Bradshaw's Role Next Year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradshaw's Role Next Year

AB is one of my favorite giants...He's a warrior and gives 110% every time he's on the field. The downside he has chronic foot problems that crop up every year and the once-a-week practice routine is getting old.

With Wilson emerging, he'll most likely be the starter next year demoting Bradshaw

AB is due 4mill next year and that's too much to be paying a backup IMO

Brown is also coming on too and i think he can be a great goal-line/power back that i'd like to see get more touches

Thoughts?

I am with you on this one. I think wilson gets the start next season and brown will be used for those short yardage plays. If bradshaw does not stay healthy, it would be hard to keep him as a starter. You are right though, he is a beast when he is on the field. I wish all of our players played with that type of intensity. maybe he should get to wear the "C" on his jersey.

Comment

Bradshaw should be delegated to the third down back only. He is a tremendous pass blocker and can catch well out of the back field, but Wilson is a much more talented ball carrier and should be given 20+ carries a game.

Comment

I think next year will be exactly like this year. AB will be the starter, Brown will play at the goal line, Wilson will be occupying the bench for the most part. But If someone gets injured then this can all change.

Comment

Unfortunately Bradshaw won't ever be 100%. It's a fact that the coaches have to accept. Split the carries 75/25 with the majority going to Wilson next year.

Comment

I say they split them between all three, we saw in the philly game when AB has fresh legs, he can perform and he has heart. If they split then AB is fresh when he hits the field and will have a better chance of playing more games

Comment

Ahmad's role is going to be defined by his health. Can the issues with his feet be totally corrected or does he have a condition that can only be treated but not cured?

Comment

Originally posted by chasjay View Post
                Ahmad's role is going to be defined by his health. Can the issues with his feet be totally corrected or does he have a condition that can only be treated but not cured?
                Treated not cured. Every off-season he gets something done to his feet in hope that they'll stay healthy, but every year they break down

Comment

Bradshaw had 1,000 yards this year. He still has a lot left in the tank in my opinion.
                  ​​​

Comment

He himself thinks he may not be back next year. "He sounded uncertain on Monday as well. "I donít know anything," Bradshaw said. "We donít know who might not come back, so itís good to see these faces."

He's owed $4 million next year, he could be viewed as expendable. Though he is plagued by injuries as you pointed out, he plays through them. He still got over 1000 yards this season, at 221 attempts. His stats, average of 4.6 yards per carry, his longest run of the year had been 37 yards and had 6 TDs.
                    It's hard to believe he's only 26, feels like he's been around a lot longer and he's going to have it rough as he gets older. Hard to say if the Giants will keep him around or TC with the loyalty factor or with Wilson no longer being a rookie, play him a lot more.
                    I say keep him, there's an interesting poll on the Daily News website, Keep them or dump them. 75% to keep AB.
                    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...-em-or-dump-em

Comment

75% of the polled people voted to keep AB? Smart people, as long as AB can go. He still has the fire.

Comment

Wilson/Brown/Bradshaw.

Wilson getting the majority, Brown getting the majority of what's left and Bradshaw sprikled in as much as he wouldn't like that with the passion he has for the game.

However with Brown coming off an injury I think it will play out Wilson about 65%, Bradshaw and Brown sharing what's left or possibly Bradshaw getting the majority of what's left.

CANNOT wait to see David Wilson tear up the league next season. Cannot wait..

Good topic, refreshing.

Bradshaw would be a GREAT #2 and even better #3. I've always said he would be so much better in the second Q and second half of games when the defense is tired.
                        Last edited by NYG4lifeNYK; 01-01-2013, 07:08 PM.
                        "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Lets hope the Giants find a good podiatrist.

Comment

Do you guys think we'll ever see Wilson and Scott in the backfield together? That would be some scary speed, right there...
                            I hate Philthy. The teams, their fans, the city.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
                              Wilson/Brown/Bradshaw.

Wilson getting the majority, Brown getting the majority of what's left and Bradshaw sprikled in as much as he wouldn't like that with the passion he has for the game.

However with Brown coming off an injury I think it will play out Wilson about 65%, Bradshaw and Brown sharing what's left or possibly Bradshaw getting the majority of what's left.

CANNOT wait to see David Wilson tear up the league next season. Cannot wait..

Good topic, refreshing.

Bradshaw would be a GREAT #2 and even better #3. I've always said he would be so much better in the second Q and second half of games when the defense is tired.
                              Bla bla bradshaw can't stay healthly bla bla...

Andrew Brown got injured before his first NFL carry. After bouncing around the NFL for 4 years, he managed to get hurt twice this season, one was a concussion, the second time was a broken leg.

The way the giants did it the final game was perfect. Use Wilson for outside runs and cutback runs and run bradshaw through the middle. AB and Wilson both had 15+ carries against the eagles and , drum role please.....Bradshaw had a better YPC... If everyone stoped focusing on who has the most carries and instead focused on how we can et the most out of every carry we can move on.
                              Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

Working...
                              X