Mike Wallace.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Wallace.

Do we have any shot at signing him? I'm going to say no knowing our cap issues. What do you think?
    Mood: WOOF!

Doubtful. Not really a fan of his to begin with, he has terrible hands. I'd much rather trade a mid round pick for Jeremy Maclin. Overall though, not sold that we even need a WR.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Why would we spend huge salary cap dollars on an inconsistent prima donna WR when that is a strong position on this team (when Nicks is healthy) and RT, DE, and LB are weak and need a serious upgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
        Do we have any shot at signing him? I'm going to say no knowing our cap issues. What do you think?
        Im not a FA wiz, but would Greg Jennings or Bowe come at any kind of discount?
        Jennings been out this year & Packers havent skipped a beat without him, idk if theyll go out of their way to bring him back....
        Bowe, could be a legit WR on a real team & dont see anyone willing to risk big $$$ to find out...

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
          why bring it up if you already shot the idea down?

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
            Why would we spend huge salary cap dollars on an inconsistent WR when that is a strong position on this team (when Nicks is healthy) and RT, DE, and LB are weak and need a serious upgrade?
            Because when Wallace is on his game he can flip a game right on its heals in one play.

Provided Eli's noodle arm can get him the ball, of course.
            Last edited by gmen0820; 12-28-2012, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by myles2424 View Post
              Im not a FA wiz, but would Greg Jennings or Bowe come at any kind of discount?
              Jennings been out this year & Packers havent skipped a beat without him, idk if theyll go out of their way to bring him back....
              Bowe, could be a legit WR on a real team & dont see anyone willing to risk big $$$ to find out...
              Nah, those two will still be priced highly. Bowe, especially.

Comment

I don't think we are, nor should we, be in the market for a WR. Nicks will be healthy next year (besides the 2-3 games he is sure to miss), and Randle is promising. Cruz is a stud, and Jernigan continues to develop.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                  Doubtful. Not really a fan of his to begin with, he has terrible hands. I'd much rather trade a mid round pick for Jeremy Maclin. Overall though, not sold that we even need a WR.
                  You really think the Eagles would send their best WR to us? Not to mention for a kid round pick? I say there's a better chance of the Browns making the playoffs this year.... Which is 0%

Comment

I would love to have him on this team but there are other issues to address that are a more compelling need.

Comment

I don't think we are, nor should we, be in the market for a WR. Nicks will be healthy next year (besides the 2-3 games he is sure to miss), and Randle is promising. Cruz is a stud, and Jernigan continues to develop.
                      Him missing games due to injury isn't what's worrisome: it's him playing with an injury that's downright scary.
                      For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

Comment

Jernigan continues to develop.
                        If WR's don't emerge by their third year, the majority of the time they never emerge. Don't hold your breath on Jernigan.

Comment

Because when Wallace is on his game he can flip a game right on its heals in one play.

Provided Eli's noodle arm can get him the ball, of course.
                          So can our WR's when they are all healthy at the same time. Wallace is not known for his durability, so why shell out huge $$$? Makes absolutely no sense for this team.

Comment

Originally posted by Jppallday View Post
                            You really think the Eagles would send their best WR to us? Not to mention for a kid round pick? I say there's a better chance of the Browns making the playoffs this year.... Which is 0%
                            Because it's the Eagles, it's a longshot, but when young players with one year on their deal become available by their teams, you don't trade much to get them.

Anquan Boldin went for 3rd round pick in his prime. Was he better than a 3rd round player, chances are, yes. But the Ravens also had to redo his deal which was an issue, and the main catalyst for why the Cards traded him in the first place.

Comment

Because it's the Eagles, it's a longshot, but when young players with one year on their deal become available by their teams, you don't trade much to get them.

Anquan Boldin went for 3rd round pick in his prime. Was he better than a 3rd round player, chances are, yes. But the Ravens also had to redo his deal which was an issue, and the main catalyst for why the Cards traded him in the first place.
                              I'm not doubting that he may be traded for a mid round pick I'm just seriously doubting he gets traded to the Giants

Comment

Working...
                              X