Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, I think the defense spit the bed for sure when Kuhn went down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So, I think the defense spit the bed for sure when Kuhn went down

    I think the run defense was.... pretty good up until Kuhn blew his knee out, then it just sucked against the run after that for good. of course, the defensive line sucked as a whole this year, but i thought DT was going to really step up this year. Kuhn was the lone bright spot.

  • #2
    The guy had 4 tackles on the year, he wasn't exactly the lynchpin of the D-line

    Comment


    • #3
      He would've been a huge help but not the savior. We didn't lose because of him.
      Stop Booing Tiki Barber.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
        The guy had 4 tackles on the year, he wasn't exactly the lynchpin of the D-line
        can we please get solid defensive players i'm tired with these no shows

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
          The guy had 4 tackles on the year, he wasn't exactly the lynchpin of the D-line
          sure, but he's a moose and one of the few guys who got any push this year. watching the dline was like watching a bunch of big dudes hit a brick wall, while the ends played patty cake and tried to run around the tackles.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
            can we please get solid defensive players i'm tired with these no shows
            Sure, I'll forward the memo to Reese right away!

            All jokes aside though, that guy was a 7th round rookie and he was getting snaps because Canty was out at the time and we were extremely thin at the position.

            If anyone deserves scrutiny at this point it would have to be Marvin Austin but I still don't think the jury is out on him just yet. Very close though...

            Comment


            • #7
              How does one spit a bed?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                How does one spit a bed?
                spit the bed = **** the bed
                or
                spit the bed= spit the bit........

                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by NYG 5 View Post
                  I think the run defense was.... pretty good up until Kuhn blew his knee out, then it just sucked against the run after that for good. of course, the defensive line sucked as a whole this year, but i thought DT was going to really step up this year. Kuhn was the lone bright spot.
                  Omg we as fans need to be more honest with ourselves......your telling me a 7th round rookie that had 4 tackles was the reason we couldnt stop the run???
                  Just like when guys tell themselves our LBs are ok because LBs aren't important, or JPP had a down year because he got double teamed....as if watt,wake,Aldon,Von miller,Mathews,Jared Allen,Ware don't too? Right...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Actually Aldon Smith, Von miller, and Watt were not double teamed much at all. I can go into explanation for each if you would like. I believe JPP attracted more attention than any of them

                    I did think Kuhn was a pretty good rotational guy. Nothing special. But valuable

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Kuhn was a guy who played in the rotation. That fact that we lost a DT was huge by itself. Canty was hurt all year, Bernard is nothing more than a rotational guy, and Linval is only solid. That's the one unit that we really couldn't afford any more blows.


                      2009 was very similar with Robbins and Cofield coming off the offseason microfracture surgery, Canty and the hamstring, Alford with blown out knee, and Bernard just sucking.


                      Oh yeah, and Marvin Austin blows!
                      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        There were plenty of plays where JPP had a single blocker and got nowhere. He was clearly not the same player as last year. The back issue he had probably lingered the entire second half.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
                          There were plenty of plays where JPP had a single blocker and got nowhere. He was clearly not the same player as last year. The back issue he had probably lingered the entire second half.
                          And there were plenty of times he best double teams and got pressure on the QB only for the QB to scramble away and nobody else on the giants could get close.

                          First cowboys game comes to mind. JPP was dominant the entire game. But it seemed like romo had all sorts of time

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                            And there were plenty of times he best double teams and got pressure on the QB only for the QB to scramble away and nobody else on the giants could get close.

                            First cowboys game comes to mind. JPP was dominant the entire game. But it seemed like romo had all sorts of time
                            First game of the year was before he hurt his back. His final sack of the year was in week 9. Seven straight games zero sacks.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
                              First game of the year was before he hurt his back. His final sack of the year was in week 9. Seven straight games zero sacks.
                              He had gone like 5 or 6 in a row starting last year in the playoffs and into this year without a sack too.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X