Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those that believe Gilbride is a really good coach please ask yourself 1 question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dave56dj View Post
    Ruudy why is that all on gilbride? Im just not understanding why the blame is on him. There are 3 units. Personally i think injury and schedule are bigger factors but yes all 3 units have not been good enough in late stretches - unless you mean 07 and 11 when they were SUPER.
    It's not all on Gilbride, I never said it was ALL HIS FAULT. Part of it is in fact execution, injuries, etc etc.

The reason I question Gilbride more is because we were I believe 2nd in the league in scoring I believe at one point? Then all of a sudden our offense production to a HUGE drop. So it's either all of our players forgot how to play football, or something in the game plan is not working.
    Last edited by Rudy; 01-06-2013, 04:53 PM.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• And yes ruudy the offense failed in those two embarrasments to atlanta and balt but they also gave up 67 points. They were awful as a team - it certainly wasn't on one unit.

I guess what im saying is FANS absolutely love to kill coordinators and coaches - there is no bigger or more hackneyed past time - its old and silly. Especially in the giants case - especially when your team has a top offense almost every year in his existence. Especially when some of the claims are I can call a shotgun draw (not many other ways to run out of gun) or man he throws to much or man i hate how much he runs - NO NO NO - his offenses have been statistically better then most teams in the NFL for 9 years and fans just want scapegoats and the coordinators are usually the easiest guys to blame.
      Last edited by dave56dj; 01-06-2013, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
        Come on Rudy.
        I don't know how to respond to "Come on Rudy" lol..if you could elaborate on that, that would be great.

Comment

And yes ruudy the offense failed in those two embarrasments to atlanta and balt but they also gave up 67 points. They were awful as a team - it certainly wasn't on one unit.
          Of course, you're absolutely right. Just this particular thread is about Gilbride so I focused on him a little bit more.

Comment

• well im asking you to focus on what the drones will not - the fact that gilbride has constantly put up good offenses through the years and yet most fans still think its the players and nothing to do with him even though he is a common denominator. Seems silly and an easy blame game.

Comment

well im asking you to focus on what the drones will not - the fact that gilbride has constantly put up good offenses through the years and yet most fans still think its the players and nothing to do with him even though he is a common denominator. Seems silly and an easy blame game.
              As I said, when it's time to make adjustments or any sort of change..Gilbride is extremely hesitant to do so unless we are facing elimination. When Gilbride's game plan works it's fine, when it doesn't it looks a hot mess. It's all about making adjustments for me. Players should get equal blame as well. Gilbride doesn't drop balls or stop on his route or throw picks. But he is somewhat responsible.

Comment

• i think 9 years of top offenses shows he is actually pretty damned good at almost every aspect of offense including adjustments.

Comment

i think 9 years of top offenses shows he is actually pretty damned good at almost every aspect of offense including adjustments.
                  Yeah, we' re going to have to disagree definitely on this one.

Comment

• Let me just say that this thread has some serious legs!
                    Any Eli thread is a guaranteed 250 posts but this one is well past that with no sing of letting up.
                    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

• Gilbride is not what some of you make him out to be.. He's average at best. He's been fortuanate to have a top rated offesnse with so many weapons. that is all, and the fact the offense struggled so much this season with all the talent, and the non adjustments and all of the collapses points to that..
                      sigpic

Comment

• 6th most points in the league - ouch big time struggle - SO Hilarious that he has a top rated offense -ITS HIS OFFENSE - he installed it - you don't inherit it. He has got it done with different personnel for 9 years. Im not saying he is amazing - but cmon - stats dont lie. and again TC thinks he's pretty good but again you must know better then one of the best coaches in our history - as do most of you on these boards.

Comment

• It is amazing how folks totally discount stats when it is used to praise Eli but use stats to defend our piece of garbage OC.

Comment

• Who said I ignore anything to do with eli - greatest qb in our history but just cause you have a great qb doesnt always mean you will have a great offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                              I've said this before....when Eli is playing lights-out, Gilbride looks like a ****ing genius.

But in my opinion, having a QB that can hit bombs is more a reflection on the QB than the coordinator.

I'm sure if the Giants had Drew Brees, everyone would be singing Gilbride's praises.

But substitute Christian Ponder for Eli Manning, and it would become apparent just how much of a share of the offensive success belongs with Eli Manning.

There's a reason why the Giants beat the Patriots twice on their final drives.......and that was Eli Manning, not Gilbride.

Gilbride is an NFL-caliber assistant, but that's about the most I'll say about him.
                              I disagree. His time pasted 10 years ago, sadly, hes been here for Eli's tenure and we cant get rid of him; as it would disrupt Elis progress...YAWN!

It will be a good day when KG is not the OC anymore. If I had his experience, I promise you this team would be unstoppable offensively. His disconnect with player personnel is astounding, in a bad way.

His one out of the ordinary play was actually stolen from me. I'd love to be joking but unfortunately its not a joke. He actually took a play I designed several days earlier and used it on the first play of the drive; although he decided to use bradshaw, who got caught after a huge gain, whereas Wilson woulda took it to the house.Again, lack of confidence and player personnel bit us (somewhat) on that play. Granted we won the game convincingly anyways but still, that wuld have been a nice time to use Wilson; unless he though it would be too obvious....suuuuuuuuuuuure!

NY GIANTS ... NY METS ... UNC TAR HEELS ... CHICAGO BULLS

Originally posted by Generation Eli
                              1 and done, and its not even close

Packers 30
                              Giants 13

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                                Yeah, we' re going to have to disagree definitely on this one.
                                Dave won the arguement by a lot of points.

Comment

Working...
                                X