Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A good idea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Mercury View Post
    But that's just it, if you click on the name, you do see what the 2013 cap numbers are. But my question is, are they accurate?

    this site has simplified the contracts to the best of its ability, but if we read one of those things i doubt we'd be able to figure out what the cap hit each season is.

    for message board discussions, its as accurate as you're going to find.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Mercury View Post
      Ok, Kruunch,

      I went to the website you posted and I clicked on Eli Manning. When I did, it lists the Cap hit by each year of the contract. For example, it says that Eli's 2013 Cap hit would be 20,850,000.

      so is it correct? Or does the restructuring of Eli's contract make this information untrue?

      Thanks
      That's correct and it's large because he's already been restructured.

      But we're not the only team dealing with a $20 million player (Denver, New Orleans, etc ...).
      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
        this site has simplified the contracts to the best of its ability, but if we read one of those things i doubt we'd be able to figure out what the cap hit each season is.

        for message board discussions, its as accurate as you're going to find.
        Correct. That site doesn't list any strange clauses, deferrals, incentives and so on. It does get updated fairly frequently however, so if a player restructures, you should see it up there (which changes the numbers for the rest of the contract as well).

        It's good for general knowledge and to see who's draining your team
        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
          Problem is we dont know the actual contract details. Those arent public info.

          For instance, I believe Rolle restructured last season, but what are the details of that restructuring?
          Yeah. We don't get the official numbers. Patricia Traina seems to think we'll have a decent chunk of change to work with (basing it off of a $121m cap), but hasn't given that number out yet (or even a ballpark), lol.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
            I was under the impression that for cap purposes the money is deferred (if the team wants to) over the original life the contract once the player is cut. So if a player signs a 5 year, $10 million contract with a $5 million signing bonus and is cut after the first year, the cap hit is spread out over the remaining 4 years (i.e. $1 million per year in this case to the tune of $4 million over the next 4 years).
            I thought I had read that all of the cap hit has to hit within 2 years. So it is indeed accelerated.

            Comment


            • #21
              After reviewing the cap hits for 2013 of Diehl, Boley, Webster, Baas, Canty, and Tuck, I think "In Reese we trust" should be changed to "In Reese we can't trust".

              2013 cap hits
              ------------------
              Boley 5,900,000 (age 30)
              Diehl 4,550,000 (age 32)
              Tuck 5,650,000 (age 29)
              Rolle 9,250,000 (age 30)
              Baas 6,725,000 (age 31)
              Webster 9.975,000 (age 30)
              Canty 8,200,000 (age 30)
              Last edited by moosedrool; 01-03-2013, 04:44 PM.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
                After reviewing the cap hits for 2013 of Diehl, Boley, Webster, Baas, Canty, and Tuck, I think "In Reese we trust" should be changed to "In Reese we can't trust".

                2013 cap hits
                ------------------
                Boley 5,900,000
                Diehl 4,550,000
                Tuck 5,650,000
                Rolle 9,250,000
                Baas 6,725,000
                Webster 9.975,000
                Canty 8,200,000
                Youll find the same thing on every team if you look at good players who are at the end of their contracts. Almost all contracts get backloaded now

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                  Youll find the same thing on every team if you look at good players who are at the end of their contracts. Almost all contracts get backloaded now
                  Right, but are the good players all/most over age 30 at the end of the contract?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
                    Right, but are the good players all/most over age 30 at the end of the contract?
                    I am not sure what you are asking.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                      I am not sure what you are asking.
                      I can see shelling out the big bucks for players in their prime. But to have the contracts that large for players over 30 and declining is not good. It's a young man's game.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
                        I can see shelling out the big bucks for players in their prime. But to have the contracts that large for players over 30 and declining is not good. It's a young man's game.
                        Huh? These are players that WERE signed in their prime. 26 or so years old, get a 5 year contract. Means they will be 30-31 when the backloaded deal maxes out.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                          Huh? These are players that WERE signed in their prime. 26 or so years old, get a 5 year contract. Means they will be 30-31 when the backloaded deal maxes out.
                          I know that. The point is contract length when signed. Did the contracts really have to be 5 and 6 years in length? Why not 3 or 4 years?
                          Last edited by moosedrool; 01-03-2013, 04:54 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
                            I know that. The point is contract length when signed. Did the contracts really have to be 5 and 6 years in length? Why not 3 or 4 years?
                            Because a longer term deal spreads out the cap hit of the signing bonus

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              at the end of the day these contracts are not worth the paper they are written on. not gauranteed like MLB or the NBA,,sure some of the money is gauranteed but the majority is not.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I have a good idea too! But im not sharing. Its a secret for if I ever want to be a NFL GM one day.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X