Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those that believe Gilbride is a really good coach please ask yourself 1 question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by drewz View Post
    lol, it was interesting watching the Green Bay game tonight.

Aaron Rodgers took what the defense gave him.. dumped the ball off to his RB when the defense ran a pretty good coverage scheme, short intermediate passes when there was nothing down field. I couldn't help but think if it was Gilbride he'd be forcing the ball into tight spots until it worked
    So, Gilbride tells Eli where to throw the ball?

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
      Yes. Teeheee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
        So, Gilbridge doesn't call the plays?

Comment

Yes. But, he doesn't dictate to Eli who to throw the ball to. That's on Eli. Eli also has the ability to adjust any route at the LoS and has full audible control.

Comment

I'm quite sure KG doesn't coach Eli to chuck the ball dangerously downfield when there's nothing there.
            KG doesn't control; Eli's decision making.
            Unless you think Eli is some kind of robot.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              I'm quite sure KG doesn't coach Eli to chuck the ball dangerously downfield when there's nothing there.
              Very good answere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                Ok. I 'll take this asnwer, but I have another question: Based on what you said, when does the coach steps in and says "hey, enough is enough with this chucking it down the field, take what they give you"?Isn't part of the coaches job to see the mistakes and correct them?

Comment

Eli always has options at the LOS. It's his final call.
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
                    Oh so now you are giving Eli's decision making and judgement some veracity. Got it. Our OC flat out sucks. It is nice that we have players that are loyal but it still doesn't excuse the terrible game plans and play calling.
                    Oh no, I've always questioned Eli's decision making. It's obviously one of the reasons we struggle offensively.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      It's because they have a better OC. It is definitely NOT execution
                      ANY gameplan if executed with perfection is going to work.

Aaron Rodgers stated at the post game that they struggled on offense and gave a big nod to the defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                        Oh no, I've always questioned Eli's decision making. It's obviously one of the reasons we struggle offensively.
                        Eli’s decision making, IMO was the difference in his performance in 2011. As I’ve previously stated, I think the fact that Peyton was out for the year and was on the phone with Eli 3-4 times a weeks may have had something to do with that.

As bad as we played all the way around this past season, if Eli doesn’t make a couple horrible decisions, we probably make the playoffs. He is the way this team goes.

With the exception of 2011, poor decision making has been a problem Eli has had and I think if he had a better coordinator or QB coach, he would improve in that regard.

Comment

• How do you account for the 6th most points in the league - how bout the top offenses in almost every year of gilbride being coach. Its just all eli making up plays in the sand. Are you insinuating Peyton coached eli up in his 8th year in the league?

Comment

• Originally posted by dave56dj View Post
                            How do you account for the 6th most points in the league - how bout the top offenses in almost every year of gilbride being coach. Its just all eli making up plays in the sand. Are you insinuating Peyton coached eli up in his 8th year in the league?
                            Eli played way better in 2011 than at any other time during his NFL career. Part of that is from the lockout and defenses not having time to prepare but a big improvement in his game that season was due to his decision making. Now, Eli had stated he was on the phone with Peyton 3-4 times a week that year and I think that had a lot to do with it.

The fact that we are “statistically” a top offense every season under such a piece of garbage OC with an idiotic system is a compliment to our players on offense.

Comment

How do you account for the 6th most points in the league - how bout the top offenses in almost every year of gilbride being coach. Its just all eli making up plays in the sand. Are you insinuating Peyton coached eli up in his 8th year in the league?
                              We are a high scoring suck machine
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

How do you account for second half collapses?
                                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Working...
                                X