Victor Cruz Expected to Seek $8 - 10 Million Per Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by giants8493 View Post
    Thats what I got from that as well...I can never be too sure...

One thing I CAN be sure about would be my excitement if we got Dwayne Bowe. For 3 mil a year, that makes Cruz expandable.
    I keep asking this - why would Bowe be so cheap?

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
      he wouldnt. hes gonna get pierre garcon money, guarantee it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
        So, let me get this straight.

You're saying that the $8 - 10 MM came directly from the Pope who was speaking ex cathedra after having met Victor Cruz for lunch at the Vatican?

I just want to be sure I've got the story right.
        It's amazing how some of us only read the headline and are ready to do battle on that alone
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
          i dunno. i see cruzs game being more sustainable then a lot of those guys people list. cruz doesnt depend on top end speed, or physicality or size. he depends on his route running, with his blend of quickness and agility, makes him almost uncoverable. hes not gonna suddenly lose that ability unless his leg falls off or something god forbid.
          the same things ur saying bout cruz could easily been said about jerry rice too. he didnt have blazing speed, or size, or physicality...just a terrific blend of athletic attributes that made his route running pristene. cruz has got some of that...aint going away. which is why id resign him.

but i also felt ss12 would come back, so take what i say with a grain of salt.
          Jerry Rice would routinely go over the middle and was one of the toughest WRs around. You don't pay top dollar for good route runners. You pay top dollar for physical WRs that can do everything.
          http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
          http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
          http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• Originally posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
            what's with all the hatin' on cruz,,you do realize that hakeem was hurt all season allowing oppossing D's to double him up and take him out of the game, we had no established 3rd recieving threat. The guy still had a 1000+ yard season. Bowe is also damaged, even at 3 million, and not the talent Cruz is when paired with a healthy Nicks. the guy earned it and it's time to pay the piper, something fair for both sides.
            Im not hating on Cruz. Im just saying I would not be opposed to Bowe at quarter price and an extra 1st round pick (espicially if it turns into the number 1 pick(Jadevon Clowney))

Comment

You just don't seem to get it. I have explained so many times.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                he wouldnt. hes gonna get pierre garcon money, guarantee it.
                Then too rich for my blood. Bring Bowe to me ill talk him down.

Comment

Then too rich for my blood. Bring Bowe to me ill talk him down.
                  Bowe is going to get a lot of attention and make a lot of money. Anyone who thinks he's making $3MM/year is crazy.
                  Give him a decent QB and he's a top flight WR.

And we aren't signing Dwayne Bowe. Not a chance in hell.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

There is no chance that Bowe would even sign for twice that amount.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      Bowe is going to get a lot of attention and make a lot of money. Anyone who thinks he's making $3MM/year is crazy.
                      Give him a decent QB and he's a top flight WR.

And we aren't signing Dwayne Bowe. Not a chance in hell.
                      Are you calling me crazy?

Comment

Yes, aren't you the guy who said we could get Cruz AND Bowe for less than 5mil/yr total?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
                          Yes, aren't you the guy who said we could get Cruz AND Bowe for less than 5mil/yr total?
                          its not likely but I have seen crazier things happen.

Comment

Plenty of teams who are in desperate need of WR's who will pay plenty for a guy like Bowe.
                            Ironically, we aren't one of them. We have one of the top WR corps in the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              Plenty of teams who are in desperate need of WR's who will pay plenty for a guy like Bowe.
                              Ironically, we aren't one of them. We have one of the top WR corps in the NFL.
                              That's a good thing
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                                That's a good thing
                                Well you can see the logic of bringing Dwayne Bowe in here. I mean it makes perfect sense to pay him, pay Cruz, pay Nicks next year and then we can have half our cap consumed by WR's.

Personally...I think its brilliant.

Comment

Working...
                                X