• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RoanokeFan
    started a topic Eli Says He "Needed To Play Better"

Eli Says He "Needed To Play Better"

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...to-play-better

Excerpt: "Eli Manning had two of the best games he has ever had this season.

He set career-highs of 510 yards passing against Tampa Bay and threw for five touchdowns in the season finale against Philadelphia.

But overall, 2012 was a bit of a step back for Manning. Coming off his best season ever in 2011, Manning failed to throw for 4,000 yards and 27 touchdowns for the first time since 2008.

“I don’t think it was as good as it needed to be,” Manning said on his weekly appearance on WFAN radio of his play this past season. “I think there were a couple of games where (I) wasn’t as on and I needed to play better.”

As hot as Manning got in the Tampa and Philadelphia wins, he also went ice cold at times.

He had a three-game touchdown drought in the middle of the season -– the worst stretch since his rookie season which sparked speculation of a tired arm –- and threw for one touchdown or less in 10 games this season.

Manning admitted that Hakeem Nicks’ knee injury robbed the offense of a lot.

“Not having Hakeem 100 percent for most of the season really the last 10 weeks can hurt,” Manning said. “He is out there playing hurt and you love that toughness about him.

“It just made it tough when you are starting a receiver who’s got to win those one-on-one matchups and is your deep threat and playmaker,” Manning continued. “It can be tough to adjust to that and timing was off on a number of things.”

Not having a consistent third receiving threat also hurt as the Giants struggled to replace Mario Manningham.

Manning said having the stability of the same head coach and offensive coordinator beside him will help in the offseason." Read more...

• Sarcasman
    replied
    Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Lol no I wrote that and then re-checked at it was the 8th....still a heck of a steal that late
    Wow - what a steal!

Leave a comment:

• egyptian420
    replied
    Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
    The 11th round? Is that a typo?
    Lol no I wrote that and then re-checked at it was the 8th....still a heck of a steal that late

Leave a comment:

• Morehead State
    replied
    Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
    Well that explains the man-crush.

My boss traded AR away for Vick a couple of years in our keeper league (AR now counts as a 10th rounder). That guy has won our league the last two years running.

Ok I give up ... Eli sucks! $#_($&#_(&(_@&@#(_&*+_$&+$&)#+@)+@

Actually having Decker and Colston didn't hurt either. My team was friggin stacked. And I started 0-3 as well.
    I won my championship match by 130 + points. (2 week final)

Leave a comment:

• Kruunch
    replied
    Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    I left my poor fellow Giants MB posters in the dust. My margin of victories in the playoffs had to be all time FF records.
    Well that explains the man-crush.

My boss traded AR away for Vick a couple of years in our keeper league (AR now counts as a 10th rounder). That guy has won our league the last two years running.

Ok I give up ... Eli sucks! $#_($&#_(&(_@&@#(_&*+_$&+$&)#+@)+@

Leave a comment:

• Sarcasman
    replied
    Actually I looked at the draft and I got AP early in the 3rd. I drafted DeMarco Murray in the second.
    Apparently you're insane because he's an 11th rounder.

I read it on the internet, so that means it's true.

Leave a comment:

• Sarcasman
    replied
    Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
    AP went in the 8th round in our league, no one wanted to touch him with that ACL, this guy had such a cinderella story going for him, too bad he couldn't break the record, that would've been the icing on the cake

The 11th round? Is that a typo?

Leave a comment:

• Morehead State
    replied
    NIce. He went late 1 and early 2 in the two leagues I was in but they were large leagues.
    Actually I looked at the draft and I got AP early in the 3rd. I drafted DeMarco Murray in the second.

Leave a comment:

• egyptian420
    replied
    What the hell kind of competition allows you to draft both AP and Rodgers? Are there other football fans in this league?

Oh wait...GIants MB league...never mind.
    AP went in the 8th round in our league, no one wanted to touch him with that ACL, this guy had such a cinderella story going for him, too bad he couldn't break the record, that would've been the icing on the cake

Leave a comment:

• Sarcasman
    replied
    Don't forget that AP was coming off an ACL. He went in rounds 2 or 3 in most FF drafts. No one took him in the first round. I got him near the end of the second round in a 10 team league.
    NIce. He went late 1 and early 2 in the two leagues I was in but they were large leagues.

Leave a comment:

• Morehead State
    replied
    What the hell kind of competition allows you to draft both AP and Rodgers? Are there other football fans in this league?

Don't forget that AP was coming off an ACL. He went in rounds 2 or 3 in most FF drafts. No one took him in the first round. I got him near the end of the second round in a 10 team league.

Leave a comment:

• Sarcasman
    replied
    I left my poor fellow Giants MB posters in the dust. My margin of victories in the playoffs had to be all time FF records.

Leave a comment:

• Morehead State
    replied
    Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
    I hate you.

P.S. - I had AP as well ... that guy is simply inhuman.

Leave a comment:

• egyptian420
    replied
    Sigh....I hope he gets asked if he's elite next year and starts a controversy by saying he is

Leave a comment:

• Kruunch
    replied
    Aaron Rodgers and AP did me just fine in the GMB league.
    I hate you.

P.S. - I had AP as well ... that guy is simply inhuman.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X