Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok ok ok ..... after all these arguments about resigning players, who would you keep?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    +1

and we would suck forever when we lost smith and boss in the same year (i thought this).
    Still think Boss was a big loss

Comment

If only one.. Cruz

Comment

just to throw this out there, in the SB, BB schemed to double both nicks n cruz in hopes of eliminating them from being effective. Cruz had, what, 3 receptions? Nicks had 11 for a buck 20 iirc....

Comment

We should just tender Cruz, and if someone really wants him, lets take their first and if no one wants him, it's guaranteed 2.8 million.
          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

I'd rather have Nicks long term, assuming his health shows no lingering effects. Cruz can produce without him, but I think he fails to open up the offense for others as much as Nicks can. That's essentially how Cruz was brought along in the first place.

Comment

Nicks everyday and twice on Sunday..

Comment

Originally posted by GiantLegend View Post
                Nicks without hesitaiton. He had a bad injury year this past year, but he is without question a #1 receiver. I made a thread before about that, I watched last years playoffs and Super Bowl recently. Nicks was the difference maker. He is awesome.

To me Cruz is a replaceable slot receiver with some speed who drops some passes. I don't think it would be hard to replace that. I realize this is an unpopular opinion with most Giants fans.
                This is what I was thinking. Eli has so much faith in Nicks. Who did Eli throw the hail mary pass to? Nicks because he knew with Nicks height no one else would get it but Nicks or Nicks would knock it away. Nicks is a baller. I pray he can stay healthy.

Comment

Nicks is a top 5 reciever in the NFL hands down if he's playing 100%
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                    We should just tender Cruz, and if someone really wants him, lets take their first and if no one wants him, it's guaranteed 2.8 million.
                    Yes. The team that gets him will have to give up the picks AND pay him, which teams will be very reluctant to do (see Mike Wallace).

Comment

Originally posted by ashleymarie View Post
                      This is what I was thinking. Eli has so much faith in Nicks. Who did Eli throw the hail mary pass to? Nicks because he knew with Nicks height no one else would get it but Nicks or Nicks would knock it away. Nicks is a baller. I pray he can stay healthy.
                      Nicks isnt that tall. Im about 6 1 and I was taller then him
                      Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPvmhCcsnY&t=1s

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                        Yes. The team that gets him will have to give up the picks AND pay him, which teams will be very reluctant to do (see Mike Wallace).
                        Cruz is better, but I see your point.

Comment

If Cruz is really looking to get 8-10 Mil a year, I would have to go with Nicks. There are too many other needs on the team to put that much into one player when they already have Nicks, Randle and Hixon.Don't take me wrong, I like Cruz and would love to see him back, but not at the expense of having to go cheap on other positions.
                          My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                            Cruz.

He doesn't get hurt.
                            Except for that hammy that put him on IR his rookie season.

Comment

deciding who is better between these two, in my opinion, is if you factor their injury history into the decision. Based on talent alone I say Nicks is better but since Nicks gets hurt more I can see how people think Cruz is the one you want to keep.
                              Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPvmhCcsnY&t=1s

Comment

Working...
                              X