Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those that believe Gilbride is a really good coach please ask yourself 1 question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
    You just posted about how his scheme is tired and not creative enough being the reason the giants offense struggles and gilbride doesnt get a HC job.
    No.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

So you are saying the system Gilbride runs has nothing to do with why he doesnt get a HC job?

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
        And you don't think if Coughlin still wanted to coach and for whatever reason left the Giants that he wouldn't be highly courted?
        I'm just gonna stop you right here. What exactly is it that you're trying to prove by bringing this up? You said this:

Right, he doesn't have the fire or personality to be a HC. He's purely an X and O guy.

That's plausible. I would accept that claim. Why the hell are you asking though? Purely an X and O guy, fine! That skill-set is much better suited as an OC, and it's translated into a statistically
        successful offense, and two SBs.
        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

He's an offensive Wade Phillips. He has the intelligence to put out a fantastic scheme and get the most from his 11 players but any responsibility past coordinating an offense and he struggles mightily.

Comment

I guess ****Lebeau isn't a good DC in PIT since he hasn't been a head coach since 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
              I guess ****Lebeau isn't a good DC in PIT since he hasn't been a head coach yet.
              He has been a HC. In 2002 for the Bengals.
              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

So you are saying the system Gilbride runs has nothing to do with why he doesnt get a HC job?
                Yes.

I'm saying I don't know why he doesn't get a HC job. Aside from his age and the fact he's monotone and probably wouldn't be a great motivator he clearly isn't as great as some fans make him out to be. His scheme is great if you can execute it as well as mix in some plays. It's a great base offense to run but you need to mix it up with different routes and not just leave every play up to the receiver. Everything is predicated on the receiver beating their man and if that doesn't happen we look like ****. Not to mention you cannot wait 5-7 seconds for every play to develop down field just to get a completion. Especially if your O-line is struggling.. Defenses get paid too.

Comment

Yes..
                  I dont understand the point of this thread then. Gilbride has a great system, which when in a younger coach gets a ton of praise and attention.

So the point of this thread is to what, complain that Gilbride is old?

Comment

I guess ****Lebeau isn't a good DC in PIT since he hasn't been a head coach since 2002.
                    He doesn't want to be a HC smart ***... he's content with being a DC.. and a damn good one.

Gilbride has obviously been seeking a head coaching gig the past couple years.

Comment

They have more to do with each other than you like to believe.
                      True dat.

Comment

He doesn't want to be a HC smart ***... he's content with being a DC.. and a damn good one.
                        Don't get all huffy when people pick apart your inept posts.

Gilbride has obviously been seeking a head coaching gig the past couple years.
                        Don't post stuff that you have no idea about.
                        Last edited by moosedrool; 01-01-2013, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Gilbride was already a HC once with the Chargers and failed miserably. He is what he is. Capers, LeBeau, Phillips...all guys who don't have what it takes to be a HC.

Comment

I dont understand the point of this thread then. Gilbride has a great system, which when in a younger coach gets a ton of praise and attention.

So the point of this thread is to what, complain that Gilbride is old?
                            I never once brought up age, someone else did. 61 is not that old especially if you're in good health which he is.'

If he's so good other teams would want him and they don't. Period.

The talent surrounding him masks his incompetence at times, that's all.

Comment

If he's so good other teams would want him and they don't. Period.
                              Because hes 61. Not many teams are hiring 60+ year old head coaches.

Comment

Don't get all huffy when people pick apart your inept posts.

Don't post stuff that you have no idea about.
                                You didn't pick apart anything. You made a smart-*** sarcastic statement and you expected what exactly?

Comment

Working...
                                X