Future of Jernigan & Barden

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future of Jernigan & Barden

They're not really working out for this team. I'd part ways and try and get a gem late in the draft (Marques Colston).

1.Cruz
    2.Nicks
    3.Hixon
    4.Randle

I'd say that Jernigan stays, while Barden bites the dust.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Why does Jernigan stay? If anything, Barden has shown more.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
        I'd say that Jernigan stays, while Barden bites the dust.
        I agree. If the Giants can give Moss and Barden a couple years I expect JJ to get the same. Unless they pick up a receiver in the draft who pushes him out.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

Originally posted by ny06 View Post
          I agree. If the Giants can give Moss and Barden a couple years I expect JJ to get the same. Unless they pick up a receiver in the draft who pushes him out.
          Jernigan is a slot WR. He has no place here if Cruz is going to play the slot.

Comment

Jernigan stays cause he has good upside, just KG s too dumb to utilize talent on the team. It took him all season to finally come up w new plays. I can't stand KG

Comment

Originally posted by StraightCruzinn View Post
              Barden or JJ will not beat out Nicks, Cruz, Hixon or Randle. So that leaves them to play special teams. And JJ can do kick offs or in case of injuries punt return duties.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

Originally posted by Sundown View Post
                Well if he's behind Nicks Cruz and Randle, then he would play the other slot when/if we use 4 wr sets

Comment

Jernigan was getting worked more into the offense late this year and has shown he's a solid blocker. He's a good guy to have around also in case Cruz were ever to get hurt and could fill that slot role.

I'm not sure what the team feels about Barden. He had that breakout game against Carolina and then committed that crucial OPI late in the Philly game and literally disappeared. I think they'll both stay but if I had to make a guess, I'd say Barden is closer to the door than JJ is.
                  "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by GiantFanatic55 View Post
                    Well if he's behind Nicks Cruz and Randle, then he would play the other slot when/if we use 4 wr sets
                    If KG can make new plays, they'll be times when he plays slot more on 1st and 2nd down to free up Cruz on the outside. On of the biggest problems this year was Cruz being in the slot too much. I think he'll get more pt next season.

Comment

JJ was drafted to be a utility player, kick/punt returns and a backup slot receiver.

JJ was not a receiver coming out, at least not a polished one. He has had one full offseason and hes 23 years old. Lets give him some time.

Comment

They probably both stay. We need depth. Nicks and Hixon both have injury issues.

Comment

Why does Jernigan get the nod over Barden? Simple.

Jernigan, while having produced less than Barden (who has produced very, very little himself), is not a FA!

We don't have to make any effort to bring Jernigan back, but we would to make an effort to bring Barden back. Besides -- if Barden ever wants to be anything other than a mediocre STs player -- he should go somewhere else where he can compete.
                          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                            JJ was drafted to be a utility player, kick/punt returns and a backup slot receiver.

JJ was not a receiver coming out, at least not a polished one. He has had one full offseason and hes 23 years old. Lets give him some time.
                            I disagree. He was a a third round pick. He was drafted to play WR and in addition return kicks.

Comment

they can both go..

Nicks
                              Cruz
                              Randle
                              Hixon
                              ??

Comment

Working...
                              X