Eli Says He "Needed To Play Better"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
    whats the good of having a guy on the roster who the coaches are afraid to play, why carry him at all. I saw plenty of times when I thought Barden would get in and change up the offense a litle especially in goal line situations but it never happened so why pay this guy and have him take up a roster spot..
    He played as much as any #4 or #5 would...

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      Maybe we over think this stuff. Barden has a place on the depth chart, as does everyone else. He's been passed over by every other wide receiver on the team since he's been here with the possible exception of Jernigan. By your account, having two good games in four years proves what, exactly?

All most say is "he's tall" as though that automatically translates into play maker. I'm expecting him to be released this offseason along with Beckum.
      I was right there with you on that until his two big (back to back) games THIS year. We definitely had games afterwards we needed him in (if he could have produced again that is). It seemed like he finally got on the same page with the routes. His hand strength has gotten a lot better. He's never going to be a burner, but his size makes him a potentially great possession receiver.

I'm just surprised we gave up on him in a year where we needed that kind of player and after he showed up no less.
      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
        I was right there with you on that until his two big (back to back) games THIS year. We definitely had games afterwards we needed him in (if he could have produced again that is). It seemed like he finally got on the same page with the routes. His hand strength has gotten a lot better. He's never going to be a burner, but his size makes him a potentially great possession receiver.

I'm just surprised we gave up on him in a year where we needed that kind of player and after he showed up no less.
        We'll see what they think if he's here next season.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Barden had one big game and made other key plays. This guy could easily be put in more often. We have him warm the bench then expect him to go out on the field and be a top notch receiver. This is an example of another player who can really contribute but we use like a "break glass in case of emergency" guy. Spotscasters said he catches the ball well and at his height and strength is a guy Eli can throw to similar to a Plaxico. Play him or trade him. I believe if we trade him he's going to show case his talents and we're going to kick ourselves for letting him go.

Comment

Originally posted by eml View Post
            Play him or trade him. I believe if we trade him he's going to show case his talents and we're going to kick ourselves for letting him go.
            He's a free agent...

Comment

i agree with u eli, u need to play better. that said, thank u for yet again placing the blame inwards and not projecting it, being a selfless player. I still believe there was a ton that eli did amazing, but his issues have never been the highs, its been the lows. hes gotta raise the consistency to '11, 09, 08 and postseason levels...

Comment

Eli is right . . he needs to play better.

Comment

i don't mind mea culpas from players.

i certainly prefer that to the usual fan solution of fire everyone because we have to change if we want to be better.

sometimes everyone just has to do better than they did last year.
                  sigpic

Comment

Even Eli is saying Nicks playing hurt was hurting the offense. Why was the coaching staff allowing that to go on when Randle and Barden played well when they had their chances to start in place of Nicks?

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      Maybe we over think this stuff. Barden has a place on the depth chart, as does everyone else. He's been passed over by every other wide receiver on the team since he's been here with the possible exception of Jernigan. By your account, having two good games in four years proves what, exactly?

All most say is "he's tall" as though that automatically translates into play maker. I'm expecting him to be released this offseason along with Beckum.
                      +1

Cruz is the example of if you excel you're going to get a position on this team and play regularly.

this idea that we have all of this unbelievable talent that the coaching staff willfully ignores is getting embarrassing for the fans that continually suggest that's the case.

you either trust this coaching staff or you don't. i'm sick of fans that will celebrate multiple SB wins but then act like it was a glorious accident the other 364 days of the year.
                      sigpic

Comment

People who are saying it was Eli and only Eli that costed us the season need a reality check... Eli didnt give up 31 to Cincy, 34 to Atlanta, and 33 to Baltimore. Throw numbers in that game out the window.. When your behind early you are forced to pass and your gameplan goes out the window. Our Defense and many other aspects of our team let us down.. Eli IMO is the least of our concerns as to why this season was a failure.
                        Stop Booing Tiki Barber.

Comment

No one said it was him alone, but he is the $100 million man and he had as much to do with their season as anyone if not more. No, he didn't give up 31 to the Bengals. He did throw two picks that set them up in the red zone and didn't do anything else in that game to put points on the board. He did throw two picks against the Falcons which set them up in the red zone twice. His unit also got shut out. The offense had way to many 3 and outs and way to many field goal attempts. They stunk in the red zone.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                            i agree with u eli, u need to play better. that said, thank u for yet again placing the blame inwards and not projecting it, being a selfless player. I still believe there was a ton that eli did amazing, but his issues have never been the highs, its been the lows. hes gotta raise the consistency to '11, 09, 08 and postseason levels...
                            Have you ever heard him say that a loss was "his fault". I never have. I've heard Ben do it. I've heard many other QB's do it. Eli never does.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                              ehh...what else do you want him to say......
                              Well for starters he should blame that pimple of a OC, Kevin Gilbride. And of course don't leave out David Diehl and our offensive line.
                              Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                Have you ever heard him say that a loss was "his fault". I never have. I've heard Ben do it. I've heard many other QB's do it. Eli never does.
                                Why does he have to publicly acknowledge that?
                                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Working...
                                X