Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just realized why Ryan Leaf failed so hard in the NFL...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just realized why Ryan Leaf failed so hard in the NFL...

Kevin Gilbride was his head coach in San Diego back then! It all makes sense now I never knew that!

Re: I just realized why Ryan Leaf failed so hard in the NFL...

Fail.

Gilbride was no longer there when they drafted Leaf.

Comment

[quote user="Drez"]

Fail.

[/quote]

Fail on you, Leaf was drafted 1998 and that was Gilbride's last season as head coach.

Comment

huh, yep kevin was the HC from 97-98. So maybe it was kevin that screwed up in agreeing to select leaf?

Comment

[quote user="NYfanatic"]huh, yep kevin was the HC from 97-98. So maybe it was kevin that screwed up in agreeing to select leaf?
          [/quote]

I don't think that matters much, as the Chargers picked second that year. The Colts grabbedManning with the first selection,and SDtraded a boat load of picks to Arizona to move up from 4 to 2 to grab Leaf.

Comment

[quote user="DemandedAce"][quote user="Drez"]

Fail.

[/quote] Fail on you, Leaf was drafted 1998 and that was Gilbride's last season as head coach.[/quote]My bad. I read listing wrong, as in 97-98 meaning the 97-98 season, not the 1997 and 1998 season.

Either way, Leaf bombed because he was a bum, not because of KG.

If that were the case, explain Moon, Brunell, and Eli.

Comment

Eli has thrived under Gilbride. Leaf was just a ******. If anything, Leaf caused Gilbride to fail as a head coach.

Comment

Leaf didnt want it bad enough. Thats why he failed...
                your assessment is amusing but not even close to being correct.
                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

man, try to make one joke because everyone in here is all gloom and doom this week and people think you're serious and insane

Comment

[quote user="DemandedAce"]man, try to make one joke because everyone in here is all gloom and doom this week and people think you're serious and insane[/quote]

Considering the **** KG gets around here even when we have an excellent offensive game, forgive the fact that people didn't realize that you were making a joke.

Comment

[quote user="nYg24"]Eli has thrived under Gilbride. Leaf was just a ******. If anything, Leaf caused Gilbride to fail as a head coach.[/quote]True, along with Bobby Beef fart (Beathard). They didn't get along!!!!

Comment

[quote user="Drez"]

Either way, Leaf bombed because he was a bum, not because of KG.

[/quote]

I'm not so sure about that. Leaf and Peyton became friends during that draft and compared notes on their organizations weekly. San Diego was (is) a basket-case organization that threw Leaf into the fire. That's why the Mannings didn't want Eli to go there 6 years later.
                        8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

I love that our offense and our QB have been terrific this year, despite a below average OL andthe fact thatUDFA's were thrust into huge roles in the passing game, yet there are 50 threads daily about how bad our OC is . . . .

Comment

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]I love that our offense and our QB have been terrific this year, despite a below average OL and*the fact that*UDFA's were thrust into huge roles in the passing game, yet there are 50 threads daily about how bad our OC is . . . .[/quote]

Our offense and playcalling has been terrific? Really? Is that what you call our constantly settling for fieldgoals because (this is a shocker here) our 3rd and long shotgun draw somehow didn't gain us the required eight yards?!

Comment

[quote user="DemandedAce"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]I love that our offense and our QB have been terrific this year, despite a below average OL andthe fact thatUDFA's were thrust into huge roles in the passing game, yet there are 50 threads daily about how bad our OC is . . . .[/quote] Our offense and playcalling has been terrific? Really? Is that what you call our constantly settling for fieldgoals because (this is a shocker here) our 3rd and long shotgun draw somehow didn't gain us the required eight yards?![/quote]

Constantly settling for field goals?? We have 16 field goals all year -- an average of one per game.

Oh and by the way, we are 7th in the NFL in TD% in the red zone.

Comment

Working...
                              X