Rate our guys with letter grades this year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate our guys with letter grades this year

Do whichever players you'd like. Ill do a few as well.
    Eli: B
    Bradshaw: B
    Nicks: B
    Cruz: A-
    Bennett:B
    Beatty: B+
    Diehl: D
    Osi: D
    Tuck: C-
    JPP: A
    Joseph: B
    Blackburn: B-
    Boley: B-
    Kiwi: C-
    Prince: A
    CWeb: D+
    Stevie: B+
    Rolle: B
    Last edited by rtr1105; 12-31-2012, 04:47 PM.

Eli: B
    Bradshaw: B+
    Nicks: C
    Bennett: B
    Beatty: B-
    Diehl: C+
    Osi: C
    Tuck: C
    JPP: C+
    Joeseph: B
    Boley: B
    Kiwi: B
    Prince: C+
    Webster: D
    Stevie B: A
    Rolle: B

Comment

I honestly don't think anyone deserves an A. And that's not me being pessimistic.

Some of the guys you have A's for:

Cruz - Big time playmaker, one of my favorites, but had more drops that I'd like. Can't give him an A for that.
      JPP - Caused a lot of havoc, but did he play up to the level of last year? Only 6 sacks? There's room for a lot of improvement.
      Stevie Brown - Turnover machine, but let's not act like he wasn't guilty on a lot of the big plays that plagued the secondary.

Prince may be the only guy who I've seen get an A that deserves it. He definitely exceeded my expectations and looked pretty damn good for his first full year.

Comment

Eli Manning: B
        David Carr: C

Ahmad Bradshaw: C+
        Andre Brown: A
        David Wilson: B+
        Da'Rel Scott: D
        Kregg Lumpkin: C
        Ryan Torain: C-

Henry Hynoski: B+

Hakeem Nicks: B
        Victor Cruz: B+
        Domenik Hixon: B-
        Rueben Randle: B-
        Jerrel Jernigan: C
        Ramses Barden: F----------------

Martellus Bennett: B+
        Bear Pascoe: C-
        Travis Beckum: D

Will Beatty: B
        Kevin Boothe: C-
        David Baas: D-
        Chris Snee: C+
        Sean Locklear: B+
        Jim Cordle: C
        David Diehl: F-------------------

Chris Canty: B
        Linval Joseph: C+
        Rocky Bernard: C-
        Markus Kuhn: B+
        Marvin Austin: D-

Jason Pierre-Paul: A
        Justin Tuck: D-
        Osi Umenyiora: D-
        Adrian Tracy: C

Chase Blackburn: B-
        Mark Herzlich: D

Michael Boley: C
        Mathias Kiwanuka: B
        Spencer Paysinger: C
        Keith Rivers: C+
        Jacquian Williams: B-

Corey Webster: F-------------
        Prince Amukamara: B+
        Jayron Hosley: C-
        Michael Coe: C
        Justin Tryon: C (F as a CB, A as a special teamer, C average)

Kenny Phillips: B-
        Antrel Rolle: B+
        Stevie Brown: A
        Will Hill: B-
        Tyler Sash: C-:

Zak DeOssie: B
        Lawrence Tynes: B-
        Steve Weatherford: A
        Last edited by Toadofsteel; 12-31-2012, 02:28 AM.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Manning: B- Great first half but terrible off games in second half. I am concerned about the step back but it was the whole offense that took it. No Hakeem really hurt him. Eli is a QB who absolutely needs a big receiver to make everything else go. When is on is great, when he isn't he is mediocre. Last year played possessed and had more fire. I didn't see it this year.
          Carr: INC - Let's develop a guy behind Eli who isn't older than him, so we can trade him for picks later ala Packers and Eagles do it all the time.

