Clear All

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Reese won't overpay for anyone.
    Diehl
    Tuck
    Webster
    Canty
    Rolle

And that's just off the top of my head, and not counting overpaids that are on the way out like Osi...

That said, Cruz is worth 7-8M or so...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Still thinking 7 year for $7mil/year for around a $50 million dollar deal.

Comment

Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
        i agree in principal, but are you willing to lose him based on $2-3 mill a season knowing that Nicks style of play is wearing his body down?
        I think this move will come down to our current depth between the outside and slot receiver positions. If you can only keep one (and I sadly think that will be the case) do you trust Jernigan to replace Cruz or Randle to replace Nicks? Usually the tall men with elite speed (Megatron, Julio Jones, A.J. Green, etc) get the big bucks because of how they dominate with their raw athletic ability but those guys also aren't constantly dinged up or have someone like Cruz in the slot competing with them for a long term contract. It's going to be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
          Diehl
          Tuck
          Webster
          Canty
          Rolle

And that's just off the top of my head, and not counting overpaids that are on the way out like Osi...

Those guys are at the end of multi-year contracts... Unfair comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
            Attack this post/me all you would like, but....

Cruz! plays too small for me to warrant him a 8-10 mil a year contract, and what i mean by small is he really is scared of getting hit over the middle. Times i have watched him catch the ball and drop to the floor if he doesn't have a clear break away.
            What i love about cruz, he is a smart route runner, great speed, can play all three wide out positions, great personality a true giant; classy.
            I just don't think he plays big, if he does that then i would agree he is a 8-10 mil a year guy.
            I honestly don't know what playing "small" means and while I don't agree he's the next Jerry Rice, he's had back to back 1,000 yard games. The first season he had Nicks to take some of the pressure off. The second season he didn't and only dropped by 400 yards. I'm not saying that's worth $10M here, but it's not beyond belief to see some team coming at him with that offer.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Diehl
              Tuck
              Webster
              Canty
              Rolle

We got a bargain on Tuck's contract. At the time when the Giants gave him an extension he was a top 5 defensive end in this league

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

Diehl
                Tuck
                Webster
                Canty
                Rolle

No one was complaining when those contracts were entered into.
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                  whoa whoa..
                  REMINDS me...im not saying he is. but cruz honestly does remind me of rice in how just running routes gets both open over n over. not the biggest or fastest could be ascribed to both, i dunno. they both wear 80...lol cruz does remind me of him. a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooligans View Post
                    Well, if Cruz sticks to his demand for $8 to $10 Million per season then he won't be a Giant in 2013.
                    CRUZ IS N OT MAKING THAT DEMAND, that is the writer's uneducated guess

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                      he's a weapon we kinda need...i hope he gives us a break and drops to 6 mil with some sorta signing bonus that wont count towards the cap
                      After seeing what happens when Nicks is hobbled, I really don't think the team can afford to let him go. Sad thing is, they can't really afford to let him stay, either...

Knowing Reese he'll probably give him what he wants and then restructure the hell out of the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
                        Cruz could get $10 million a season from somebody.

i'll be absolutely stunned if his contract is $6-$7 million a season. STUNNED.

the 8-10 is an uneducated guess, but its based on multiple contracts for elite WRs in the NFL.

hard to argue that Cruz isn't an elite WR.

i've been saying this for 2 years, we can't pay both WRs in the 8-10 range, and our QB $20 a season, so whatever Cruz gets will largely cast the die of what the giants plan on doing with Nicks.
                        I think Cruz may have knocked himself off the "elite" status with his crucial drops and teams better able to counter his getting AS open with a year of film and documented tendencies behind him. His home run TD YAC catches went down to from the previous year.

Sure all receivers drop balls - and im not saying its fair, but he had some big drops IMO that probably could make the difference of $2mil or so a year.

I want him to be a Giant for life, but I dont see it for more than a 7&7 for about 50 mil.

Comment

and its why i can argue that the diff. from 6-8 mil, or even 6 to 10 mil, is worth it when ur getting what cruz will give us every year. what he gives us wont suddenly go away, we didnt even have another true outside guy much of the year and cruz still did his thing. give him a healthy nicks and watch out...im torn. i can see both sides.

Comment

i mean to add to the cruz reminds me of rice statement, cruz does the salsa after TDs and Rice did Dancing with the stars lol, anyone telling me they arent similar is the one needing their statement checked

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                              i mean to add to the cruz reminds me of rice statement, cruz does the salsa after TDs and Rice did Dancing with the stars lol, anyone telling me they arent similar is the one needing their statement checked
                              Oy

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
                                I think Cruz may have knocked himself off the "elite" status with his crucial drops and teams better able to counter his getting AS open with a year of film and documented tendencies behind him. His home run TD YAC catches went down to from the previous year.

Sure all receivers drop balls - and im not saying its fair, but he had some big drops IMO that probably could make the difference of $2mil or so a year.

I want him to be a Giant for life, but I dont see it for more than a 7&7 for about 50 mil.
                                In PFF's top 50 free agent list, Cruz is # 3

http://nfltraderumors.co/top-50-2013-nfl-free-agents/

Comment

Working...
                                X