Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those that believe Gilbride is a really good coach please ask yourself 1 question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • For those that believe Gilbride is a really good coach please ask yourself 1 question

    Just ask yourself this... since he's been vying (for years, and that is well documented) for a head coaching position than why has not a single team offered him a job? Coordinators are free game every single year. The Gilbride enthusiasts always bring up the point he's won two super bowls. So if he's so accomplished why does he not appeal to any football team in the collegiate or NFL level.

    Gilbride supporters also bring up that our offense is generally always tops in the league... blah blah blah

    Don't you think with a top QB in Eli and the superior talent surrounding him that we should always have top offense no matter who the OC is?


    Gilbride is a good to average OC. He's nothing more, nothing less and we can absolutely do better and also do worse.

    I'd love the opportunity to allow someone to do better.


    He's here for at least another season so this is the last Gilbride topic I will make, scouts honor ... and we can win despite him.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

  • #2
    Because hes 61 years old.

    And he was in fact a head coach for a year in the NFL.

    Comment


    • #3
      Being a good HC and a good coordinator have absolute nothing to do with each other. Some guys are just not cut out to be HC's, despite being excellent coordinators, i.e. **** LeBeau.

      So, can people stop bringing this subject up like it's some indictment of KG as an OC; it's just ignorant and makes you look foolish.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
        Because hes 61 years old.

        And he was in fact a head coach for a year in the NFL.
        Right, he doesn't have the fire or personality to be a HC. He's purely an X and O guy. I don't see him anything more than that but my gripe is, is his scheme is tired. Ge doesn't ever step outside of the box and I'm not talking about throwing in a flea flicker like some fans suggest every year lol. He's just so blah and bland which is predictable.

        Everything is predicated on the big play and Eli Manning... you cannot rely on that every single game, it's asinine.


        Teams are using his sight adjustment scheme to benefit their defense.
        "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

        Comment


        • #5
          If his scheme is tired, why is Mike Sullivan such a hot commodity when he is running the same system?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
            If his scheme is tired, why is Mike Sullivan such a hot commodity when he is running the same system?
            After one year, mind you.
            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Drez View Post
              Being a good HC and a good coordinator have absolute nothing to do with each other. Some guys are just not cut out to be HC's, despite being excellent coordinators, i.e. **** LeBeau.

              So, can people stop bringing this subject up like it's some indictment of KG as an OC; it's just ignorant and makes you look foolish.
              They have more to do with each other than you like to believe.
              "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                If his scheme is tired, why is Mike Sullivan such a hot commodity when he is running the same system?
                Surprised he is already getting HC interviews with the Bears. That was awfully quick.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
                  They have more to do with each other than you like to believe.
                  Such as?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                    If his scheme is tired, why is Mike Sullivan such a hot commodity when he is running the same system?
                    Who wouldn't want a bad *** like that? The guy knows jiu jitsu and is a former marine if I remember correctly.

                    Kidding though..


                    Seriously he's still relatively young and has a lot to offer, not only as an OC. He's also a good players coach.
                    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
                      Who wouldn't want a bad *** like that? The guy knows jiu jitsu and is a former marine if I remember correctly.

                      Kidding though..


                      Seriously he's still relatively young and has a lot to offer, not only as an OC.
                      And Gilbride isn't, simple as that.
                      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
                        Seriously he's still relatively young and has a lot to offer, not only as an OC. He's also a good players coach.
                        But i thought the scheme was the reason Gilbride didnt get any jobs?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                          But i thought the scheme was the reason Gilbride didnt get any jobs?
                          Nope, never once said that.

                          I said his scheme is what's hindering us at times. If you noticed this season teams would noticeably bait Nicks and Cruz into the route they wanted them to take like using cheese to catch a mouse. They set a trap. Our division has figured out his scheme and other teams are catching on a bit.

                          Doesn't mean our talent cannot overcome that but that doesn't mean there is no fault there. We weren't able to this season because of Nicks' health.
                          "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
                            Nope, never once said that.

                            I said his scheme is what's hindering us at times. If you noticed this season teams would noticeably bait Nicks and Cruz into the route they wanted them to take like using cheese to catch a mouse. They set a trap. Our division has figured out his scheme and other teams are catching on a bit.

                            Doesn't mean our talent cannot overcome that but that doesn't mean there is no fault there. We weren't able to this season because of Nicks' health.
                            You just posted about how his scheme is tired and not creative enough being the reason the giants offense struggles and gilbride doesnt get a HC job.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                              And Gilbride isn't, simple as that.
                              And you don't think that if Coughlin still wanted to coach and for whatever reason left the Giants that he wouldn't be highly courted?
                              Last edited by NYG4lifeNYK; 01-01-2013, 06:30 PM.
                              "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X