Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you justify bringing back a guy who coached a #30 Defense?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you justify bringing back a guy who coached a #30 Defense?

What more do you need to know about a guy than with a powerful O, a more than average defensive line-up, he cannot even get you in the top 15?

FEWELL HAS TO GO......he is way too predictable and timid

By giving him better players.

Comment

No offense, but there has been about 50 threads on this... while I may agree, it is time to either move on or just bump one of the others
      My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
        What more do you need to know about a guy than with a powerful O, a more than average defensive line-up, he cannot even get you in the top 15?

Obviously, the Giants feel it was the players fault...and they might be right....Osi, Tuck and Webster were horrible, and won't be back with the Giants because of their very poor play.

Comment

Our CBs were banged up all year. His Defense relies on CB and Safeties. That's how. I like our DC. This year was not on him it was on the players.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladder27 View Post
            Our CBs were banged up all year. His Defense relies on CB and Safeties. That's how. I like our DC. This year was not on him it was on the players.
            Osi, Tuck and Web had very good years last year, and the defense was still ranked among the worst in the NFL... He may be a good DC, but has he actually coached a top 10 defense, ever?
            My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

Originally posted by Hooligans View Post
              Obviously, the Giants feel it was the players fault...and they might be right....Osi, Tuck and Webster were horrible, and won't be back with the Giants because of their very poor play.
              I would not say those 3 were terrible, more like average.........Did you notice when we applied pressure bringing 8 against Philadelphia we looked like a real team?

Sometimes I feel Fewell puts in a base defense and goes off to take a nap for the whole game

Comment

I would not say those 3 were terrible, more like average.........Did you notice when we applied pressure bringing 8 against Philadelphia we looked like a real team?Sometimes I feel Fewell puts in a base defense and goes off to take a nap for the whole game
                Philly has an awful o-line.
                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                  so if we play teams with good olines we should never bring heat??? Are you daft man?

#30 is #30..............Stevie Brown saved us from beine the leagues worst D. It's unacceptable and it starts with the DC

San Fran has a very good o line and the same brutal tactics worked against them...........he occasionaly calls a good game then retreats to his old conservative style

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                    Yes they do, but when PF simplified the D and brought more lb/safety pressure at the end of 2011 into the playoffs the d played lights out.

Comment

More important to get rid of Killdrive...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

I think the job of DC is too big a role for Fewell........he should be a LB or Dline coach............We should bring in Lovie Smith as DC

Mara needs to step in and force Coughlin off his comfort zone

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post
                          Osi, Tuck and Web had very good years last year, and the defense was still ranked among the worst in the NFL... He may be a good DC, but has he actually coached a top 10 defense, ever?

And again last year our CB were banged up. Just think how our Defense would be if our CBs could cover longer then 2 secs. If TT was back and could cover like Webster how many more Sacks would Our Defense have? Where would we be ranked? Webster had a down year also this year. Prince started coming on late but also got banged up.

Comment

We don't have any playmakers at LB. I just checked the final PFF grades on our LB's and they were all negative except for Paysinger. We need a serious upgrade there and Reese is to blame. Rivers proved to be just another mediocre LB and the Sintim second round failure hurt too.

Comment

lack of front 7 pressure exposes any CBs

Comment

Working...
                              X