Answer this question.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Answer this question.

Hypothetical situation here, but humor me.

Green Bay beats Minnesota.
    Detroit beats Chicago.
    Washington beats Dallas.

You have two options:

option #1 Giants win ugly vs the Eagles 17-16. Back into the playoffs. However, this guarantees that the entire coaching staff returns next year and there is minimal roster turnover (which would probably be the case if the Giants somehow get in).

option #2 Giants lose ugly vs the Eagles 23-13. Out of the playoffs in the most agonizing way. However, this guarantees at least one of the coordinators doesn't return (probably Fewell), and there is extensive roster turnover.

Which would you choose?
    Last edited by Riverboat76; 12-30-2012, 10:06 AM.

In the immortal words of Charles Portis: " I don't entertain hypotheticals. The world as it is is vexing enough."

Comment

Let them get in. Not a soul on this planet thought they'd win another SB last season, so I'll take that chance if given the option.
      The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
        Let them get in. Not a soul on this planet thought they'd win another SB last season, so I'll take that chance if given the option.
        Definately one way of looking at it, can't win it if you're not in it. I believe they were playing much better at the end of last season than this season (not a stretch to say). I felt pretty confident last year. This year would be shocking. I don't think they will beat Philly today, which should show you where I'm at with this team.

Comment

winning is ALWAYS better then losing....
          and backing into the playoffs doesnt garauntee ****......
          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
            winning is ALWAYS better then losing....
            and backing into the playoffs doesnt garauntee ****......
            I don't think that's true at all. Sometimes losing is necessary because it brings change. It hurts more in the short-term but may be better in the long-term.

Comment

Take the win and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by bELIeve_in_Giants View Post
                Take the win and see what happens.
                I think I'm in this boat too. If the 3 early games fall into place then I will be one of the biggest Redskin fans on the planet come Sunday night.

I don't think there is a wrong answer to this question though. I don't think you are any less of a Giant fan if you welcome change.

Comment

How is losing to the Eagles going to guarantee with absolutely no doubt that one of the coordinators is going to leave? I understand a lot of us want what is best for the team. The roster turnover is a lot more probable just because of the salary cap alone besides the team looking for improvement at certain positions.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
                    How is losing to the Eagles going to guarantee with absolutely no doubt that one of the coordinators is going to leave? I understand a lot of us want what is best for the team. The roster turnover is a lot more probable just because of the salary cap alone besides the team looking for improvement at certain positions.
                    It's a hypothetical scenario.

Comment

If there are coaching changes, whether it be HC/OC/DC, it will happen regardless unless we were to push far into the playoffs. If we get in and are one and done, it won't change anyones mind. These owners aren't flighty and make tough decisions based on the big picture.

Comment

Originally posted by M00KIE View Post
                        If there are coaching changes, whether it be HC/OC/DC, it will happen regardless unless we were to push far into the playoffs. If we get in and are one and done, it won't change anyones mind. These owners aren't flighty and make tough decisions based on the big picture.
                        I don't think that's true. If the Giants lose to the Eagles and don't make the playoffs because of that loss (thus completing this epic collapse), then there is A LOT more motivation and pressure to make changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Riverboat76 View Post
                          I don't think that's true at all. Sometimes losing is necessary because it brings change. It hurts more in the short-term but may be better in the long-term.
                          I hear what your intent is but I still hold to that priciple. Winnning is better. Because win or lose the Gianst problem are still clearly evident...and change must happen either way
                          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by Riverboat76 View Post
                            I don't think that's true. If the Giants lose to the Eagles and don't make the playoffs because of that loss (thus completing this epic collapse), then there is A LOT more motivation and pressure to make changes.
                            Why would you (or the owners) think we missed the playoffs because of a loss to the Eagles? They dug their hole long before todays game, it's no secret.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                              I hear what your intent is but I still hold to that priciple. Winnning is better. Because win or lose the Gianst problem are still clearly evident...and change must happen either way
                              I would bet you a dollar or two that if the Giants win this game and make the playoffs everybody keeps their jobs.

I would also bet that if the Giants lose to the Eagles in the same embarrasing fasion that they have lost the last two games, people will lose their jobs.

I think this is an important game for the coaching staff. I think everybody except Coughlin is vulnverable if the Giants lose this game.
                              Last edited by Riverboat76; 12-30-2012, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X