Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem is defense?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Problem is defense?

    Our offense is solid ...

    We have so many good wide receivers.
    Our tight ends are good
    Our running game is pretty solid if we have Adre Brown / Bradshaw maybe even Wilson thrown in there.
    Our Offensive line needs help ,but can be fixed.

    Now our defense:

    Our Dline is non-existent ...Tuck and Osi are tired of playing football and should leave ?
    Our CB ...Prince,Webster,Hosley could do alot better
    Our Linebackers give up 200 yards rushing a game and cant tackle @$$@$
    Our safeties pretty are solid though no complaints.

  • #2
    Defense is a problem we need to address with draft and signings. We never are healthy there and that costs us. Plus, we have aging players.

    Offense is talented, but we need changes in the coaching.

    Comment


    • #3
      There are problems in two of the three phases of the team. Both the offenes and defense need to be tended to.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

      Comment


      • #4
        LINEBACKERS
        Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by sewy18 View Post
          Our offense is solid ...

          We have so many good wide receivers.
          Our tight ends are good
          Our running game is pretty solid if we have Adre Brown / Bradshaw maybe even Wilson thrown in there.
          Our Offensive line needs help ,but can be fixed.

          Now our defense:

          Our Dline is non-existent ...Tuck and Osi are tired of playing football and should leave ?
          Our CB ...Prince,Webster,Hosley could do alot better
          Our Linebackers give up 200 yards rushing a game and cant tackle @$$@$
          Our safeties pretty are solid though no complaints.

          Not true. Both are problems and the offense - whether it is execution or talent - needs fixing. Part of their job is to extend drives keeping the defense off the field and put up points. They didn't do either successfully this year.

          Comment


          • #6
            how could you even say the problem is only defense..
            4th most trips into the RedZone and like 25th in TDs.....
            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

            Comment


            • #7
              Our defense is old, slow, and injured. If this doesn't get fixed in the offseason we'll have another collapse and miss the playoffs.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                There are problems in two of the three phases of the team. Both the offenes and defense need to be tended to.
                Offensively, we just need to build a solid line. The OL just hasn't been up to par the past few years. Last year we were lucky enough to make it work, this year not so much. If you take a look at the games where we've gotten decent line play (and by decent I mean at least average), we've looked fairly dominant. When they've struggled, we haven't played so well.

                Defensively, I think it's a mix between under-performance by several players (namely those on the DL and CB) and scheme. PF can call a good game every once in a while, but he often tries to be too cute, like the 4-4 he ran a lot against Baltimore. We have a lot of needs to address on that side of the ball, which includes the DC.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Defense can be salvaged. Maybe a Free Agent linebacker.

                  Offense is mostly good, except for the o-line. We need to spend all seven draft picks on the o-line. Only Beatty's job should be safe. Locklear MAYBE, if he recovers well from that nasty injury...

                  I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by sewy18 View Post
                    Our offense is solid ...

                    We have so many good wide receivers.
                    Our tight ends are good
                    Our running game is pretty solid if we have Adre Brown / Bradshaw maybe even Wilson thrown in there.
                    Our Offensive line needs help ,but can be fixed.

                    Now our defense:

                    Our Dline is non-existent ...Tuck and Osi are tired of playing football and should leave ?
                    Our CB ...Prince,Webster,Hosley could do alot better
                    Our Linebackers give up 200 yards rushing a game and cant tackle @$$@$
                    Our safeties pretty are solid though no complaints.
                    I would disagree, the defense is definitely a problem, you could argue scheme or players, or maybe a combination of the two. Personally I think the "read and react" is more of the problem than the players, the players quit, just like they did with Rod Rust because the scheme is horrible. You would have a hard time convincing anyone that Rust didn't have the talent, and I believe we have a similar situation today.

                    The offense also has some serious problems, they are extremely inconsistent, they can score at will in some games and the next go three and out on almost every possession.
                    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                      Defense can be salvaged. Maybe a Free Agent linebacker.

                      Offense is mostly good, except for the o-line. We need to spend all seven draft picks on the o-line. Only Beatty's job should be safe. Locklear MAYBE, if he recovers well from that nasty injury...
                      A Free agent linebacker is just a temporary fix.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                        Defense can be salvaged. Maybe a Free Agent linebacker.

                        Offense is mostly good, except for the o-line. We need to spend all seven draft picks on the o-line. Only Beatty's job should be safe. Locklear MAYBE, if he recovers well from that nasty injury...
                        How is our offense good? Our red-zone offense is garbage. What do you recommend fixing there? I'm curious. People aren't blaming the play-calling, but then people really can't find a good reason why the red-zone offense is so bad.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                          Not true. Both are problems and the offense - whether it is execution or talent - needs fixing. Part of their job is to extend drives keeping the defense off the field and put up points. They didn't do either successfully this year.
                          And I think that points more towards OL play and Nicks/Bradshaw being banged up most of the year.

                          However, I think the bigger issue on this team is on the defensive side of the ball and not the offensive.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Moke View Post
                            How is our offense good? Our red-zone offense is garbage. What do you recommend fixing there? I'm curious. People aren't blaming the play-calling, but then people really can't find a good reason why the red-zone offense is so bad.
                            The RZ issues fall to the line and guys not winning their 1-1 match-ups. We lack a consistent push on short yardage situations which makes it hard to run inside the 10 (which also means that defenses can devote more attention to coverage making it even more difficult to pass on the short field). With spotty pass protection, plays aren't allowed to develop long enough for a receiver to get open if he doesn't win his route off the line.

                            Also, there have been plenty of times this season where guys that could have made a play just flat out haven't (including Eli). How many fades have you seen go off the finger tips of Nicks this season (I'm recalling at least 5 off the top of my head)? There were several times that Eli made the wrong read on which guy to throw it to or threw an errant pass.

                            Offensively, it has come down more to execution this season than anything schematically wrong with the offense. I'm of the mind that if we can improve our OL the offense will become truly dominant.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Drez View Post
                              The RZ issues fall to the line and guys not winning their 1-1 match-ups. We lack a consistent push on short yardage situations which makes it hard to run inside the 10 (which also means that defenses can devote more attention to coverage making it even more difficult to pass on the short field). With spotty pass protection, plays aren't allowed to develop long enough for a receiver to get open if he doesn't win his route off the line.

                              Also, there have been plenty of times this season where guys that could have made a play just flat out haven't (including Eli). How many fades have you seen go off the finger tips of Nicks this season (I'm recalling at least 5 off the top of my head)? There were several times that Eli made the wrong read on which guy to throw it to or threw an errant pass.

                              Offensively, it has come down more to execution this season than anything schematically wrong with the offense. I'm of the mind that if we can improve our OL the offense will become truly dominant.
                              Good point. Fair enough +1

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X