Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ahmad Bradshaw uncertain of future (NFL.com)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahmad Bradshaw uncertain of future (NFL.com)

LINK

New York Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw admitted he is uncertain about his future in the Big Apple.

The two-time Super Bowl champion has spent his entire six-year NFL career with the Giants, but he said while cleaning out his locker on Monday that he can't be certain the team will bring him back.

"I'm all in. That's how I've been since I've been here," he said, via The Star-Ledger. "I bleed red, white and blue and that's what it's about with me right now. I can't go into any other details about it, but I will always be a Giant forever."

Read More...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Translation: My role model was Brandon Jacobs, when it should have been Eli Manning.

P.S. - I wouldn't lose a lick of sleep if we cut Bradshaw. He was great value, but is only slightly better than average talent when all is said and done.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

This guy is a leader. Do they really want to enter the season with 3 RB's that are questionable blockers?

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
        This guy is a leader. Do they really want to enter the season with 3 RB's that are questionable blockers?
        Because Bradshaw is an amazing blocker.
        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Yes he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
            LINK

New York Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw admitted he is uncertain about his future in the Big Apple.

The two-time Super Bowl champion has spent his entire six-year NFL career with the Giants, but he said while cleaning out his locker on Monday that he can't be certain the team will bring him back.

"I'm all in. That's how I've been since I've been here," he said, via The Star-Ledger. "I bleed red, white and blue and that's what it's about with me right now. I can't go into any other details about it, but I will always be a Giant forever."

Read More...
            Bradshaw is done and his production is now going to tail off badly and quickly. 2013 is a rebuilding year for the Giants and up to 30 current Giants could be gone.....but in the NFL these purges are necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
              Fact is that Bradshaw is due to make $4 Million next year.....too much for a RB that can't even practice.

Comment

Practice or not he had just over 1,000 yards and averaged 4.6 yards per carry. He does have injury issues which means that they can't just run him all the time.

Comment

Am I the only one kind of shocked by this?

Comment

Originally posted by Hooligans View Post
                    Bradshaw is done
                    That word gets bandied about far too regularly. It almost seems that if you're over 25 you're deemed either "done" or "garbage".
                    Last edited by Flip Empty; 01-03-2013, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                      Translation: My role model was Brandon Jacobs, when it should have been Eli Manning.

P.S. - I wouldn't lose a lick of sleep if we cut Bradshaw. He was great value, but is only slightly better than average talent when all is said and done.
                      Slightly better than average backs don't average 4.6 yards a carry for their career.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

From Buffalo 2007 to laying out the Jets dude last year and solid performance throughout the playoffs, if he's gone he's been a good troop.
                        sigpic

"For the rest of your life men, no one can tell you that you couldn't do it, because you did it." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

26 is usually considered the prime of one's career

Comment

If the Giants cut Bradshaw they will be idiots. You don't cut someone who has value still... you trade him to a team like the lions for a 2nd round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by ny06 View Post
                              Slightly better than average backs don't average 4.6 yards a carry for their career.
                              He's gone over 1,000 yards twice in his career.

And the fact that he COULDN'T take 20+ carries a game, even if we were inclined to give it to him kind of makes my point. He's slightly better than average as his APC dictates. As that's the *only* stat of his that dictates that ... there ya go.

Considering what we're paying him, we're not getting our money's worth at this point (imo of course).

Comment

Working...
                              X