Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coughlin Walking Around "Like A Crazy Man" Coping With Giants' Finish

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giants...#axzz2GxTVNhi0

Excerpt: "It has only been four days since the end of the season and yet Coughlin hasn’t come close to letting go of the disappointment of his Giants not qualifying for the playoffs one year after winning the Super Bowl.

"I can't even describe how it hurts … I don’t know what to do," Coughlin said Thursday during a high-energy 30-minute session on WFAN. "I’m walking around here like a crazy man. I am. I don’t know what to do with myself. We shouldn’t be doing this right now. The pain of it is almost indescribable."

Coughlin said he’s been at the team facility “taking it all apart right now as a coaching staff, and hopefully we can provide some answers’’ as to why his team lost two of its last three games, finished 9-7, failed to make the playoffs and failed to put up competitive efforts in Atlanta and Baltimore.

What Coughlin doesn’t think he should be doing is pouring over the evidence of a season that produced wildly inconsistent play, why down the stretch in Atlanta and Baltimore “we didn’t fire a shot’’ as far as putting up a respectable performances in losses by a combined 67-14. All this caught Coughlin completely by surprise after the Giants at mid-season were their customary 6-2.

“I’m glad I’m not a betting man because I would have lost everything,’’ Coughlin said." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

This caught him by surprise?
    I like Coughlin a lot, but this has happened almost every single year.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I don't blame him. Its illogical how bad they were and its his job to figure out why. The limit does not exist Tom!

Comment

The team needed a coach, Coach. Wah.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
          This caught him by surprise?
          I like Coughlin a lot, but this has happened almost every single year.
          Things like Osi and Tuck mailing it in might be one of those question marks
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            Mailing it...every year?
            Fortunately though, Osi will be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
              Mailing it...every year?
              Fortunately though, Osi will be gone.
              He's looking at this season for answers.

Comment

Starting injured players,over healthy ones; failure to utilize young talent, I can give you a couple clues coach.

Comment

He's looking at this season for answers.
                  But this season is the same with every other season, not playing your best football down the stretch. Hopefully he will re-evaluate his scheme this off season, and the players will re-evaluate their play.

Comment

Poor Tom, he needs to go to the Bahamas like Rex did.

Comment

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giants...#axzz2GxTVNhi0

Excerpt: "It has only been four days since the end of the season and yet Coughlin hasn’t come close to letting go of the disappointment of his Giants not qualifying for the playoffs one year after winning the Super Bowl.

"I can't even describe how it hurts … I don’t know what to do," Coughlin said Thursday during a high-energy 30-minute session on WFAN. "I’m walking around here like a crazy man. I am. I don’t know what to do with myself. We shouldn’t be doing this right now. The pain of it is almost indescribable."

Coughlin said he’s been at the team facility “taking it all apart right now as a coaching staff, and hopefully we can provide some answers’’ as to why his team lost two of its last three games, finished 9-7, failed to make the playoffs and failed to put up competitive efforts in Atlanta and Baltimore.

What Coughlin doesn’t think he should be doing is pouring over the evidence of a season that produced wildly inconsistent play, why down the stretch in Atlanta and Baltimore “we didn’t fire a shot’’ as far as putting up a respectable performances in losses by a combined 67-14. All this caught Coughlin completely by surprise after the Giants at mid-season were their customary 6-2.

“I’m glad I’m not a betting man because I would have lost everything,’’ Coughlin said." Read more...

And this bugs the crap out of me also. Watching all the stuff about Ray Lewis today and how he played through injuries and gave it all he got to fire up his team makes me see what a few panty waste we have on this defense.
                      "There is winning and there is Misery"

Comment

Then maybe he should take a look in mirror. It's been the same story every year with the late season collapses. His answer is the same every year. EXECUTION! This is bull. Look at the different players this team has had since he arrived, and you are telling me it's always the fault of execution? How about coordinators who cannot consistently game plan or make in game adjustments? That might be the something to look at, Tom. How about leaving Webster out on an island to get undresses with no safety help? How about a scared sh@tless defense coordinator who refuses to blitz?

How about the first Philly game, when you just needed to move the ball a few more yard for Tynes to be within his range, but Gilbride decides to go for the long ball when it was not needed? How about putting a limping Nicks out on the field when it was obvious he wasn't helping the team? How about you stop treating rookies like hooker trash? If a player cannot perform his duties, he should not be allowed to keep his spot simply because he has seniority. These are the things he should look at instead of pacing the floor. Expect more of the same next season. He’s too damn stubborn for his own good and it’s hurting the team.

Comment

Originally posted by mike kennedy View Post
                          And this bugs the crap out of me also. Watching all the stuff about Ray Lewis today and how he played through injuries and gave it all he got to fire up his team makes me see what a few panty waste we have on this defense.
                          Who didn't play with an injury that had medical clearance?

Comment

Don't think they expected Webster to at so bad either.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                              Don't think they expected Webster to at so bad either.
                              There are other examples, like missing 18 out of 36 tackles in one game. It's NEVER one person or issue

Comment

Working...
                              X