Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those that believe Gilbride is a really good coach please ask yourself 1 question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Eli played way better in 2011 than at any other time during his NFL career. Part of that is from the lockout and defenses not having time to prepare but a big improvement in his game that season was due to his decision making. Now, Eli had stated he was on the phone with Peyton 3-4 times a week that year and I think that had a lot to do with it.

The fact that we are “statistically” a top offense every season under such a piece of garbage OC with an idiotic system is a compliment to our players on offense.
    this one

couple that with playing some bad defense as well.

NY GIANTS ... NY METS ... UNC TAR HEELS ... CHICAGO BULLS

Originally posted by Generation Eli
    1 and done, and its not even close

Packers 30
    Giants 13

Comment

• I've said this before....when Eli is playing lights-out, Gilbride looks like a ****ing genius.

But in my opinion, having a QB that can hit bombs is more a reflection on the QB than the coordinator.

I'm sure if the Giants had Drew Brees, everyone would be singing Gilbride's praises.

But substitute Christian Ponder for Eli Manning, and it would become apparent just how much of a share of the offensive success belongs with Eli Manning.

There's a reason why the Giants beat the Patriots twice on their final drives.......and that was Eli Manning, not Gilbride.

Gilbride is an NFL-caliber assistant, but that's about the most I'll say about him.
      Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 01-06-2013, 03:05 PM.
      "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

• Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
        I've said this before....when Eli is playing lights-out, Gilbride looks like a ****ing genius.

But in my opinion, having a QB that can hit bombs is more a reflection on the QB than the coordinator.

I'm sure if the Giants had Drew Brees, everyone would be singing Gilbride's praises.

But substitute Christian Ponder for Eli Manning, and it would become apparent just how much of a share of the offensive success belongs with Eli Manning.

There's a reason why the Giants beat the Patriots twice on their final drives.......and that was Eli Manning, not Gilbride.

Gilbride is an NFL-caliber assistant, but that's about the most I'll say about him.
        Exactly. The system that our OC has in place calls for big plays and virtually lights out play to make it work. This is the reverse of the type of offense that Mike Shannahan runs.

Comment

• Do people understand that we had injuries to one of our best receiver Nicks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
            Do people understand that we had injuries to one of our best receiver Nicks?
            And yet we still played him.
            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• The second half collapses - i believe we were 2 and 2 down the stretch - but even so it must be on the offense - not the d that let up 80 plus points - nope its all gilbride. How do you account for the 2 sb rings in 9 years?

How do you account for the top offenses - how do you account for the 6th most points in the league - right its peyton coaching its eli outplaying gilbride (who implements TC's system) and its players executing in spite of Gilbrides horrible system - cmon man - give the guy credit.

Comment

• Originally posted by dave56dj View Post
                The second half collapses - i believe we were 2 and 2 down the stretch - but even so it must be on the offense - not the d that let up 80 plus points - nope its all gilbride. How do you account for the 2 sb rings in 9 years?
                Eli and the pass rush and corey webster acting like a shutdown cornerback.
                sigpic

Comment

• Very upset that Fewell remains when we could get better at DC

Our defense has been the bottom of the barrel the last two years and we were considered having the best front four in football...REALLY!!! I didn't see that! No aggression out of this team what-so-ever! We need LB's that have impacting playing skills...not band-aids! It is so frustrating to see a lead put up and then lose it.

its not tosay our offense was not to blame there but one could realistically look at our offense and see that the biggest weakness truely was our Oline which is a personel issue.

Defensively it is across the board and DC that doesn't know how to use the talent he has...even a decent DC can do that!

Comment

The second half collapses - i believe we were 2 and 2 down the stretch - but even so it must be on the offense - not the d that let up 80 plus points - nope its all gilbride. How do you account for the 2 sb rings in 9 years?

How do you account for the top offenses - how do you account for the 6th most points in the league - right its peyton coaching its eli outplaying gilbride (who implements TC's system) and its players executing in spite of Gilbrides horrible system - cmon man - give the guy credit.
                    We were 3-5 down the stretch.
                    2 SB's in 9 years is great. Second half collapses and missing the playoffs are not..which tells me one thing.

Gilbrides offense works if it's perfect, if it's not well executed/figured out, we are in trouble. I never said anything about Peyton coaching Eli or outplaying Gilbride or all that hoopla. Gilbride HAS to make adjustments when adjustments are needed. Not when we are losing 5 games in a row..not when we are 7-7 pushing for a playoff spot. It worked last year, didn't work this year. That's inconsistency at its best.

Comment

• But my god can we not take in the overall picture - can you not look at the offense in 9 years and realize it has been consistently good. That as a coach he has overseen a very productive unit.

2 sb's is UNREAL. 14 teams have none - 7 one - 4 more have 2 in their lifetimes. Yes a collapse is painful but this is the nfl where parody rules and the fact that he has had so many top offenses is UNREAL and yet no one is willing to give him credit. Its eli, or good execution (which is NEEDED BY EVERY OFFENSE) or the players. No his system has worked very well for big blue and TC is an excellent coach, maybe our best in history at least 2nd best and yet you all know better then him.

Comment

But my god can we not take in the overall picture - can you not look at the offense in 9 years and realize it has been consistently good. That as a coach he has overseen a very productive unit.

2 sb's is UNREAL. 14 teams have none - 7 one - 4 more have 2 in their lifetimes. Yes a collapse is painful but this is the nfl where parody rules and the fact that he has had so many top offenses is UNREAL and yet no one is willing to give him credit. Its eli, or good execution (which is NEEDED BY EVERY OFFENSE) or the players. No his system has worked very well for big blue and TC is an excellent coach, maybe our best in history at least 2nd best and yet you all know better then him.
                        +1. Awesome and the truth.

Comment

But my god can we not take in the overall picture - can you not look at the offense in 9 years and realize it has been consistently good. That as a coach he has overseen a very productive unit.

Ok so statistically the offense has been good for 9 years, and we've stilled struggled down the stretch. I wouldn't say anything if it didn't happen almost every single year. I'm not even knocking the system, I'm knocking his ability to make adjustments when adjustments are needed. I don't think that's me thinking I know it all.

Comment

• Ruudy why is that all on gilbride? Im just not understanding why the blame is on him. There are 3 units. Personally i think injury and schedule are bigger factors but yes all 3 units have not been good enough in late stretches - unless you mean 07 and 11 when they were SUPER.

Comment

Ruudy why is that all on gilbride? Im just not understanding why the blame is on him. There are 3 units. Personally i think injury and schedule are bigger factors but yes all 3 units have not been good enough in late stretches - unless you mean 07 and 11 when they were SUPER.
                              Another +1 for you. You are winning the arguement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                                Ok so statistically the offense has been good for 9 years, and we've stilled struggled down the stretch. I wouldn't say anything if it didn't happen almost every single year. I'm not even knocking the system, I'm knocking his ability to make adjustments when adjustments are needed. I don't think that's me thinking I know it all.
                                Come on Rudy.

Comment

Working...
                                X