Biggest Disappointment?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest Disappointment?

Which player was the biggest disappointment to you this year?

I can think of a few, like Webster, and Tuck, but I'm gonna' have to say Hakeem Nicks. And I know it's not entirely his fault because of the injuries, but this guy was in the conversation of top 5 WR in the league coming into the year. Especially after the monster postseason he had last year. And for him to only have 3 TD's and 600 yards receiving is a huge disappointment, and a large reason why our offense looked so inept at times. Maybe it's just because he's my favorite player on the team, but I expected a big year for him, and to see him fall drastically short is definitely a disappointment.

It's sad. Nicks tried and probably injured himself worse for his trying. Ahmad also. What a year for Giants injuries.

Comment

Tuck.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt last season because he was injured. I just don't think he no longer has what it takes to compete at a high level like he once did.

With Nicks, I am extending the benefit of the doubt. He better be making those crazy catches, possess that same speed he had a season ago.
      For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

Comment

Offense: Nicks

Defense: KP

We are a very different team when these men are playing, and at a high level.
        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Before anyone starts going crazy, just solely based on their importance & status on our team, I'm going to say Nicks & JPP.....
          Besides Eli, I think all can agree Nicks on offense & JPP have been our biggest weapons....both were respected around the league, came off huge years & didn't even come close to living up to the expectations.....
          We can argue injuries for nicks, but what can someone tell me other than this double team BS for JPP???
          Every pass rusher in the league faces the same hurdles........Obviously plenty of GMen had off years, but Idk if any went from arguably the best at their position around the league to 41th (stats).....there's all kinds of cats that finished ahead of JPP in sacks, & he's tied with Derrick Morgan, the guy we made fun of for supposedly being the better DE in the 2010 draft...

Comment

Tuck on defense.

Eli on offense.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
              Tuck on defense.

Eli on offense.
              Biggest disappointment would be a unexpected let down.....weve all seen tuck declining have we not?

Comment

Webster and Tuck on a close second on D
                Diehl on O
                Die-hard Giants fan since the early 60's!

Comment

Webster. My god, what a detonation.

Comment

The coaching staff for yet another 6-2 start and another collapse. The fact that this happens every single year and they can't figure out the problem and it culminated in going from locking up the division to completely out of the playoffs in the span of 3 weeks.
                    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Originally posted by myles2424 View Post
                      We can argue injuries for nicks, but what can someone tell me other than this double team BS for JPP???
                      Every pass rusher in the league faces the same hurdles.....
                      It's partly on him (he has to study what other elite DEs do to evolve their games and develop new techniques to compensate for being doubled and tripled); it's partly on the coaches for not using him as a joker and lining him up all over the place as well as for not leading him by the nose as far as study and evolving his game.
                      8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Bradshaw. Don't know why but the guy just can't seem to see the hole alot of times. Offensive line would be second.

Comment

Can't really blame Nicks. He was hurt, but gave us his all. He pretty much put his body on the line to get us that Tampa Bay win, and that's when he added the knee injury to the list and was never the same after that. I have full confidence that will be back to form next year.

Comment

I really thought Osi was going to have a great year. He is healthy and a free agent at the end of the season. I thought he would have more production.
                            "Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all – land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

Comment

Originally posted by timmytimm3 View Post
                              I really thought Osi was going to have a great year. He is healthy and a free agent at the end of the season. I thought he would have more production.
                              Hes just not the player he was.
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Working...
                              X