Victor Cruz Expected to Seek $8 - 10 Million Per Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
    I can turn it around though and say would you rather take that risk and then using that 8 million elsewhere? Like a stud LT? Personally, I think I would. We all know that it won't matter who we have at WR as much if Eli isn't upright.
    Assuming we received a 1st round pick for Cruz's tender, the only positive would be having an additional chest piece to trade up for Jadeveon Clowney in the 2014 Draft. He's one of those players who can potentially change the way we look at the game from what he's done in college so far. Having another dominant DE would be worth losing Cruz and having more room to sign other players.

Doesn't really matter anyway because we all know that Cruz and the FO are going to make this negotiation work. Cruz has family here, media sensationalism, great market deals, etc. Cruz and Randle are the future.

Comment

• Cruz deserves to be paid and he's not going anywhere.

Comment

I can turn it around though and say would you rather take that risk and then using that 8 million elsewhere? Like a stud LT? Personally, I think I would. We all know that it won't matter who we have at WR as much if Eli isn't upright.
        Take a risk of resigning Cru? Or take the risk of going over the cap?
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

True, but i dont' think Cruz is some immense talent that couldn't be found in the first round.
          Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          He's a damn good talent who has worked in this system for three years and had back to back 1,000 yard seasons. I can't imagine replacing him with a draft pick and not losing ground.

If we go for WR first round, the problems we are having do not get addressed once again.
          Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
          Nicks having a healthy season doesn't mean nicks is now healthy. Everyone keeps wanting to evalute nicks as if he's 100%. he's not. his style of play is wearing him down.

and we may be in a situation where we can get cruz at a discount based on negotiating with him now. put him off for a year and subject him to potentially getting injured and reducing his market value significantly, and the trade off is if we choose to go with cruz we may have to pay alot more for him.

i'd definitely prefer a healthy nicks to cruz. few wouldn't. but that's not where we find ourselves right now.
          It really is a crap shoot. But at this point, I would put a 1st round tender. Worse comes to worse, we don't match it and we get a 1st round pick (potentially high one) and 8-10 million saved and see what our QB is made of. And I'm pretty confident Eli can do a decent job of it.
          http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
          http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
          http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• Originally posted by Riverboat76 View Post
            Cruz deserves to be paid and he's not going anywhere.
            Paid WHAT though?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
              Agreed. He is a top WR. Not elite though.

In fact, I plan to start 50 threads about it....but first I want to compare his first season with Randy Moss'
              Oy, I'm begging you........
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                Take a risk of resigning Cru? Or take the risk of going over the cap?
                Take the risk of losing Cruz. I meant, take the risk of losing cruz and if you do lose him - using that 8-10 million saved elsewhere.
                http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  As in "replay" Hell yes

The review confirms the initial ruling on the board: it was sarcasm.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                    Assuming we received a 1st round pick for Cruz's tender, the only positive would be having an additional chest piece to trade up for Jadeveon Clowney in the 2014 Draft. He's one of those players who can potentially change the way we look at the game from what he's done in college so far. Having another dominant DE would be worth losing Cruz and having more room to sign other players.

Doesn't really matter anyway because we all know that Cruz and the FO are going to make this negotiation work. Cruz has family here, media sensationalism, great market deals, etc. Cruz and Randle are the future.
                    Yeah, if Randle continues his rise, I think Nicks is a goner.

Comment

It really is a crap shoot. But at this point, I would put a 1st round tender. Worse comes to worse, we don't match it and we get a 1st round pick (potentially high one) and 8-10 million saved and see what our QB is made of. And I'm pretty confident Eli can do a decent job of it.
                      You're not going to get a 1st round pick to match Cruz's productivity or be in synch with Eli. WR is not a problem position for this team and if we waste a # 1 pick on one we once again ignore problems we definitely have on both lines.
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                        Oy, I'm begging you........

LOL

Comment

• I really feel people on this board can't look past the fact that he was an UFA. If he had been a first round pick and put up the same numbers that he has, EVERYBODY would be like "PAY THE MAN!". But because the Giants gave him a shot, he owes the Giants a steep hometown discount. He's already given the Giants a steep discount by performing under his current deal. He deserves to get paid and the Giants will pay him.

Comment

• $8 to $10MM seems way too high. WAY!!! to high.
                            He's a very good player but I see a tad less than that.
                            Maybe 4 years, 25MM, or something like that.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Riverboat76 View Post
                              I really feel people on this board can't look past the fact that he was an UFA. If he had been a first round pick and put up the same numbers that he has, EVERYBODY would be like "PAY THE MAN!". But because the Giants gave him a shot, he owes the Giants a steep hometown discount. He's already given the Giants a steep discount by performing under his current deal. He deserves to get paid and the Giants will pay him.
                              Sure...8-10 million is still a lot, and we have other pieces to sign as well.
                              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                $8 to $10MM seems way too high. WAY!!! to high.
                                He's a very good player but I see a tad less than that.
                                Maybe 4 years, 25MM, or something like that.
                                It's the going rate for recievers. If V. Jackson or D. Jackson or P. Garcon can all make 8-11 million, then Cruz can ask for the same. He's better than all those guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X