No announcement yet.

LT vs. Ray Lewis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to give you the news young Giants fans, but LT was a MACHINE, teams changed their offenses do to that man, ask Joe Gibbs about LT. Not saying anything negative in regards to Ray Lewis who is a great LB as well, but not in LT's class.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxppgTXECK4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n826EL1T6q8 lawrence taylor highlights http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYBqhZQskKk
    Last edited by The_ One; 01-02-2013, 08:50 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RUN BRADSHAW View Post
      Sorry, but LT played at a different time when the caliber of player was lower.
      So one was a man amongst boys, the other was good but not so much that you can say that.
      8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Originally posted by NYGfanNC View Post
        I saw a poll on ESPN asking who was the greater linebacker. Lewis vs. LT. 52% said LT 48% said Ray Lewis. Yes, Lewis had a great career but do almost half of the people that follow football think that he was better than LT? That's crazy. LT was by far the best ever.

If Ray had the chance to smoke crack on the sideline he might have been the best LB hands down. But he didn't. So i say as a Giants fan Ray and LT are hands down tied. I like them both.

Comment

Originally posted by RUN BRADSHAW View Post
          Sorry, but LT played at a different time when the caliber of player was lower.

Ray Lewis is a beast and the best.

-Giants fan.

LMFAO

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
            Giants fan or not that assessment is dead wrong. The fact is that pre-salary cap football allowed teams to assemble some of the best talent ever, far more than will ever be possible in the salary cap era.

The difference is as simple as this: when you walked away from some of the best games Ray Lewis played in his prime you were left with the thought of "Wow that may be the best player on defense in the game right now.", but when you finished watching some of the best games that LT played in his prime you left the game saying"Wow, that could be the most dominant football player I've ever seen ever!"

I've never seen Ray Lewis dominate a game on the level of LT. This isn't even a good argument. This argument could only be made by people that didn't see LT play or don't remember how good he was.

FYI I am a lifetime Ray Lewis fan. I have followed his career since he played at Miami, but this is just CRAZY TALK!!!

It's the whole era thing. If LT came into the league now, he'd still revolutionize the game. Out of this world talent coupled with unbelievable drive and desire is timeless.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGfanNC View Post
              I saw a poll on ESPN asking who was the greater linebacker. Lewis vs. LT. 52% said LT 48% said Ray Lewis. Yes, Lewis had a great career but do almost half of the people that follow football think that he was better than LT? That's crazy. LT was by far the best ever.
              LT played a long time ago.....most of these people never saw him play

I really have not seen a lot of Ray Lewis but I'd compare Lewis to **** Butkus not LT who was incredibly fast and strong. Lewis is a poor man's **** Butkus. There is no LT comparable...........he was like Michael Jordan was to basketball.......absolutely peerless

And Lewis although he played Butkus style was no **** Butkus............I'd put Brad Van Pelt in front of Lewis. Lewis is/was top 10 of all time but not top 5

Comment

Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
                LT played a long time ago.....most of these people never saw him play

I really have not seen a lot of Ray Lewis but I'd compare Lewis to **** Butkus not LT who was incredibly fast and strong. Lewis is a poor man's **** Butkus. There is no LT comparable...........he was like Michael Jordan was to basketball.......absolutely peerless

And Lewis although he played Butkus style was no **** Butkus............I'd put Brad Van Pelt in front of Lewis. Lewis is/was top 10 of all time but not top 5
                I see Ray Lewis as more of a Singletary ....who was absolutely awesome in the truest sense of the word

and I personally think Harry Carson was a better player than Ray Lewis

no disrespect to Ray.....just extra respect to Carson

Comment

Not arguing Lewis cause i have already made my opinion clear - but just wanna say ray lewis is not a poor mans anyone - he is one of the greats with Butkus and Nitscke. Personally I think he exceeded Singletary but mike was a helluva Mike as well.

Comment

if you want to factor in longevity Lewis is #1 in the fact he played at a high level so long...........Van Pelt unfortunately like LT did too much coke (Brian Kelly dated my roomate).....those guys burned both ends of the candle-
                    Last edited by BParcells777; 01-02-2013, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dave56dj View Post
                      Not arguing Lewis cause i have already made my opinion clear - but just wanna say ray lewis is not a poor mans anyone - he is one of the greats with Butkus and Nitscke. Personally I think he exceeded Singletary but mike was a helluva Mike as well.
                      How do you know this? I've seen maybe 5 Ravens games in my life- do you live down that way?
                      Lewis did hit like Butkus

Funny the hardest hitter I ever saw was Larry Wilson (175lbs soaking wet) but Wilson had this karate like shoulder hit that knocked people out cold- he played free saftey for the cardinals
                      Last edited by BParcells777; 01-02-2013, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dave56dj View Post

Ok maybe he was top 5......but not top 4

Comment

Lewis couldn't quite take over a game like LT. But LT was self-destructive-drugs, booze, poor training habits. His 5 best years were better than Lewis' 5 best years, but Lewis's career was a heckuva a lot more productive.

Comment

I wasnt old enough to watch LT is his prime so I cant really say. I seen a lot of Lewis and he is one of my favorite players he has to be one of the top players ever right up with the greats
                            The Gigalo with the most below

Comment

Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
                              There is no LT comparable...........he was like Michael Jordan was to basketball.......absolutely peerless.
                              You took the words out of my mouth. Jordan revolutionized basketball because he did things nobody ever dreamed a human being could do. Exactly the same with LT. Nobody ever thought a guy that big and strong could be so quick and fast. Nobody ever thought that a defender could cause so many fumbles, that a pass-rusher could get to the QB so quickly, that he could run through blockers as if they weren't there. As Madden used to say, LT was the first defender ever to be able to turn a game around.

Comment

I witnessed LT throw 320 tackles out of the way like they were made of cardboard.........the man was superhuman

Comment

Working...
                                X