Victor Cruz Expected to Seek $8 - 10 Million Per Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    Posts 465 thru 467. I responded to the notion that Cruz could be replaced by Smith and them you chimed in that Smith was a prototypical slot guy.
    Which means just that, he is a prototypical slot guy in our system. AND to clarify, in my next post, I went as far as to say that I'd take him back over Barden. I agree with you though, Barden should have been only subtly mentioned in this thread, and if you could read better, he would have been mentioned one time -- when I said I'd take him back over Barden.

And no, I wouldn't be wholly confident with Smith being our starting slot receiver next year, especially without him proving he can still be productive, which in Barden's role, he could have a few opportunities to do that and at the very least, prove himself to our coaches.

And if Barden is irrelevant to this thread, how is Steve Smith relevant? You managed to not ignore him, and give a **** about him by going out of your way to quote 420.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

But he was still an outstanding weapon for us.
      He played better than everyone else on offense. However, with his drops, I wouldn't call his play this season "outstanding."
      For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

Comment

But a draft choice doesn't guarantee a good player. And a draft choice certainly doesn't guarantee a good offensive line.
        Draft choices are prospects. Sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't. Victor Cruz may not have been drafted, but he has become a player who is worthy of a first round standing. He's actually done it on the field in the NFL and is still a young player.
        I would not make the trade off of a known (and outstanding) quantity for an unknown pick in this case.
        True, but you're forgetting about the 8-10 million we could work with. Either way, is the sum of those 3 - a 1st a 3rd and 8-10 million greater than Victor Cruz? I honestly don't know. But I do know that 8-10 million makes me very nervous for a guy that's not super physical and won't be able to make those physical monster catches that a Sidney Rice, Johnson, Fitz, etc make. Cruz isn't the kind of guy that will "bail" a QB out.
        http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
        http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
        http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
          The window for another title is still open, so I'd rather keep Cruz.
          This is really it also. We are in "win now" mode. Who knows how long Eli is going to last? If we weren't in win now mode, I'd let Cruz walk in a heartbeat.
          http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
          http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Comment

• i think that's a little too much but you can't blame him when scrubs like desean jackson got 10 mil a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by G-MENBK View Post
              And less of Campbell's Chunky Soup.
              What has that got to do with how he plays?
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by kNicksGiants View Post
                i think that's a little too much but you can't blame him when scrubs like desean jackson got 10 mil a year.
                At least with Desean,you can say that he's opens it up for everyone else. Victor might, but not to the degree that Jackson does.

Comment

You were the only one. Everyone else was talking about Victor Cruz. You agreed with 420 when he brought up Steve Smith as a replacement fort Cruz. Then you went off on your Barden tangent which I ignored because it was irrelevant to this discussion.
                  Again...This thread is about Victor Cruz.
                  wtf? i just threw out a hypothetical. i never onced said he should be cruz's replacement. man u just create random, lame things...

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                    Where? Find me that post, that you probably misread as well.

I've been clear the whole time; I'd take Smith back over Barden. My first rebuttal to you, right here:, said that -- clearly. It only appears as a tangent because it took nearly ten posts before you realized that you were missing the whole point of the debate.

And again, thread title is irrelevant to what I've been arguing the whole time. I don't know why you keep going back to that, we started a sub-topic. Smith vs. Barden, that's what I've argued from the beginning. Not Cruz vs. Smith then, now, or ever.

Now please, ignore everything I'm saying once again, point to the thread title like it's helping your argument, and keep making an *** of yourself.
                    lol. read the last page on the "giants like seattle defense" thread... he just creates random, illogical arguments, attributes them to people so he then can make fun of said illogical arguments?? who does that lmao

Comment

Posts 465 thru 467. I responded to the notion that Cruz could be replaced by Smith and them you chimed in that Smith was a prototypical slot guy.

And who gives a ****? You are the only one talking about Barden. He is irrelevant to this thread.
                      Is it your view that Steve Smith could be a replacement for Cruz as primarily a slot WR?
                      You seemed to indicate that he would be.
                      the contention/hypothetical i produced that gmen0820 responded to was, say we can resign ss12 for 2 yrs 2 mil, get a 1rst and a 3rd, and spend the money on cruz elsewhere in the hopes we get the end results of cruz, whether it be by 1 guy or an aggregate of guys...
                      gmen0820 was just saying hed likess12 back over barden regardless. i would too at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                        True, but you're forgetting about the 8-10 million we could work with. Either way, is the sum of those 3 - a 1st a 3rd and 8-10 million greater than Victor Cruz? I honestly don't know. But I do know that 8-10 million makes me very nervous for a guy that's not super physical and won't be able to make those physical monster catches that a Sidney Rice, Johnson, Fitz, etc make. Cruz isn't the kind of guy that will "bail" a QB out.
                        i dunno. i see cruzs game being more sustainable then a lot of those guys people list. cruz doesnt depend on top end speed, or physicality or size. he depends on his route running, with his blend of quickness and agility, makes him almost uncoverable. hes not gonna suddenly lose that ability unless his leg falls off or something god forbid.
                        the same things ur saying bout cruz could easily been said about jerry rice too. he didnt have blazing speed, or size, or physicality...just a terrific blend of athletic attributes that made his route running pristene. cruz has got some of that...aint going away. which is why id resign him.

but i also felt ss12 would come back, so take what i say with a grain of salt.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          I know it's hard to understand, but the $8 - 10 MM figure was an uneducated guess made by the author of the article that started this thread. We have absolutely no idea what Cruz is asking for. We can sign Cruz and take care of the lines as well.

So, let me get this straight.

You're saying that the $8 - 10 MM came directly from the Pope who was speaking ex cathedra after having met Victor Cruz for lunch at the Vatican?

I just want to be sure I've got the story right.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            He needs to focus
                            DONT SAY THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God forbid he gets a 4 game ban for adderal...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                              So, let me get this straight.

You're saying that the $8 - 10 MM came directly from the Pope who was speaking ex cathedra after having met Victor Cruz for lunch at the Vatican?

I just want to be sure I've got the story right.
                              Thats what I got from that as well...I can never be too sure...

One thing I CAN be sure about would be my excitement if we got Dwayne Bowe. For 3 mil a year, that makes Cruz expandable.

Comment

• Originally posted by giants8493 View Post
                                Thats what I got from that as well...I can never be too sure...

One thing I CAN be sure about would be my excitement if we got Dwayne Bowe. For 3 mil a year, that makes Cruz expandable.
                                what's with all the hatin' on cruz,,you do realize that hakeem was hurt all season allowing oppossing D's to double him up and take him out of the game, we had no established 3rd recieving threat. The guy still had a 1000+ yard season. Bowe is also damaged, even at 3 million, and not the talent Cruz is when paired with a healthy Nicks. the guy earned it and it's time to pay the piper, something fair for both sides.

Comment

Working...
                                X