Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok ok ok ..... after all these arguments about resigning players, who would you keep?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ok ok ok ..... after all these arguments about resigning players, who would you keep?

    Cruz or Nicks?

    I would prefer Cruz over Nicks, simply based on the fact that Nicks can't stay healthy and his issues are always on his lower body. Leg, knee and ankle, doesn't seem like its something he can fix and move on from. Cruz is fast, young, explosive and the Giants can bring in someone to replace Nicks and that replacement would be successful just because Cruz is a threat as the #2 or slot Receiver.

    Thoughts and opinions?

  • #2
    Cruz is actually older than Nicks.

    It's hard to pick between the two. If you could guarantee that Nicks' health issues would be a thing of the past, then he'd be my choice - easy.

    Comment


    • #3
      Nicks when healthy easily surpasses cruz in the skill catagory all across the board. The thing is can he stay healthy? and how bad did playing the whole year hurt impact his body? Hopefully, he'll be himself the start of next season. Having Nicks when he is healthy is invaluable.
      #80
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Cruz.

        He doesn't get hurt.
        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

        Comment


        • #5
          I agree but Nicks, again, Can't stay healthy and like you said the coaching staff put him on the field hurt. That is not good for any player, unless its a small ankle injury or small pain here and there. But Nicks seemed to have worst injuries then a simple ankle injury and hopefully they didn't get worst because of the fact he tried to play thru them.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
            Cruz is actually older than Nicks.

            It's hard to pick between the two. If you could guarantee that Nicks' health issues would be a thing of the past, then he'd be my choice - easy.
            Didn't realize that actually, but what i meant was that Cruz is still young, didn't mean he was younger the Nicks.

            Comment


            • #7
              based on the facts in front of us: Cruz.

              if we lived in fantasy land where players never got hurt: Nicks.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                Cruz.

                He doesn't get hurt.
                He has been in the leaue for three seasons and missed one full season.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                  He has been in the leaue for three seasons and missed one full season.
                  ummmmmm.....not sure how accurate that is.....at least in terms of injury. In his rookie season, he was often not active on game day, because that's the way it was; Tom Coughlin, rookies, etc.... He then got a hammy at some point. A bit later, if memory serves, the Giants needed a roster spot and IR'd him for the hammy. Don't think it was truly an injury issue. And, it was a decision that bit them late in the season (a bit like the RB situation re: Scott) later in the year as they go thin at WR.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Nicks without hesitaiton. He had a bad injury year this past year, but he is without question a #1 receiver. I made a thread before about that, I watched last years playoffs and Super Bowl recently. Nicks was the difference maker. He is awesome.

                    To me Cruz is a replaceable slot receiver with some speed who drops some passes. I don't think it would be hard to replace that. I realize this is an unpopular opinion with most Giants fans.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by GiantLegend View Post
                      Nicks without hesitaiton. He had a bad injury year this past year, but he is without question a #1 receiver. I made a thread before about that, I watched last years playoffs and Super Bowl recently. Nicks was the difference maker. He is awesome.

                      To me Cruz is a replaceable slot receiver with some speed who drops some passes. I don't think it would be hard to replace that. I realize this is an unpopular opinion with most Giants fans.
                      2013 may be the year that tells us what Nicks is now. 2011 playoff Nicks, or 2012 regular season Nicks.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Largely depends on how Randle pans out. He's looked pretty good towards the end of the season. If he progresses the way he has we can afford to let Nicks go. Otherwise, no.

                        Everyone thought we were sunk forever when we lost Plax...

                        I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                          Largely depends on how Randle pans out. He's looked pretty good towards the end of the season. If he progresses the way he has we can afford to let Nicks go. Otherwise, no.

                          Everyone thought we were sunk forever when we lost Plax...
                          +1

                          and we would suck forever when we lost smith and boss in the same year (i thought this).
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                            He has been in the leaue for three seasons and missed one full season.
                            He missed less than a half of a season when the Giants put him on IR for a tweaked hammy. Giants did it for a roster spot.

                            Cruz said he could have played the following week no problem. Considering his injury history since then (including some of the knocks he's taken over the middle) I tend to believe him.
                            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post

                              Everyone thought we were sunk forever when we lost Plax...
                              Turns out we were just sunk for the rest of 2008 and 2009 seasons.
                              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X