Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those that believe Gilbride is a really good coach please ask yourself 1 question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dave56dj View Post
    ha - there is no difference between a trap and a sweep or a delay or a draw or counter - fans are guessing run or pass and are right 50 percent of the time which means clearly gilbride is a fool. Even if the play works, if a fan called it then it must be bad. Even if your offense scores a boat load of points, 6th in the league, your coordinator must be bad if a fan can guess a shotgun draw (one of the only ways to run out of gun). Everyone wants kg gone, except every fan who appreciates a good offense, coughlin and reese. But everyone else ya know.
    Chip Kelly for OC!!! Come on man, it's the sexy pick!!
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• but i can call run 50 percent of the time when he coaches too, he sucks, cleveland better fire him already.

Comment

but i can call run 50 percent of the time when he coaches too, he sucks, cleveland better fire him already.
        No dude, you don't want to mess with the intelligent minds on these boards. There are people in front of TVs watching Gilbride's offense going: "Holy **** hun, you see that? Haven't seen them run 'eighty strong 69 y post shallow x cross' since my days in the academy. I mean, nice call -- really brings me back, but I totally saw it coming!"

Comment

• I guess everyone is just talking about his choice of plays. Yet how about we look at play design. As a guy who does know how to make real football plays I have learned from the past, play design is very important. I've seen screes from the wrs and backs and even te screens. I've seen a lot of good play design. Yet I believe that KG relies more on players' abilities than his own play calling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
            Yet I believe that KG relies more on players' abilities than his own play calling.
            It's a players scheme. They dictate the play calling based on what the defense does. It's not the simple "KG talks into headset, Eli hears him, tells the players, they run shotgun draw"-mechanical like system that people think it is.

Comment

• Gilbride is a good OC. His problem is he works for my way or the highway Coughlin.

Comment

• Yeah that TC is a real bummer - all those wins and those rings are just plain annoying. Again 2 in nine years? Pathetic - yes 14 teams dont have any and seven have only one in their history and 3 with only two in their ENTIRE history - but TC is just sooo....ssssssoooo.....ummm...well he likes it his way which has proven to be pretty amazing, but ugh.......SUPERBOWLS so frustrating ya know.

gmen - how dare you use an actual play call - what you mean is run left, correct?

Comment

Yeah that TC is a real bummer - all those wins and those rings are just plain annoying. Again 2 in nine years? Pathetic - yes 14 teams dont have any and seven have only one in their history and 3 with only two in their ENTIRE history - but TC is just sooo....ssssssoooo.....ummm...well he likes it his way which has proven to be pretty amazing, but ugh.......SUPERBOWLS so frustrating ya know.

gmen - how dare you use an actual play call - what you mean is run left, correct?
                  "Run to the left" *play start---UH RUN TO THE RIGHT I MEAN!

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                    "Run to the left" *play start---UH RUN TO THE RIGHT I MEAN!
                    And I really do believe that's how 98% of the people that piss and moan about being able to call what plays we are going to run do. Ok, so it's a run to the left... Is it between the G and T, off tackle, off the edge? What kind of blocking scheme are we using? Is it straight man or are we mixing in a little zone blocking? Are we pulling a guard? If so, is it the play side or back side G? Or have we decided to pull the center or swing out the T instead?

Comment

• drez gmen it really is fun watching the zone schemes in houston. We certainly run our share of zones schemes as well but man does kubiak and that line have them down - fun to watch - great back too. I mean i like the middle run and left run.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsforce View Post
                        Yeah, it is very complicated. After all there so many variations of Run, Run, Pass, Kick. Especially the shotgun draw and if you need 3 yards chuck it down the field for 40 or if you need 7, throw it for 3 and hope you will fool someone.
                        You do realize that Eli checks into most of our draws? Also, throwing downfield on in a short yardage situation or throwing short in a long yardage situation aren't play calls, those are decisions made by the QB on where to go with the ball on a given play? Very seldom on a 3rd and 1 will ALL the routes be run deep. Maybe we throw deep so often in that situation because the defense has taken away the short and intermediate routes leaving the best option a deep receiver that isolated 1v1 on a DB.

Comment

drez gmen it really is fun watching the zone schemes in houston. We certainly run our share of zones schemes as well but man does kubiak and that line have them down - fun to watch - great back too. I mean i like the middle run and left run.
                          A lot like Shanny does in WAS. Makes sense seeing as Kubiak is a Shanny disciple.

Comment

• Kyle shanny runs a lot pistol these days (not suprised with RG3) but I have not seen as much zone scheme ( i do realze these can be used in tandem and ar4 not independent of each other, so not sure why i bring it up except to make my next point). I wont lie i was so mezmerized by the play fakes and quick screens i often failed to see how thy were blocking up a thing. Really I just felt for boley chase or whatever backer was on the field bc it is so easy to get sucked up into the wash on every play fake. But I realize kubiak got the zones from shanny. D wilson is a nice candidate for a zone scheme, but the truth is that oline in houston is very well assembled too.

I like that someone would say they can predict run run pass kick - that is hilarious. 6th most points in the entire league and apparently we did it based on run run pass kick, who knew you could score that often with such a predictable O.

woah ponder is inactive tonight.

Comment

Kyle shanny runs a lot pistol these days (not suprised with RG3) but I have not seen as much zone scheme ( i do realze these can be used in tandem and ar4 not independent of each other, so not sure why i bring it up except to make my next point). I wont lie i was so mezmerized by the play fakes and quick screens i often failed to see how thy were blocking up a thing. Really I just felt for boley chase or whatever backer was on the field bc it is so easy to get sucked up into the wash on every play fake. But I realize kubiak got the zones from shanny. D wilson is a nice candidate for a zone scheme, but the truth is that oline in houston is very well assembled too.

I like that someone would say they can predict run run pass kick - that is hilarious. 6th most points in the entire league and apparently we did it based on run run pass kick, who knew you could score that often with such a predictable O.

woah ponder is inactive tonight.
                              WAS definitely uses zone blocking, and if I'm not mistaken a lot of stretch plays. Zone blocking actually works very well with option offenses.

I can't remember which game, but I remember someone was complaining that we ran on 1st and 2nd down too much in the second half, so I looked at the play by play. We only ran on consecutive downs like 4 times (regardless of down), twice ending in a first down and the other 2 ending in a 3rd and 4 and shorter, lol.

About Pounder... Could be huge, could end up not mattering. It's not like Ponder really tore it up this year.

Comment

• drez i did notice the stretch plays and man did they get to a lot of edges. RG3 really changes the way every defensive player has to go about there job - its almost as if there is a .5 second hesitation for all 11 players. Tough to set edges that way and tough to maintain gap integrity. Lot of people got all over osi (who i think was fairly active down the stretch) but how many guys can maintain gaps and set edges against a 4.1 runner in rg3 - just not easy.

While i agree with you on ponder joe webb simply has little experience and if your the packers you have to just send 8 in box at all times and make webb beat you - he can run but is very very raw as a passer.

I also realize sending 8 against ap sometimes still isnt enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X