Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Patrick keeps sayng that LT was "not a great linebacker", but a great pass rusher

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dan Patrick keeps sayng that LT was "not a great linebacker", but a great pass rusher

    Where does this come from? I saw LT's entire career, and he was tough against the run, could run down running backs from the side and occasionally from behind, and could also drop back into coverage. He was an incredible force all-around. Just because they didn't keep stats for forced fumbles, tackles, etc. doesn't mean they didn't happen.

  • #2
    What's with all the "so an so keeps saying..." threads? My grandmother keeps saying Osi's shoulder pads are too small!
    Last edited by DVision; 01-03-2013, 11:56 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      My nephew's friend's dads' ex-wife's cousin says that LT has a little munchkin voice.


      “Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by G-Men4Supes View Post
        Where does this come from? I saw LT's entire career, and he was tough against the run, could run down running backs from the side and occasionally from behind, and could also drop back into coverage. He was an incredible force all-around. Just because they didn't keep stats for forced fumbles, tackles, etc. doesn't mean they didn't happen.
        consider the source,,,another ESPN cast off.

        Comment


        • #5
          Everyone wants to believe they are whiteness to the best. Hence why people will now say Demarcus Ware, Alden Smith, and Von Miller are the best all time. Next year a commentator will have a new best. Who cares what they say. only one LB literally changed the game and that is LT.

          Too bad he couldn't be a good person like strahan outside of football instead of the scum he is. It hurts his legacy in my eyes.

          Comment


          • #6
            Who cares.

            Comment


            • #7
              thats a terrible position by dan patrick to take. was LT as dominant in other aspects of playing LB as he was the pass rushing aspect? no. so what! was barry sanders not an amazing complete rb and just a specialist bc he was so good at yards after contact? thats a bad example but im trying to use a terrible example for effect to show how ridiculous it is to hold LTs pass rush ability against him in assessing his overall game. LT made a ton of huge, game changing, tremendous athleticism plays as a LB dropping off in coverage. doesnt he have a couple 90 yd plus return INT tds? Besides, Patricks a moron if he cant realize that perhaps LT didnt get a shot to display other aspects of his game bc coaching righfully so wanted him doing what he did best, terrorizing offenses by rushing the passer...

              Comment


              • #8
                The guy changed the way teams prepared and game planned. He revolutionized the LBer position. He didnt do it JUST by rushing the passer.
                Stop Booing Tiki Barber.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Isn't Dan Patrick a female race car driver who doesn't actually win races?
                  I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by NYGisBallin View Post
                    The guy changed the way teams prepared and game planned. He revolutionized the LBer position. He didnt do it JUST by rushing the passer.
                    He changed the way Offensive lineman played.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                      thats a terrible position by dan patrick to take. was LT as dominant in other aspects of playing LB as he was the pass rushing aspect? no. so what! was barry sanders not an amazing complete rb and just a specialist bc he was so good at yards after contact? thats a bad example but im trying to use a terrible example for effect to show how ridiculous it is to hold LTs pass rush ability against him in assessing his overall game. LT made a ton of huge, game changing, tremendous athleticism plays as a LB dropping off in coverage. doesnt he have a couple 90 yd plus return INT tds? Besides, Patricks a moron if he cant realize that perhaps LT didnt get a shot to display other aspects of his game bc coaching righfully so wanted him doing what he did best, terrorizing offenses by rushing the passer...
                      LT was a great all around linebacker. Everyone knows him for his pass rushing ability, but he was phenomenal at stopping the run. You couldn't run at him, or away. I remember in 83 or 84 in a game they lined him up at corner for 3 plays.

                      Giants fan since the early 80s

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        LT was the first to say that his early success in the NFL was due to the fact that when he didn't know what he was supposed to do he would just try to kill the QB, and it usually worked.
                        Maybe that's what Dan Patrick is referring to? I hope so anyway....Anyone who saw this guys career knows that he is the best ever. It's really not even debatable. Hopefully there was some context behind this ludicrous statement.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X