings winning the Stanley Cup last year. Other than 08, the expectations for this team have never really been high. We get some predictions to win it all in the middle of the season (when we are at our peak) but that's quickly pulled away once we have a blunder like the Bengals game or how the Saints spanked us in 11. The general public and "experts" usually don't stay on our bandwagon for long before returning to the likes of the Patriots or Packers.

Comment

Laurah are you a new fan? This team has been schizophrenic during Coughlin's entire time here.

2005 season -- home playoff loss to Panthers 23-0
                              2008 season -- 1-4 after Plax shooting, lose at home in 1st round of playoffs to Eagles 23-11
                              2009 season -- with playoffs on the line lose the last ever game at Giants Stadium to Panthers 41-9 (and with every historic Giant imaginable on the sidelines)
                              2010 season -- up by 24 against Eagles with 7:30 left lose the game and lose the following week's game agains the Packers with playoffs still up for grabs 45-17
                              8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Working...
                              X