I don't even feel like watching the Playoffs now

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't even feel like watching the Playoffs now

At least we finished strong, as hilarious as that sounds. I just hope we didn't blow out the Eagles because people were playing for their roster spots or fear of being fired. I just don't get how bi polar this team is. I do think it's been an emotionally draining season with the Hurricane then the Sandy Hook Shooting (which let me be honest, I'm tired of hearing about that now). We'd play games where we ensured the football world that we were playoff contenders still. Then it seemed like the Giants of old with Tiki on board and people not wanting to play for Coughlin. I honestly think we need to let Osi walk, Tuck gets a pay cut as well.

We have to draft a speed linebacker, at least now while we still have leaders on the defense that can inject their knowledge into them. I wish we could have gotten that stud from ND. I've wanted us to draft a linebacker in the first round for years, granted so of the people we wanted ended up being busts, but it doesn't hurt to go for a linebacker in the first round and then a CB in the second, as Webster is old and washed up.

It will be ok...really.

Comment

There are really more important things in life. The upsetness hit me, but it's over with. Time to look to the future and see what we can do to improve.

Comment

Same here. I can't get excited for other teams... in fact I start getting a little jealous. I might watch that Seattle and Washington matchup just to see the Skins get bumped and the Indy game to see what Luck does but besides that, I'm completely uninterested in what Peyton, Brady or Rodgers does. NBA time for me.

Comment

I really can't see why as a football fan, you can't enjoy the rest of the playoffs. Pick a team tht you'd love to see advance. There are plenty of teams that you'd like to see make it to the SB I'm sure.

Comment

Only one really, the NYG.

Comment

Originally posted by Moke View Post
              I really can't see why as a football fan, you can't enjoy the rest of the playoffs. Pick a team tht you'd love to see advance. There are plenty of teams that you'd like to see make it to the SB I'm sure.
              I'll watch a little but I'm not gonna warm up no wings and get my drinks ready like I would if the Giants were playing or attend a Superbowl party.

Comment

Originally posted by BurnerNYG View Post
                I'll watch a little but I'm not gonna warm up no wings and get my drinks ready like I would if the Giants were playing or attend a Superbowl party.
                Oh, well, obviously lol.

My friends might throw playoff parties though so I might go to those.

Comment

Originally posted by BurnerNYG View Post
                  Same here. I can't get excited for other teams... in fact I start getting a little jealous. I might watch that Seattle and Washington matchup just to see the Skins get bumped and the Indy game to see what Luck does but besides that, I'm completely uninterested in what Peyton, Brady or Rodgers does. NBA time for me.
                  i dont watch basketball anymore but i hear the lakers wont even make the playoffs and that kobe might retire after this season
                  Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
                    i dont watch basketball anymore but i hear the lakers wont even make the playoffs and that kobe might retire after this season
                    The Lakers are all over the place this year.
                    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I used to be a Kobe Bryant fan, but it's just ridiculous what happened to the Lakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                        The Lakers are all over the place this year.
                        How so?

~Big Mike~

Comment

How so?
                          Many things, but I'll say the system their head coach wants them to run doesnt fit them. They are horrible on defense, and unless Kobe scores 40 a game, there are no consistent scorers. Nash is a good scorer but point guards are supposed to distribute the ball. It's basically Nash and Kobe running the team.
                          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I haven't been too thrilled about basketball this year because of Rose's injury. I've been sporadically watching and paying attention to the records and what not but now that the Gmen are done, I'll be a little more into it. Oh yeah, the Lakers are definitely all over the place... Dwight Howard should've stayed in Orlando.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                              Many things, but I'll say the system their head coach wants them to run doesnt fit them. They are horrible on defense, and unless Kobe scores 40 a game, there are no consistent scorers. Nash is a good scorer but point guards are supposed to distribute the ball. It's basically Nash and Kobe running the team.
                              hmm, i spoke to my friend last night who is a huge kobe fan and she was telling me the exact same thing. it was weird to me because i never really looked at basketball the way i look at football. I know running a certain system is essential to football players, but isnt basketball a little more free style? I played center for 1 year in high school and it seemed like my role was pretty simple. set a screen or post my guy up. Interesting prospective though. How is the system not fitting the team?

~Big Mike~

Comment

Working...
                              X