A. Brown: A
          - Showed Power and Patience when he played, loved him. Great number 2 with more carries. He will compliment Wilson awesomely.
          Bradshaw: B- - Battled but he is done, maybe one more limited year out of him, very limited.
          Wilson: B+ He is going to be a good one. Complete back. Needs to learn patience and humility though.
          Hynoski: A- - Got stronger this year and better at catching the football

Bennett: B - Good first year but still raw at catching the ball. I think he's a solid keeper though but I want more of a pass catcher to compliment him. He's solid.
          Pascoe: C - An overachiever, I want to replace him.
          Beckum: F - Exactly what everyone knew. And injury prone bust that made one big play for the Giants his whole career.
          Robinson: INC I don't know what's up here.

Nicks: C- - When he is on is an absolute beast, injuries are an extreme concern due to the physical nature of his play.
          Cruz: B- - Got hit against the Steelers and his balls fell off. He is still a tremendously explosive Wr but I think he is injured too.
          Randle: B - I think he can be Nicks lite, very good possession receiver with some deep ball ability. Looks a lot like a Toomer like receiver out there.
          Jernigan: INC - Ok the parties over, this guy needs to start producing next season if he wants to avoid the sinorice moss label. He needs to learn from the next guy on this list.
          Barden: D - What a complete and utter disappointment. I really thought he would be good. A bust for us. Carolina saved him from an F.
          Hixon: B- - Good Soldier I would only bring him back to return punts and be 4th receiver, but he'll sign elsewhere.

Diehl: F - One of my all time favorite Giants who should be in the ring of honor. But he is done. Thank you for a magnificent career.
          Beatty: A+ No question the left tackle of the future.
          Locklear: A+
          He held up great for us but I think his career may be over after that horrifying injury.
          Snee: B- He needs to get healthy, has maybe 2 more years in the tank.
          Baas: C+ -Injury prone center with no power. Great pass protector but hampered. He makes too much money. Can be replaced.
          Cordle: B - I can't really say anything about this guy.
          Brewer: INC - Can he replace DD next year at RT?
          Petrus: C- - Was completely overmatched in the NFL.
          Booth: B - Solid player on the left and very smart. Could play center.
          Capers: INC Don't care.

Tuck: F - He's injured or doesn't care. Sounded like both. He may be done but I see another year in him and only because we have too many young guys and Tuck is not a bad influence despite his emo madness.
          Osi: D - Just get rid of him already. No more drama he just can't run defend or shut up. No tomahawk chop this year, which is really what he's good for. He can go someplace else and get 30 more sacks, I don't care. I want him off the team. Completely one dimensional. Despite that still gave light years more effort than Tuck.
          JPP: B - Disappointing season this year despite being pretty damn solid all around. But I love his fire. He cares. With some hungrier guys and a better scheme he is still going to be the anchor of the D.
          Ojomo: INC - I LOVED him in TC and preseason.
          Tracy: INC - See Ojomo, played good on ST this year.
          Austin: D - This guy is unfortunately looking like a bust. But it was his first year playing in a while. But I'm not a fan.
          Bernard: C - He is done but played as best he could.
          Canty: F - One of the worst signings the Giants ever made. Just an awful football player, all size and no power. No heart. No brain. Nothing. Just nothing. Probably, no not probably, the absolutely most OVERRATED Giant of ALL TIME possibly.
          Joseph: B - Unsung hero of the trenches. Most underrated player on the team.
          Kuhn: B - Played well when he did play. Solid backup.

Blackburn: B - Showed he's the Heart of the D but lacks athleticism. Still good to keep around though.
          Kiwanuka: B- - Needs to switch back to DE. Not a linebacker.
          Williams: B- Had injuries all year long. Still think he's our best backer.
          Rivers: C - I saw the talent but is made of glass.
          Herzlich: C- - Continually overpursued and ran himself out of plays all year long. Was awfully bad at wrapping up. The leg was fine, enough athleticism is there, but needs to get stronger. Needs to be taken to the outside, probably the weak side, because he is so not a MLB. Just not. Played good ST.
          Paysinger: B - Our best ST backer. Played well when asked too. Underrated.
          Boley: C - Good backer when he wants to be. The other brain of the D. But took the year off.

