Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Face It...This Team Has Too Many Guys Satisfied With Their Two SB's In 5 Years!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Face It...This Team Has Too Many Guys Satisfied With Their Two SB's In 5 Years!

They can talk about being just as hungry for another Lombardi trophy and how they have 2 rings but 10 fingers to fill...... and blah, blah, blah, but what we saw this season.....too many times, were guys who just flat out didn't give a damn if they made the playoffs or not and half *****ed it through a majority of the season!
    They can be proud of themselves for going out "on a winning note", because I'm embarrassed enough for both of us!
    Any Giant who dares utter the word PRIDE in conjunction with this team of quitters this season, should be cut on the spot!!!!!
    They needed one win to take the division title.........they got blown out
    They needed one victory to guarantee a WC berth......they got blown out
    They beat the Eagles today...big f'ing deal
    There is nothing to be proud about when you accomplish too little too late in a fight against a corpse!!!!!!
    "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Question, would you take two SB's in the next five years if I told you we miss the playoffs three times, HELL YEA!

Comment

Not many guys have 2 rings.

Osi and Diehl are on their way out.

Kiwi was on IR for the first one, so was Hixon. Actually Hixon was on IR for both of them, wasn't he?

That leaves Tuck, Eli, Bradshaw, and Webby.
      Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 12-30-2012, 08:12 PM.
      8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
        but what we saw this season.....too many times, were guys who just flat out didn't give a damn if they made the playoffs or not and half *****ed it through a majority of the season!
        Here's the thing, we see that EVERY SEASON, and worse, we often get it in the big spots, with playoffs on the line or IN the playoffs.

Start with 2005's home playoff loss to the Panthers, 23-0. Another standout is the 2009 loss (also to the Panthers) in the final game ever at Giants Stadium, with playoffs on the line, 41-9. There's about 10 more games like that, ending with the prior two weeks of this season against Atlanta and Baltimore. But it sure as hell is NOT NEW.

So it is not simply being satisfied with two rings, guess again. It happened before anybody had any rings.
        8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

I'm a fan that feels satisfied too. 2 Super Bowl wins in 5 years....that f'n awesome! I'm proud to be a Giants fan, we'll be right back in the mix next season!
          sigpic"Remain in what you are, the center of your life
          You made it to this point no one can tell you how..." Gojira-Vacuity

Comment

We need new blood then! Guys who are hungry in getting their first ring!

Comment

Everyone's talking like we haven't won the Super Bowl in years!!!!! Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Down-lifer View Post
                I'm a fan that feels satisfied too.
                this bothers me

Comment

I feel satisfied too... I just had a snickers.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                    this bothers me
                    why? Winning 2 Super Bowls in the last 5 years leaves me feeling satisfied. Do I wish we made he playoffs this year....yes! We will remain contenders for a while.

Comment

lol Toad.

I have a serious problem with satisfied logic. this is exactly why i wrote that coughlin pads stats thread. it does have its way of pacifying fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Down-lifer View Post
                        why? Winning 2 Super Bowls in the last 5 years leaves me feeling satisfied. Do I wish we made he playoffs this year....yes! We will remain contenders for a while.
                        And the sad thing is everyone still looks at Eli like he's the derpy guy on the playground... Does he have to outpace Joe freaking Montana before people take him seriously?

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

I dont know if im shocked or angry that fans seem so cool with things because we ran up the score on a team that didnt really try for a meaningless game for them . Im down right disturbed that so many of you are still on a SB high. and i feel some players felt the same with comments like "you can't win the SB every year"

Comment

i hate the up and down nature of this team.

the point is i'm willing to role the dice with the current coaching staff and FO leadership because when they get it right, jesus do they ever look great.

i still think the issue is there isn't a traditinoal fire and brimstone leader who can get in the faces of players and get them in line and listening.

we had that in stray, antonino pierce, we don't have that anymore, and we miss it.

i wouldn't trade eli for the world, but he's not gonna chew someone out in practice, tuck ain't gonna do it either.

i'd love to find a ray lewis type who could finish off his career here.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                              I dont know if im shocked or angry that fans seem so cool with things because we ran up the score on a team that didnt really try for a meaningless game for them . Im down right disturbed that so many of you are still on a SB high. and i feel some players felt the same with comments like "you can't win the SB every year"
                              its the NFL!!! You know how hard it is to win and stay "consistent?" Why would you be angry at a fan who is happy with winning 2 Super Bowls in the last 5 years? Would I love for the Giants to win the Super Bowl every year?! Yes!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X