• J. TUCK SALARY

Can anyone explain what the misc bonus is on his contract.Thanks

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/justin-tuck/

2012-13 Incentives: $3 million
    2010 Roster Bonus: $5 million
    Workout Bonus: $1 million
    2012-13 Escalator: $500,000
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

i just threw up a little in my mouth altho we arent on the hook for that much

Comment

His contract extension included incentives, so I assume that's what the misc. bonus is. It's only a meagre amount which would tie in with his output.
      Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
      i just threw up a little in my mouth altho we arent on the hook for that much
      Tuck's contract is fine... he's cuttable. Check Baas' if you wanna hurl.
      Last edited by Flip Empty; 12-30-2012, 10:45 AM.

Comment

A miscellaneous bonus is just that...Any bonus that is agreed to but doesn't fall under other bonus definitions like incentive bonus, roster bonus, etc... So there is no way to know exactly what the bonus may be for. It could be for simply showing up for some offseason workouts, maintaining a certain weight or something like that.

I assume the 2009 one caught your attention, over 5mil... I'd assume this is the Giants cooking the books a bit or "being creative" with cap room. But since there's no other bonus listed on that site, other than signing bonus, I have to assume the misc in this case covers "all" non-signing bonus money together.
        Last edited by M00KIE; 12-30-2012, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Tuck's contract is rather innocuous when you consider the player he was when he signed it, and where the current market is for DEs.

Comment

Originally posted by M00KIE View Post
            A miscellaneous bonus is just that...Any bonus that is agreed to but doesn't fall under other bonus definitions like incentive bonus, roster bonus, etc... So there is no way to know exactly what the bonus may be for. It could be for simply showing up for some offseason workouts, maintaining a certain weight or something like that.

I assume the 2009 one caught your attention, over 5mil... I'd assume this is the Giants cooking the books a bit or "being creative" with cap room. But since there's no other bonus listed on that site, other than signing bonus, I have to assume the misc in this case covers "all" non-signing bonus money together.
            Thanks guys.
            Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Comment

Working...
            X