Webster: D - Unfortunately he's old now. Lost a step or two or three. A backup now not worth the money. But great career as a Giant.
          Amukamara: B - Played great after initial concerns about his fire at beginning of the year. I doubt he'll ever get many INTs though. But toughened up a lot and is a terrific press corner.
          Hosley: C+ All or nothing guy, don't like him. We'll see next year. Stupid player too.
          Tryon: C - Awful at defense, good on specials.
          Frederick: INC Don't care.
          Phillips: B - When he plays he is a terrific zone safety. But his knees are busted. Too bad, he had elite safety potential. I don't know if we should keep him. My heart says yes, my mind says no.
          Stevie Brown: A+ - Man I wanted him cut in preseason, glad the Giants kept him. Glad he shut my mouth. The ball hawking thing is special. We've needed a DB like him for a long time now.
          Rolle: B- When he plays close to the line and dogs the quarterback or running back he is great, otherwise mediocre and streaky. Too much money for a guy like that, can be replaced. At least he has fire. Perhaps too much. Not very smart in controlling his anger.
          Hill: B+ Showed great flashes, I like him a lot going forward. Big hitter for a smaller guy. And heady player.
          Sash: C - Physically overmatched, thank you but the party is over.

DeOssie: B - Had some botched snaps this year in key moments.
          Tynes: B - Had some key misses in some important games we lost, otherwise was great but I want a younger stronger kicker.
          Weatherford: A+ - This guy is a perfect punter. Absolutely perfect.
          Last edited by BROADWAYSTORM; 12-31-2012, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Two of you have Osi with a "C" and that just makes me laugh so hard, you clearly didn't watch any of our games this year

Comment

I'm glad I can make you laugh! =)

Comment

BTW the "C" is for Crap..lol

Comment

Eli - B
                  Bradshaw - B-
                  Wilson - B+
                  Hynoski - A

Cruz - A-
                  Nicks - C
                  Randle - B
                  Hixon - B
                  Bennett - B+

Beatty - B+
                  Boothe - B
                  Baas- C
                  Snee- C-
                  Diehl- F

Prince - A
                  Webster - D
                  Phillips - B-
                  Brown - A
                  Rolle - B

Osi- F
                  Tuck- F
                  Joseph - B
                  Canty - B
                  JPP - B

Boley - B-
                  Blackburn - B-
                  Rivers - C
                  Kiwi - C
                  JWil - B

Weatherford - A
                  Tynes - C+

Comment

Whole team A first half, F second half.

Comment

Toad, how exactly does Barden get an F------------ but Beckum gets a D?

Am I missing something? Barden was balling out off control when he got his opportunity. Barden gets a B+ to an A for sure

Beckum gets a Z-------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Originally posted by jax5338 View Post
                        Eli - B
                        Bradshaw - B-
                        Wilson - B+
                        Hynoski - A

Cruz - A-
                        Nicks - C
                        Randle - B
                        Hixon - B
                        Bennett - B+

Beatty - B+
                        Boothe - B
                        Baas- C
                        Snee- C-
                        Diehl- F

Prince - A
                        Webster - D
                        Phillips - B-
                        Brown - A
                        Rolle - B

Osi- F
                        Tuck- F
                        Joseph - B
                        Canty - B
                        JPP - B

Boley - B-
                        Blackburn - B-
                        Rivers - C
                        Kiwi - C
                        JWil - B

Weatherford - A
                        Tynes - C+
                        the only thing id change is tynes to at least a b
                        Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

Only guys that exceeded my expectations this season were probably Andre Brown, Stevie Brown, Will Beatty, Sean Locklear and Chase Blackburn...everyone else kind of underachieved in my eyes

Comment

Originally posted by juice33s View Post
                            Only guys that exceeded my expectations this season were probably Andre Brown, Stevie Brown, Will Beatty, Sean Locklear and Chase Blackburn...everyone else kind of underachieved in my eyes
                            Forgot Prince other than that I agree
                            "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Fans starting to turn on JPP already that didnt take long. Best DE run defender in the NFL this year. Get 1 guy that can beat being single blocked see what happens

Comment

Working...
                              X