Proof that Perry Fewell's contract ends this year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof that Perry Fewell's contract ends this year

Here is the link. It is an article from last year saying that he was given a one year extension. Unless he got another extension, his contract will be ending once the season is over. Of course, they can extend him again.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/01/giants_defensive_coordinator_p_9.html

Thank you giggles for providing the link I was going to provide. I wish mods didn't close threads right away.

Comment

Yes, hopefully my thread will be re-opened.

Comment

OK so when is Gilbrilliant's contract up!
        "There is winning and there is Misery"

Comment

Loyalty can be a great thing. It can also be a nightmare. I hope we wake up from this before next season. It won't happen though, not with Gilbride at least. Watch us make the playoffs now and maybe win a game or 2. Then we will never seen any change in the offense.
          # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

Coughlin has worked with Gilbride and Fewell since his Jags days. They WONT be fired or let go unless they ask.
            Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

I would love it if we could get Norv Turner some how. I bet Eli could really flourish

Comment

monte kiffin? worth a sniff? to old?

Comment

Coughlin is very loyal to his coaches and seems like he won't fire any of them unless the owners put the gun to his head and threaten his own job...

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
                    Coughlin is very loyal to his coaches and seems like he won't fire any of them unless the owners put the gun to his head and threaten his own job...
                    he won't have to fire. he just won't re-hire.

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
                      It is a huge shame because that loyalty has hindered our QB reaching his full potential. We are in desperate need of a good offensive coordinator and a good QB coach. I highly doubt it is a coincidence that Eli Manning had his best year when Peyton was out and they got to talk at length on the phone 2-3 times a week during the football season last year.

Comment

Fewell's not bad. The D played very well when healthy (and motivated) at the end of last season. This team always has a lot of injuries, and particularly in the secondary.

I think we need some new blood on the personnel side, and unless there is a proven DC out there, I'm comfortable with Fewell for another year.

Unless Spags is available, then I'll take Spags.

Comment

Only knock i have on PF now is for continuing to play Tuck and Osi after they pretty much straight up demonstrated that they were only in it for the money now, not to win. Unless Tracy and Ojomo were really that bad...

Other than that, our defensive unit has suffered so many injuries. Our strength and conditioning coaches have just as much (if not more) to do with our defensive woes as PF.

On the other hand, our offense has been abysmal and other than Brown's freak injury, Locklear, and a gimpy Nicks, there hasn't been much injury on offense. Playcalling is a much bigger factor on offense (remember 3 shotgun draws in a row?) Yeah, Killdrive needs to be GONE yesterday...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

With our offensive players, I would rather see GIlbride go then Fewell. PErry is not the best coordinator but the defence quit on him.

Comment

With our offensive players, I would rather see GIlbride go then Fewell. PErry is not the best coordinator but the defense quit on him.

Comment

Working...
                              X