Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We need to build our defense to stop Rg3 or we are not winning the division for while

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • We need to build our defense to stop Rg3 or we are not winning the division for while

    It's obvious the Redsins and Rg3 are taking the nfl by storm and are looking dynamite.That means we gota build the d in a way to stop him and the redskins head to head.Solution: we need to focus on getting faster all around on defense and perhaps going to 3 - 4 to have more lbs on the field.I think Redskins are a serious threat to take over the nfc east.

  • #2
    I don't believe pass rush is gona work vs him because he's a duel threat qb,we need to focus on getting lots of quality fast lbs that can tackle.

    Comment


    • #3
      What we need to do is clone JPP. Damn near every time RG3 took off (same with Vick earlier in the year), it was away from JPP. Usually it was Osi on the line. If we get a dominant DE run stopper to start opposite JPP against these mobile QBs, we can stop them before they even get to the second level...

      I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

      Comment


      • #4
        Complete nonsense.

        The Redskins are a formerly crappy team that made a smart hire in Mike Shanahan. Shanahan's program is starting to get traction and the Redskins appear to be decent this year and will likely continue to improve with him at the helm as long as Snyder stays smart which really means that Snyder doesn't meddle in what Shanahan is building. Certainly there is no guarantee about that because Snyder is an imbecile.

        If all of that happens, the Redskins will become a good team and then perhaps a top tier team for many years thereafter. But they aren't even to the very good stage yet. Moreover, the QB is part of the system, not the other way around. You don't build your team to try to stop one guy, that guy doesn't win any games by himself. Have any teams changed their entire defenses to stop Adrian Peterson or Calvin Johnson? Both are bigger impact players than Griffin yet no teams have overhauled their defenses to defend either of them. You know why? Because changing your team to defend one good player - especially a rookie is stupid.

        You build your team to compete at a high level for many years and to win games, not to defend a good player on another team.

        Your thought about our defense needing some new direction has some merit, we have undervalued the LB position for too many years now.

        Comment


        • #5
          I always believed lbs are the key to being a great defense.They anchor the defense and everyone feeds off them.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by experto View Post
            I always believed lbs are the key to being a great defense.They anchor the defense and everyone feeds off them.
            Yeah, and we haven't had good LBs in many, many years. The D-line used to be able to cover that weakness, those days are gone.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
              What we need to do is clone JPP. Damn near every time RG3 took off (same with Vick earlier in the year), it was away from JPP. Usually it was Osi on the line. If we get a dominant DE run stopper to start opposite JPP against these mobile QBs, we can stop them before they even get to the second level...
              JPP is a little slow.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                JPP is a little slow.
                He can do back flips faster than Tuck can run.
                Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                  JPP is a little slow.
                  He's also our most dominant run defender this year. That's why you have a couple people getting crazy ideas of him as a linebacker...

                  I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It's not only we SHOULD build a defense to defend RG3 but for pretty much all the other teams. The future QB of the NFL will have to be mobile and accurate. Times are changing and it's time to start adjusting.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                      What we need to do is clone JPP. Damn near every time RG3 took off (same with Vick earlier in the year), it was away from JPP. Usually it was Osi on the line. If we get a dominant DE run stopper to start opposite JPP against these mobile QBs, we can stop them before they even get to the second level...
                      JPP is a dominant DE run stopper. In fact PFF rates him as the best run defending DE in the entire league this year! What we need is another athletic pass rusher opposite JPP. I was thinking we could go after Michael Johnson of the Bengals who is about to have double digit sacks this year, or draft a guy like Dion Jordan out of Oregon. The 245lb Jordan needs to add another 20lbs to his frame, but at 6'7 that should be no problem. He is a freak athlete with rare speed for a player of his length and size.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                        Complete nonsense.

                        The Redskins are a formerly crappy team that made a smart hire in Mike Shanahan. Shanahan's program is starting to get traction and the Redskins appear to be decent this year and will likely continue to improve with him at the helm as long as Snyder stays smart which really means that Snyder doesn't meddle in what Shanahan is building. Certainly there is no guarantee about that because Snyder is an imbecile.

                        If all of that happens, the Redskins will become a good team and then perhaps a top tier team for many years thereafter. But they aren't even to the very good stage yet. Moreover, the QB is part of the system, not the other way around. You don't build your team to try to stop one guy, that guy doesn't win any games by himself. Have any teams changed their entire defenses to stop Adrian Peterson or Calvin Johnson? Both are bigger impact players than Griffin yet no teams have overhauled their defenses to defend either of them. You know why? Because changing your team to defend one good player - especially a rookie is stupid.

                        You build your team to compete at a high level for many years and to win games, not to defend a good player on another team.

                        Your thought about our defense needing some new direction has some merit, we have undervalued the LB position for too many years now.
                        It's really not nonsense.. You can't compare a WR to a QB. Obviously teams don't build a defense to stop 1 WR. But I with out a doubt those teams in the NFC north are thinking about Calvin Johnson when putting together their secondary.

                        The Giants and the rest of the NFC east will def be thinking about the fact that they will be playing RG3 twice a year for the next decade
                        when they go to draft next year. Just like the Cowboys were thinking of our WR's when the overhauled their secondary this past off season.

                        I'm not saying you build a defense around trying to stop a specific player but he will def be a factor when they make a few personnel decisions.
                        #80

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Lets not jump the gun on RG3 and the Redskins. Yes we need to revamp the D some but that's just because of Dead would and aging players. As far as griffin and the Skins, lets see how he does in 2013. Tennessee looked unstoppable with Vince Young when he came out of Texas fresh off his TD run that won him an MVP and National Title after the throwing for 240 and running for 200. Had an unreal season for titans setting tons of records. Then in 2nd season NFL teams started to figure him out. He from then on started a sharp decline and today is out of the NFL or at least will never be a starter again.


                          Then you have Cam Newtons MVP and National Title and Heisman Trophy winner tearing up Stats and breaking Records for Carolina. Then in his 2nd season AGAIN the NFL defense showed college stuff won't work long term in the NFL. He looks average at best now.


                          I realize RG prob is the best all around player for arm and legs but I feel again it won't last. Either he gets figured out or he gets hurt which every comes first..
                          Football has been very, very good to us.
                          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                          # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                          1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                          4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE
                          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                          ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Also not saying this will happen with RG.. (To much talent) but look at least of Heisman winners over say past 15/20 years. Guys with Lots of potential coming out that most turned out to be Busts..







                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...Trophy_winners
                            Football has been very, very good to us.
                            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                            # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                            1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                            4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE
                            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                            ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by experto View Post
                              I don't believe pass rush is gona work vs him because he's a duel threat qb,we need to focus on getting lots of quality fast lbs that can tackle.
                              No u still win in the NFL with athletic and big defensive fronts I dont care what the new offensive fad is

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X