Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those that believe Gilbride is a really good coach please ask yourself 1 question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
    Regardless, the deep ball wasn't effective this year.
    Agreed it wasn't as effective. However, Eli wasn't off enough to warrant abandoning the deep game.

And again, KG doesn't dictate to Eli where to throw the ball in a given play and not all routes on all plays are run deep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
      So why are you argueing? If he gave Eli plays to choose from then Eli has options not one play right?
      I'm saying some of those plays arent great for certain situations lol.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I'm saying some of those plays arent great for certain situations lol.
        Well then get on Eli cause since he has choices of plays to choose from and he picks a certain play, it is his fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
          Well then get on Eli cause since he has choices of plays to choose from and he picks a certain play, it is his fault.
          So it's basically Eli's fault then...

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
            That is a very legitimate question. Eli has some issues throwing short passes. Is that because we do not do it so much or do we not do it so much because he doesn’t do it well?

This is the thing. Players have strengths and flaws. The coaches and coordinators need to recognize and address those issues. They need to nurture those strengths in their players and help them improve the weaknesses. If Eli has an issue with the short pass then that needs to be addressed and it is a failure on the coaching for not addressing it sooner because it has been an issue for years as has his poor decision making at times. Don’t get me wrong, we have had awesome success over the past five years and I am grateful for that but it still doesn’t mean that we rest on our laurels and don’t try to improve. This season there seemed to be a lack of sense of urgency that really hurt and the coaches needed to address that.
            Here's my problem with beating up on Gilbride ad nauseum. The facts, as I believe them to be are:

1. Gilbride calls the offense
            2. Eli gets at least two plays to choose between (among) depending on what defense he sees at the LOS
            3..The decision is Eli's at that point in time
            4. On pass plays, Eli chooses the receiver to be targeted (based on a lot of factors, all happening in under 5 seconds)
            5. If Eli prefers long balls, would that result in forcing more balls than he should?

This is not an "it's Eli's fault" issue. I'm not big on assigning blame when it takes the entire team to win and lose games. Like everyone else, I'd like to know why certain things seem to happen when we have as much talent as we do.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              One more time. If Eli were to be more comfortable with airing it out, would he tend to force long balls? Once he has the plays from Gilbride, Eli decides what play to run and who to throw to on passing plays.

For the record I've never said he doesn't feel comfortable with a short passing game, you said that. I'm simply asking a question about the possibility that Eli might have a preference.
              However there are just so many plays Eli audible to or just change with the package that is out there.

Comment

However there are just so many plays Eli audible to or just change with the package that is out there.
                I get that, but the final decision is his.
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

So it's basically Eli's fault then...
                  Yes cause Eli has choices. If he didn't then I would agree with ya.

Comment

I get that, but the final decision is his.
                    Yes it is but then again, that is where coaching comes in to help him develop those decision making skills.

Comment

Yes it is but then again, that is where coaching comes in to help him develop those decision making skills.
                      Very complicated process

Comment

Very complicated process
                        Yes it is. However, it is about giving the player options and helping to nurture him to pick the right option. I know it is just my opinion but I really do think that a part of Eli’s success in 2011 was due to speaking with Peyton on a regular basis throughout the season about his play.

Comment

Yes it is. However, it is about giving the player options and helping to nurture him to pick the right option. I know it is just my opinion but I really do think that a part of Eli’s success in 2011 was due to speaking with Peyton on a regular basis throughout the season about his play.
                          I like that Eli has the options. He's a smart player.

Comment

Exactly. Look at how Mike Shannahan has it set up with the dink and dunk short and middle passes. The system is set up for success even if you miss a play or two while ours relies too much on the deep pass. Our offensive gameplans are too predictable.
                            Man, that system is beastly. They've put up a whopping 14 points so far.

Comment

I like that Eli has the options. He's a smart player.
                              Obviously not if all those dumb plays are all his fault.

Comment

Obviously not if all those dumb plays are all his fault.
                                So, let me get this straight. Essentially what you are saying is that any play that doesn't result in a positive is a bad decision? Why can't something be a good decision, but poorly realized?

Comment

Working...
                                X